What is wrong with the new rules forum?

The new rules forum doesn't show me who posted last, instead it has some weird answers vs. posts. 

Also it doesn't show comments in chronological order so I can't keep track of who said what when and in response to whom. Please help me, how do I show it chronologically so I can actually follow the discussion?!

Answers can by sorted by date or by rating. Scroll to the answer that is at the top of the current page and on the right, at the same level as buttons like Next Page or Last Page are, there it is - Sort by date and Sort by rating buttons.

• Like 1

The new forum has the ability to set certain forums as question forums. We decided to test this feature for the rules forum, as that is inherently a question based forum.

Historically, the forum has been used to have rules debates, which is not as easy to do in the current system. From the perspective of new players, though, rules debates often confuse the issue instead of answering it.

I'm happy to change the forum to whatever works the best, but I'd like to give this new format a bit more of a chance before turning it back.

• Like 2

Cheers Phinn, very helpful!

@ Aaron: I see how that format for sorting would be helpful if you find an old thread and want to see the finsl answer. It would be nice to be able to choose the default when you are logged in and it would also be very nice to see who posted last from the browsing page of the rules forum. Right now I only see avatars and not the posters name or when the last reply was posted in the thread.

The problem is that it makes things disjointed, especially if the question has multiple parts that gets answered over multiple post. Also the "question forum" implementation lacks something that e.g. stackoverflow has. On stackoverflow each answer have its own comments that follows it so you want get the kind non sequiturs you get here.

An example from stackoverflow.