New player. Going for ressers.

MaVrie

Hello everyone,

I'm a new player starting out in the resser faction. I have the following models. 

Seamus crew box

McMourning crew box

Yin

Hanged x2

Crooked man x3

I will be starting with Seamus, since he seems easiest to start out with. 

What masters do tou guys suggest next? I really like the look of Nicodem and Molly. 

How viable are Nicodem and McMourning? 

Thanks in advance!

What do you mean by viable?  Both Nicodem and McMourning are both competitive Masters and are considered two of the best in Ressers along with Seamus.  Seamus is definitely the easiest of those to learn to play but the other two are both good Masters.  For McMourning you'll need to learn how to use his poison shenanigans and for Nicodem you'll need to learn how to resource manage well as you will need your good cards and stones for summoning rather than attacking/defending generally (although not always and knowing when it's worth not summoning to cheat in a high card for something else is key).  You'll definitely need more models for Nicodem because of how much he can summon though and I would suggest getting some Guild Autopsies for McMourning to help with the poison spread.

Nicodem and Mcmourning are seriously viable. Both of them being on the high end of the power curve in my eyes and experience. Nicodem being able to cover pretty much any ground he gets thrown at. And Mcmourning only suffering from a few not so favourable match ups. 

But  they are both very viable and good for sure. Mcmourning boxset is a good addition to any Rezzer player. Nicodem only brings stuff for himself. So you might want to opt for the McMourning boxset first. He brings nurses and the Fleshie. And Seamus makes very good use of nurses and flesh constructs. 

As a Nicodem player I can vouch seriously for how powerful he can be, he can even hold his own against powerhouse characters like Lady Justice. He's not very easy to play though, as has already been stated above, especially if you're new to tabletop wargaming. Making sure he survives while staying close enough to his crew to buff them up is challenging for anyone, and his abilities aren't explosive, swingy fireballs that are easier to evaluate. That said, his abilities are a blast to play, and cumulatively make even your weaker Undead pretty insanely powerful. Just don't be surprised when you end up owning every Resser Undead model you can get your hands on. 

Nicodem and Mcmourning are seriously viable. Both of them being on the high end of the power curve in my eyes and experience. Nicodem being able to cover pretty much any ground he gets thrown at. And Mcmourning only suffering from a few not so favourable match ups. 

But  they are both very viable and good for sure. Mcmourning boxset is a good addition to any Rezzer player. Nicodem only brings stuff for himself. So you might want to opt for the McMourning boxset first. He brings nurses and the Fleshie. And Seamus makes very good use of nurses and flesh constructs. 

What would a stinking guildy know about ressers.................

:D :D:D

• Like 3

Ahahahaha. Burn!

• Like 1

Ahahahaha. Burn!

large.Ghost_rider.gif.dbcb6965650ee31d74

I've heard Nicodem is both very solid, and yet at the same time, very at the mercy of his cards. He needs high crows (or cards and SS) to summon the models he needs, and corpse markers early to build up his fighting force. Take the upgrades Muahaha to make Mindless zombies out of corpses, to prevent opposing Rezzers from using them, and the enemy from removing/using them. They're also useful for activation control. Then another upgrade allows you to draw a card when an undead dies, so Muahahah into Summon to replace the cards in your hand. It's the best way to mitigate the fact you're saving high cards for Students/Hanged/Punk

In addition, he can take an upgrade to give bonus flips to CA actions for buddies within 6", but other than that, he makes your melee beatsticks into straight up monsters. Even Marcus runs at the sight of a Fast Punk Zombie under Nicodem and Toshiro's plus flip auras. Not that Nico is BAD, but you want to have a cache of 6-7, and spend it often on drawing cards, Crows, and possibly reducing damage if you cannot generate the corpse counters to heal yourself. But, he makes up for that with the positive flips he doles out to buddies within 6". I've played him in a few games, and you really want to bubble up and just swarm the opponent. Punks, Belles, and the Hanged are incredibly good summons. Punks come in his box, Belles in Seamus's, and Hanged are like 12$ for two. Probably wont need more.

Not that Casting minions are bad. Sybelle and belles become dangerous with him. He just lends himself to melee focused combat more often than not. 

He is so far, my favorite master. Play defensively, and to your objectives, and murder anything that comes near. Mortimer should be spitting out corpses left and right. Doge(s) seem good with him, but have been underwhelming except at being 4ss corpse counters. You need a medium to high crow to get a corpse counter out of them off a (2) action. and with how starved Nico is for high/med cards with summoning/cheating fate, it's not something you should bet on. They're decent runners, however, and make your positive flips much more effective when theyre within 1" of someone. I like taking a Belle and a Nurse for support, to heal, paralyze, move quicker, pull problem models in, etc. 

McMourning is incredibly viable. I've yet to play him, but he makes scheme marker based objectives so much easier with his (0). He also is pretty good at tabling the enemy and winning via attrition or even assassination. Plays well when they cant remove conditions, as Poison and his Nurses will be really Making Them Suffer (pun intended). I've been waiting on my arsenal deck 2 to arrive so i have the cards for Rafkin and Guild Autopsies, then i'll give him a go. 

Edited by gromgrom

Mortimer with Corpse Bloat should reliably get you two corpse counters a turn.  With stuff dying as well I've never had a shortage of corpse markers.  Bar a few exceptions anything you summon is going to become a fresh corpse counter for you to summon off again after it dies.  He definitely is card dependent but not necessarily more so than any other Master, he just wants to use his cards on different things.  You should also not be lured into the trap of thinking that Nico is just a summoner because he can do so much more.  He hands out Fast like candy (needing only a 4 to do so) and can heal his own models very easily (including blasting heals from his attack) so if you don't get high cards to summon then you can still support your crew and maximise their effectiveness (and in fact knowing when to summon and when to lend support to your models that are already on the table is another thing to learn about Nico).  Definitely agree regarding the SS cache though.  I rarely run him with less than a full SS cache of 7 and never with less than 6.  You will get at least one or two high cards in your hand more often than not but chances of them being the correct suit are much less certain so you will almost certainly use them for adding suits to your casts.  I don't think I've ever used a SS to reduce damage to Nico though.  He has Impossible to Wound which is a fantastic ability and a very high wound stack plus the ability to hand off attacks to friendly Undead (hello Mindless Zombies!) so can take a lot of punishment.

I don't think I've ever used a SS to reduce damage to Nico though.  He has Impossible to Wound which is a fantastic ability and a very high wound stack plus the ability to hand off attacks to friendly Undead (hello Mindless Zombies!) so can take a lot of punishment.

Another ability you won't use much but is great at increasing his resilience is his Chime of Sorrow (0) action, if they get Nico down to low wounds late game he can recover most of his wounds and draw a few cards, keeping himself alive in a tough spot. Even healing just two wounds can be a game-changer when you've got impossible to wound as protection. 

• Like 1