Gaining nonstacking Conditions and Laugh off and place effects

cursingbulldog

Question

I've been playing the crossroads 7 lately and they have some new interactions that that make things interesting thats for sure. This has led to a bit of confusion in some instances.

First with Sloth, his aura, 0 action, and Lullaby attack all state that the target can gain slow to avoid or gain other effects. If the target is already slow they can't choose to gain it again can they? For example Sloth uses Lullaby on an enemy they choose to gain slow and take 2 damage instead of being paralyzed, When they activate next inside Sloth's Aura they loose the ability to gain slow and instead can only choose between discarding a card or taking 2 damage correct? My understanding of this is you cannot gain non-stacking conditions more than once. 

Second I was going to use Lusts attack on Sensei Yu that places the target into base contact with a friendly model within 8. We were unsure if his laugh off ability stops place effects as a place is sort of but not really a move. 

3 answers to this question

First with Sloth, his aura, 0 action, and Lullaby attack all state that the target can gain slow to avoid or gain other effects. If the target is already slow they can't choose to gain it again can they? For example Sloth uses Lullaby on an enemy they choose to gain slow and take 2 damage instead of being paralyzed, When they activate next inside Sloth's Aura they loose the ability to gain slow and instead can only choose between discarding a card or taking 2 damage correct? My understanding of this is you cannot gain non-stacking conditions more than once. 

Model that already has slow cannot gain slow, because the new condition would simply be ignored. That means that the model can't choose to gain slow to heal 3 damage. It doesn't prevent them from choosing to suffer 2 damage to gain slow instead of paralyzed though.