Questions about the new forum

Hi,

Two questions about the new forum.

1. I can't find a reply button when reading the forum on my mobile. Bug, or some invisible button somewhere? Edit: must be all the threads I read was locked, but couldn't find any indication they where indeed locked...

2. I can't find the New Content function anywhere on mobile. Is it gone? Was an extremely useful function, and it's much harder to keep up with new posts without it...

Otherwise it looks great! :-)

Edited by tmod

Odds are I haven't set something up correctly as of yet and am currently muddling through a few things that are being asinine. I suspect we'll have it all rolling just fine come Monday some time. My apologies in the mean time if not everything is quite working up to par yet. 

If it persists past Monday, give us a holler so that we can look into it properly. 

• Like 1

Odds are I haven't set something up correctly as of yet and am currently muddling through a few things that are being asinine. I suspect we'll have it all rolling just fine come Monday some time. My apologies in the mean time if not everything is quite working up to par yet. 

If it persists past Monday, give us a holler so that we can look into it properly. 

Awesome, thanks for quick response!

I guess I'll have to "make do" with reading a brand new issue of the Chronicles until tomorrow then... ;-)

Also unable to delete notifications (on laptop) which I assume is also a result of the port over?  And the posts 'ticket' on the right hand side of the website has each individual post (for example at the moment it's just a list of five posts in the Off Topic Playground) rather than the previous list of most recent threads that had posts in them.  Not sure if this is intentional (and personally I prefer it the old way) but thought I'd put it up here in case it's another teething problem with the port over.  New forum looks ace so far though.

Also unable to delete notifications (on laptop) which I assume is also a result of the port over?  And the posts 'ticket' on the right hand side of the website has each individual post (for example at the moment it's just a list of five posts in the Off Topic Playground) rather than the previous list of most recent threads that had posts in them.  Not sure if this is intentional (and personally I prefer it the old way) but thought I'd put it up here in case it's another teething problem with the port over.  New forum looks ace so far though.

Have to agree with this.

I used to find that the quickest way to find new/active topics was to look at the recent tab but at the moment it feels very rare for the recent tab to have anything other than off topic discussion (due to off topic being a very active thread). It would be preferable in my mind to either have the recent activity be the most recently used threads or to include off topic in the list of threads that don't show up in the recent tab.

• Like 1

I have a question about the new forum. Was the dislike button seriously necessary? Since I don't feel it really adds anything. Quite the contrary. You are free to disagree and not like everything but is it necessary to show it to everyone? As I feel this button will be grossly misused. 

1. SGE posted a thread about combinations etc people felt weren't cut to work out as they are. His first post got disliked. For what? People didn't feel there was such a thing in the game? People felt it wasn't worth posting? You can ignore the topic and let it go without going ahead and disliking something just because you feel you have nothing else to say. 

2.The Monday previews. It was asked that people post their opinions about them and people not coming to the threads and being defensive. Well now they have the dislike button. So when people go in there and post their opinions of the new releases they are putting themselves into a position that while not being allowed to be called basement dwellers those name callers will run in and dislike the living shit out of their posts. 

3. I feel that the like button was enough. People like your postings they can show it. People don't? Ignore them. But now you can just go ahead and dislike stuff and show people they aren't welcome. 

So.. Is it really necessary? 

• Like 2

I have a question about the new forum. Was the dislike button seriously necessary? Since I don't feel it really adds anything. Quite the contrary. You are free to disagree and not like everything but is it necessary to show it to everyone? As I feel this button will be grossly misused. 

1. SGE posted a thread about combinations etc people felt weren't cut to work out as they are. His first post got disliked. For what? People didn't feel there was such a thing in the game? People felt it wasn't worth posting? You can ignore the topic and let it go without going ahead and disliking something just because you feel you have nothing else to say. 

2.The Monday previews. It was asked that people post their opinions about them and people not coming to the threads and being defensive. Well now they have the dislike button. So when people go in there and post their opinions of the new releases they are putting themselves into a position that while not being allowed to be called basement dwellers those name callers will run in and dislike the living shit out of their posts. 

3. I feel that the like button was enough. People like your postings they can show it. People don't? Ignore them. But now you can just go ahead and dislike stuff and show people they aren't welcome. 

So.. Is it really necessary? 

They listened to you!  But now apparently all we can do is declare our undying love for you which is a bit disconcerting!

• Like 2