Coming back to Malifaux... Arcanists vs Gremlins?

MrG

As mentioned in one of my last posts, my wife and I had to move to the other side of the pond, the result was that I kept my Resser faction, she sold her Arcanists. Now that we are coming back to Malifaux, she has the possibility to start a new faction and she is VERY undecided if she should start Arcanists again or play as a big mama in the bayou (hahaha she is going to kill me... :P).

Generally this is the rating she gives to the two factions:

Arcanists:

• Miniatures 8: she liked the sculpts and "mechanical spiders FTW!"
  • Theme 8: she liked the steampunk theme, even though Rasputina and Marcus are a little "off"
  • Gameplay 8.5: she really found herself liking the solid and fitting gameplay almost mastering Ramos after a few games.

Gremlins:

• Miniatures 8.5: PIIIIIG CATAPUUUUUULT!!! she loves all the minis here
  • Theme 9: Bayou inside, constant silliness, and funny to just watch
  • Gameplay ?: Never played so nothing available here.

The problem here is that there is a strong preference currently, for her (and me as well) to buy the Gremlins, but since she will play vs myself and the Resser faction 90% of the time, is it a good idea? Or blinded by the amazing green, will she be upset (and will I be as well ) to find herself in a constant bad matchup?

What are your thoughts? Thanks for the help!

top tip: she should just run all moon shinobis

hard to wound? not anymore >:D

One of the reasons I like gremlins a lot for reals is that they can bring so many activations to the table that even if your opponent beats you in a straight up fight, you can still get a lot of schemes done (just make sure you don't die too fast). Not too up to speed on how strong ressers are at countering that, but if it's just combat you're worried about I would probably go for it.

And besides, they're gremlins. It's funny when things go wrong.