Shifting Loyalties Campaign, Manchester (and greater area), NH 9/8/2015

PeregrineFalcon

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

We will beginning the Shifting Loyalties campaign in the Manchester, NH greater area. Games can be played anywhere, but typically players meet on Tuesdays at:

Milly's Tavern

500 Commercial St.

Manchester, NH

This first run-thru of the campaign rules will be simply to get people familiarized. It will run for a shorter # of weeks, plan is to start another one right after. All games played during this campaign will be eligible for the Nythera 4-month worldwide event Wyrd is running. More can be found in the Chronicles 19. Make sure to subscribe to this thread to get updates.

Campaign Rules:

• Campaign will run Sept. 8 - Nov. 3rd
  • If you want to start after we begin there are rules to get you in
  • Games can be played anywhere, but must be reported to me to be scored
  • Max 2 games per event week are eligible
  • Campaign will run for 4 event weeks
  • Campaign event weeks will start on Tuesdays, they will be posted in this thread
  • Event weeks will span 2 weeks

Players/Factions:

• Adam/Neverborn
  • Blake/Outcasts
  • Carlos/Ten Thunders
  • Corbin/Guild
  • Matt/Outcasts
  • Mike/Neverborn
  • Ruby/Arcanists
  • Sean/Outcasts
Edited by PeregrineFalcon
announcements

Your starting arsenal is 35ss, and includes the cost of every model you've paid for. This includes your Hench(wo)man.

So basically, when we play a game during the first week it will be a 35ss game, without a Master. Your leader is the Hench you've picked, but in a campaign game you do include its costs. So yes you pick your hench(wo)man and with whatever you're left with in ss is what you can use to buy other models.

Also you can take at MOST 1 upgrade. The upgrade must be able to be attached to at least one model in the Crew. 

For example, let me show you one list example.

Neverborn Starting Arsenal:

• (Leader) Nekima 13ss
    • The True Mother 2ss
  • Black Blood Shaman 7ss
  • Doppleganger 7ss
  • Terror Tot 4ss
  • Primordial Magic 2ss

Arsenal Total 35ss

Week 1 Game 1:

Let's just assume we play a 40ss game the first week. I choose all my models, meaning I have 5 spare soulstones. Therefore my starting ss pool is 5ss. However, remember (per page 12 of Shifting Loyalties) you do NOT get to add your Hench's cache value. Please read the campaign rating and soulstone pool information on page 12 for complete rules. So in this example yes, I pay the 13ss for Nekima, then pay for the rest of the models in my crew.

Hopefully, that clears things up somewhat.

Cheers,

-PF

As a heads up, you plan to participate in the Nythera Wyrd run Worldwide Event, you need to sign up at the following link...

http://www.wyrd-games.net/nythera

This is not required to play in the campaign I'm running, but if you're planning on playing in that why not just sign up there and get credit to help shape the world of Malifaux :)

Also, please (actually, let's just say its required), that you read the Nythera Event rules. This is going to be so friggin' cool.

Edited by PeregrineFalcon

Hey how do people feel about making each week coincide with the Nythera new weeks? We will see what they end up doing, if it really is Friday's that they release the new Nythera Event we'll be using or if it's going to be Mondays. 

Also any interest in making this first campaign be a 4 week (1 week event weeks)? Currently, have it set as a 4 week (2 week event weeks). It would make it easier to start another campaign up earlier and also make it easier for coordinating what the current week of events is?

Thoughts?

Reminder well be starting the campaign tomorrow. Well be using week 1 event from Nythera unless it changes (i don't expect it to). I'll bring the campaign book for any questions or reference checks. 

I'll have 3 tables of Malifaux. Planning to be there 3:30/4. I'll set em up and we can play as much as possible all night. I'm planning on just faux tomorrow. Until close. 

If you know anyone else coming let me know.  

@Matt would you like to get a game in? What time are you showing up?

Please make sure to report your Nythera games as it seems some people have not.

ANNOUNCEMENTS: We are sticking with 2-week event weeks for our campaign. You are welcome to play more games, max 3 games per event week. Our next week starts Sept. 22. A note on that, Milly's tavern is having an event in the back room, while we could still play in the middle space, miniatures won't fit there too well. We are going to be playing at Game Castle in Londonderry, NH the night of Sept. 22, they are open from 4:15 - 10pm. Sept. 15th we will still be at Milly's.

REMINDER: May 22nd We Will Be At GAME CASTLE They open at 4:15pm and close at 10pm.

It will be 'Week 2' for us, but we will be using the 'Nythera Week 3 Event' as to not miss out on the weekly event fun. Remember because this is the start of week 2 we all get to make purchases. Remember first purchase is 5ss less, and you HAVE to buy at least 1 model.

See you all there!

• 2 weeks later...

So plan is for more Malifaux tomorrow at Milly's Tavern. We'll be moving on to week #3 of our campaign (i.e. meaning we get new purchases).

We will be using the latest weeks Nythera event this week (Week 5). What time can people be there? Trying to schedule around everything. I'm planning to be there around 3pm. I have a quick board game I'm trying to get in at some point during the night but besides that I'll be playing Malifaux all night.