Wanting a two master travel set

RMK

+1 to the Ramos/Colette suggestion. Performers are great minions not only for their don't mind me, but also for their ability to pitch enemy scheme markers. Also would highly recommend Cassandra and soul stone miner.

Purchase list Ramos box, Colette box, Mech Rider (not necessary, but can single handidly pull off plant explosives), metal gamin, an extra box of spiders. Total retail cost under $175

As an added bonus to Somer + Ophelia combo: you can just add Wong as he really doesn't have any special requirements to his crew. And everyone likes Mancha Roja and the Lightning Bugs.

Not everyone likes Mancha Roja, he is the only Gremlin model I have absolutely no interest in.

Sort of agree with the Wong recommendation, however that will add a few more models to the bag and those dont have a lot of cross over with Som'er or Ophelia.

I believe this is a self answering question that no one other then those asking can answer as it is a very personal question. For instance I would go Lilith/Dreamer or Pandora/Dreamer or for arcanists Mei/Kaeris or Collet/Kaeris but many would say I am crazy form not looking at Ramos but I do not like him or how he plays.
There is no clear winner in this question as it really depends on two things, the faction you want to run and who in those factions are you comfortable with and I recommend that being the deciding factor more than model overlap.

I would say in the models you bring with you have an anti armor option and an anti incorporeal option.

shenlong + misaki ? Pretty good amount of crossover on their models, most of their stuff is on small bases so it can fit into a smaller case, and they cover very different sceme/strat specializations, Misaki likes killing things, shenlong likes claiming and placing. Gold star pair

I actually would suggest Colette + mei feng . Showgirls and mannequins are actually really useful in mei's crew, providing movement shenanigans and constructs to surf, as well as marker placement shenanigans; and rail workers make great durable minions for colette's otherwise fragile crew. Again the two cover different scoring criteria, Colette places and moves, Mei kills things. Also, again, these crews are mostly on small bases (although you can certainly benefit from making a little room for a rail golem or howard langston]. Colette is one of the best masters in the game, I would lean heavily towards taking her.

Finally from my home team, neverborn, the pair that I would take if I were looking to do this :

Dreamer + pandora/lilith . Dreamer has so many ways he can play, but generally will be spamming summoning. Pandora uses almost all of those same models but plays very differently herself, being more of a stand alone master. You need to make room in a case for chompy (it's a huuuuge model], teddy, and maybe a poltergeist. Toss in some silurids because why would you not, they're arguably the best scheme runner in the game. As a bonus you can throw in lilith or even zoraida, they are both on small bases, and don't really need their thematic crews. The only negative is this is physically a lot of models (dreamer alone needs himself, 3 daydreams, and chompy} but offers a lot of flexibility and dreamer is another of the best masters available.

I really thank everyone for their responses.  I know it wont just help me.  If I said that movement is typically my favorite part of any miniatures game (ala fast models, out of activation movement, or pulling/luring) would point to one crew pair over the others?

I really thank everyone for their responses.  I know it wont just help me.  If I said that movement is typically my favorite part of any miniatures game (ala fast models, out of activation movement, or pulling/luring) would point to one crew pair over the others?

I would again strongly recommend a look at the Gremlin's, especially Som'er. Piglets make the crew highly mobile via Pig Ladders and the Truffle Shuffle.

Misaki would also be a fairly good choice as her crew is capable of some interesting movement shenanigans with the right upgrades.

Lilith and Zoraida. What you described is pretty much exactly what they do.

Not everyone likes Mancha Roja, he is the only Gremlin model I have absolutely no interest in.

I meant that all Gremlin Masters like Mancha Roja - worded it badly. He doesn't need support and is quite killy so fits any crew. He isn't especially needed, though, either. And Wong doesn't have any specific synergy with him (well, he's not a bad target for Glowy).

Sort of agree with the Wong recommendation, however that will add a few more models to the bag and those dont have a lot of cross over with Som'er or Ophelia.

Well, at a minimum it would add only Wong and Assistant though a Lightning Bug wouldn't go amiss and Somer absolutely loves Lightning Bugs (they can substitute for Slop Haulers in his summoning as mask lets them heal).

Arcanists

Mei feng has a movement trick where she can bounce around between constructs and scrap markersfor 1ap with a flying kick at the end of it. Ironsides can either place herself into contact with an enemy or drag them to her along with other members of her crew who can pull enemies close to her she then doesnt let the leave. Kaeris has a walk of 6 with flight so can get wherever she needs to go also has an upgrade which moves her and an opponent whilst also potentially dealing damage.

Neverborn.

Lilith can drag people to her from out of line of sight and also move around her own troops with different abilities. Zoraida can make her own troops as well as the opponents take extra actions and can move pretty quickly when needed.

Ressers.

Belles lure enemies towards their doom really easily. And seamus gets around the board pretty handily.

Gremlins.

Get extra ap to move around and have pigapult and lenny can throw other models around.

Guild.

Generally most movement tricks are done by the ortegas although hunters and peacekeeper can drag enemies closer.

Not too sure on thunders and outcasts although i believe jack daws crew are very fast!

Gremlins.

Get extra ap to move around and have pigapult and lenny can throw other models around.

Gremlins also have Piglets for movement shenanigans. It is amazing how much ground an unactivated  gremlin can cover via Pig Ladders and the Truffle Shuffle. It also eats up a ton of activations which can help the crew as well.

Not to mention the fact that Ophelia can move friendlies around, Zoraida can, Brewmaster can, Ulix can, and Mah can. Gracie and Old Major can Saddle Gremlins around, Trixie can lure Gremlins and repel others, Burt and Lovely Assistant can bunch enemies up and so on and so forth. There's a tremendous amount of movement shenanigans in the Gremlin Faction.

I've been browsing the forums and reading stat cards furiously. There is so much depth to this game. So many ways to win.  

I know the following question is flawed because it is meta dependent, but it has relevance for a travel army. What faction do you think is least played?  I looked at this forum as an indicator. In terms of post count ressers>neverborn>Outcasts>arcanists>guild>tt>gremlins with ten thunders and gremlins far behind the others. Do you feel this is indicative of the game as a whole?

No. In the case of Gremlins, they are a little behind on the publication schedule. But the Nythera thread indicated that the factions are pretty equally distributed. Nathan might be able to give insight per the sales number, but I doubt he will do it.

One possible reason for why TT section has a lot fewer posts is because they share most of their Masters with other Factions. In other words, a lot of Mei Feng talk happens in the Arcanist forums and a lot of Lynch discussion happens in the Neverborn forums. There are naturally differences when played in different factions but since they always have a mechanism to hire their core crew no matter which Faction they play as, that can be a factor.

As for Gremlins, they had a dearth of models for a long time and since they are the newest Faction (they were introduced as a full Faction in the second edition when previously they had been a sort of a sub-Faction of Outcasts) and there weren't metal versions available for a lot of their models. OTOH this is a thing that likely makes them a bit less played than other Factions, so if I had a gun pointed at my temple and had to declare the least played Faction, I'd say Gremlins. But it is highly meta-dependent and hard facts are hard to come by (well, other than Wyrd sales numbers but those aren't available to us unwashed masses).

Anyone have any opinions on Outcasts in this line of thinking?

Outcasts are a little tough since many of them really like their core crews.  However, the Viktorias and Von Schill would be good together as they like a lot of the same models.  The Viks are excellent for Turf War and Reconnoiter, while Von Schill is a solid all-rounder who is sort of a jack of all trades-master of none.  The Viks also have a lot of movement tricks which you mentioned that you liked earlier.

Leveticus and Jack Daw are probably out since they have large hiring pools which will expand the number of models you'll want. Hamelin can actually run well with an elite crew of mercenaries (think Victorias or Von Schill's people), but not many other masters will hire a lot of the Hamelin themed models.  Tara would also be a solid choice to add to another master, as Void Wretches are great scheme runnners, and Tara can work well with any models really. She also has a lot of movement tricks and allows you to "teleport" models via the Bury mechanism.

• 3 weeks later...

I like so much Vickys and Von Schill. Sometimes, tournament plays end in turn 3 or 4. With Vickys you already win or lose for that time. Von Schill add Librarian and Trapper to Vicktorias tools. And is a Solid Choice for everything (And a lot more toughness).

I like too Kaeris/Mei Feng or Marcus/Rasputina.

Lucius/McCabe/Lynch

I dont recommend Gremlins or Resser. So much models. If you do... Yan Lo and Kirai are your best choices (Yes, I said Yan Lo, I'm mad. He give you a elite crew and Kirai an horde crew.

Edited by D-solad0r

• 3 months later...

Not a lot of reser advice in this. So I thought I'd take a stab at it.

Molly + Seamus seem to have a lot of crossover. Probably have to decide to only take Horror Molly though which limits her flexibility. I hear Spirit Molly is probably better too.

Molly + Kirai also seem to share models well if Molly focuses on spirits.  Though that also limits Molly's flexibility.

Which pair covers strays better in your opinion?