Wanting a two master travel set

RMK

I'd like to get some advice about two masters that have the following characteristics:

1st:  Cover the Strategies between them very well (for example: I read that Tara is very good at reconnoiter but struggles with Reckoning, which master would cover that weakness?)

2nd: Use the most shared models (for example: Collette has a lot of showgirls but no one else in arcanists really uses them, that would be a strike against)

3rd: Decently competetive

I am looking to build a compact 2 crew travel collection that I can use to get games in wherever I find myself.  I am on the road a lot so I don't want to have 70+ models in my carry on.  Right now I am thinking of focusing more on a fast master that would be good for reconnoiter and schemes, while having the second be fairly elite and hitty for turf war and reckoning.  I havent got enough games in to make a informed decision and would love any help or opinions you could give.

In short, I want to get two masters that can cover the game's various scenarios while using the most models in common to do it what are your picks?

Some pairings I have been considering:

Nico/Seamus or Nico/Molly or Kirai/Molly (Good model crossover)

Dreamer/Pandora or Collodi/Zoraida (some model crossover)

Hoffman/Lucius (little model crossover)

Levi/Tara

Most of these I've never played or played against so any help would be great.

Levi can bounce around and do those schemes that Hoffman sometimes has problems with if you are a big "hoffball" fan, and Hoff can provide a great master for "bunched up" schemes or strats.

Levi can hire everything in the Hoff crew, and if you expand the hoff crew with more constructs, levi can use them as well.

Basically, you can have a small core of construct models, 1 or two non construct models from each faction for flavour and the masters. 15-20 models tops and you can do damn near anything you want. :)

But if I declare guild (so I could play Hoffman) I can't play Levi unless I declare Outcast (which prevents me from playing hoffman).  Am I missing something?  I like the using the same models to do diffferent strat/scheme though that is exactly what I am looking for.

This is getting a bit off topic.  I am aware that you can play different factions in different games but I understood that you declare your faction THEN find out the strategy which would prevent me using Levi for things Hoffman can't do well.  Right?

What do tournaments or even local gamers in your area generally do?

You are entirely right that going the same faction is generally best for your initial premise, using standard draw random strat, draw random schemes scenario.

However many tournaments have fixed strats and schemes, and some allow a different faction each round.

But I am not sure if people have missed what you were originally mentioning or not.

The other thing to consider is if a duel master approach is even neccessary. There are a fair few flexible masters out there who can do well across different schemes as well as the fact just because a master stays the same doesnt mean the crew has to, but this really depends on how big a part you want theme to play.

I would say that you may want to potentially avoid summoners if space is a problem, for instance Nicodm probably needs the most models in the game. Molly sometime wants a a big range of models if you want the flexibility of spirit or horror Molly game to game.

I would probably narrow down to 1 faction and then look through at which master brings to the table. Some faction subforums may have threads on hypothetical what would you take with stratedgy x and schemes y available. These threads could help narrow down.

On actual advice maybe Lucius with Lynch as neverborn. I am afraid I havent looked into weakneses I just am aware lynch is powerful flexible and often Lynch is considered the goto box set to expand Lucius as neverborn.

Well, you don't want Guild, so I'm out.... but the two Gremlins are pretty great. Ramos is pretty much the king of Reconnoitre without a large hiring pool and pairs well with a lot of the other Arcanists like Colette (who rocks Interact Schemes and Turf War) or Mei Feng.

Dirial if you have a 2 guild master combo share it. If nothing else for anyone else looking to pick up two masters For similar reasons.

I have to look into gremlins never even seen a gremlin model in person.

What models do Ramos and Colette share? Mei Feng I get.

As an added bonus to Somer + Ophelia combo: you can just add Wong as he really doesn't have any special requirements to his crew. And everyone likes Mancha Roja and the Lightning Bugs.

As for Arcanists, Colette + Ramos + Electrical Creation + Mech Rider + Metal Gamin makes for some very solid crews. Ramos takes care of Reconnoiter and such while Colette rocks Reckoning and similar. If you want more, you could add Johan and maybe even Mei Feng (though Mei Feng really doesn't do anything better than Ramos and Colette). Oh, and more Spiders if you're not fond of magnetizing them.

For Neverborn Lilith + Zoraida + Waldgeists + Nephilim would work nicely and cheaply. Both Masters can use essentially all of the minis (except one another's totems :P) and both can tackle basically any strategy. If you wanted, you could add Nekima into the mix as well. And maybe a Nurse for Zoraida (not required, though).