Most in-theme masters?

OSP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gonna go out on a limb and say all masters are themey hence why they come in a starter box. Though I'm beginning to see that replacing or adding a model to a crew in any combination is what takes a list and makes it great. For instance only taking one belle with Seamus and adding a hanged etc. I've been finding when you don't spam minions and add a little variety you wind up with more solutions to more problems that can occur in the game

Do all undead and constructs in the game count as in theme for Leveticus? ;)

Levy is one of my favorite masters to play in theme (Rusty, Desolation Engine, Ashes and Dust, and Abominations), because I love the concept of the grotesque deformed creatures slowly dragging down and assimilating enemies while Levy and Rusty convert all those who oppose them.

I'll also echo Asirian in that Hamelin does just fine both inside and outside of his theme; outside his theme he becomes a little bit like Zoraida with similar but different tricks. Speaking of Zoraida - she's a master who can be perfectly happy either in or out of theme.

• 1 month later...

I have the feeling some ten thunders want to go out of sheme... not too far though. With Misaki while optically great I find it very weird to run only last blossom... though most holes can be coverd with thunders which is well not far off as the daughter.

I also see no reason to just run a bunch of monks with Shen or Ancestors with Yan Lo... though some always make it in.