Effigy - Which One(s)?

SurreyLee

Okay, with Gencon but days away and the ability to purchase effigies open i've not played Collodi yet, he's also on order, but which effigies work with him, which can be left?

Budgets only stretch so far, right, so which if any effigies should i make sure i get now while available. 

Thanks in advance.

Lucky and Hodgepodge are also solid picks but Lucky fills a very similar role to Brutal (both heal just with different causes).

Carrion is the next good one (strips immunities so works well with Collodis slows, also allows Vasillia to obey normally immune models into attacking Teddies/weaver for auto paralyse. Main use though is being a 3rd healer who counters ressers by eating corpses.

Shadow and Mysterious aren't awful but are probably the lowest priotity (the (0) actions aren't that great)

• Like 2

Arcane gives out burning to the leaders attack actions (with one upgrade collodi then passes this on to all his minions) which can get a lot of mileage.

Brutal effigy has arguably the most reliable heal out of the 3 healing effigies as well as possessing finish the job.

Both have ranged attacks (which the other effigies lack) meaning they can still pull a little weight without having to wade into a combat they are likely to lose.

• Like 2

Plus Arcane comes with the ultra-useful (1) to remove a condition from a friendly model within 2". With Strum the threads, Vasilisa and Collodi's "My will", that's a lot of nasty slows, burning, paralyses, poison, and so on that you won't have to care about. I really don't see myself reliying much on the +1 burn, but this action makes Arcane an autoinclude for me.

Expanding on Brutal, you can pass its healing condition to your puppinions, give your puppets fast suffering 2 wounds with Strum the threads, and see them get back to full while shreding your oponent. That's kind of... brutal  :D . Also, it comes with Finish the job, to drop a marker when dying, and has a weak :ranged (10") attack that might give slow.

I don't fully agree that Lucky and Brutal are that redundant. If you want to play offensive, Brutal is the way to go; but if you won't be attacking much during a turn, Lucky is a better choice. It also brings "Hit me", which I think can be abused in a Bag of props Collodi to interfere with your oponent's plans and drain his/her hand. That said, I'll limit myself to Brutal and Arcane for the time being; though I will probably end up getting Lucky when it's released.

Definitely agree that Lucky and Brutal don't have too much redundancy between them.

The comparison was more due to the OPs budget comment. On a budget if I were to only recommend 3 effigies for Collodi then it would definitely be Arcane, Hodgepodge and one of the healers. If the budget stretches to 4 though then you definitely grab both the brutal and lucky.

Arcane gives out burning to the leaders attack actions (with one upgrade collodi then passes this on to all his minions) which can get a lot of mileage.

Brutal effigy has arguably the most reliable heal out of the 3 healing effigies as well as possessing finish the job.

Both have ranged attacks (which the other effigies lack) meaning they can still pull a little weight without having to wade into a combat they are likely to lose.

This is a really good suggestion. :)