Komainu for GenCon!

Rob Lo

Just got my emailed Newsletter, it mentions that Iggy didn't make it in time, but the Komainu will be filling in for him. $18 for the box.

I proclaim this the final portent in the coming Golden Age of Yan Lo!

As much as I love Yan Lo, I've yet to use Komainu, mostly because of not finding good but affordable proxies for them. So, tell me all the goodness that you've found with them? What do you like to do with them? Specific factions they're better against? I can foresee even more Toshiro on the table now.

• Like 1

Really looking over the card, I think these guys are great to balance against the weakness of Ressers having so many incorporeal models.

"Oh, you're playing ressers? I'll just bring my all casting crew, hahah!!"

"Oh god, the dogs, they won't stop! So many attacks!"

And yes, one trigger is for burning, built in if near an ancestor (Toshiro all over the place, I can see it now)

Really looking over the card, I think these guys are great to balance against the weakness of Ressers having so many incorporeal models.

"Oh, you're playing ressers? I'll just bring my all casting crew, hahah!!"

"Oh god, the dogs, they won't stop! So many attacks!"

The condition goes away when you attack so you don't get any extra AP out of it, you just save it for later.

I've played a bog-standard Mei crew with Toshiro and a Pathfinder to great effect. Pile on the +flips for the Rail Workers and they'll murderize everything they touch.

Yeah I thought Toshiro might be a fit as he's pretty good with minions. Plus he can summon from scraps when they've served their purpose. 

• Like 1