New Website Launched

Lucidicide

Fair enough.  I rarely look at their store other than when they have the exclusive sales.

Nothing against Wyrd, but if I am going to pay full price for their products then I am going to give a cut of that sale to my local store.

From everything I see Wyrd would rather you buy from your store than the webstore. They do much more than most companies in support of LGS.

And I am the same way as you, unless its an early release (like this Gencon stuff), that wont be out a a while and that I wanted yesterday (Shenlong for example), I pick it up from my LGS.

• Like 1

From everything I see Wyrd would rather you buy from your store than the webstore. They do much more than most companies in support of LGS.

And I am the same way as you, unless its an early release (like this Gencon stuff), that wont be out a a while and that I wanted yesterday (Shenlong for example), I pick it up from my LGS.

I agree.  My statement was not a jab against Wyrd.  I love Wyrd and tend to gush about them quite a bit on both these forums and others.  I was simply trying to convey that I prefer to shop local if I am going to pay full price.  When I internet shop I am generally looking to stretch my dollar farther by going through a retailer with a fair discount such as Miniature Market or Discount Games.

When it comes to Malifaux I have a fairly even buying split of local and discount.  I have shopped at a particular store in town for around 10 years and at times we have a fairly strained relationship for a number of reasons.  I buy a lot of stuff online for that reason.  However, they carry a fair amount of Malifaux product while nobody else in town really does and so I will reward them with my business for that reason.  I am a firm believer of voting with my wallet - which is why I buy stuff during Wyrd's online sales as well (I love the exclusive products they make and would like to continue to see them make them).

Math is hard!

Not just 'math is hard!' but also accuracy is hard. Without a crew creator app, I'd still think that Zoraida's upgrades all cost 1, since the box I bought last month still had misprinted cards in it. Only Malifaux Companion alerted me to the issue.

• Like 1

While we are asking for things, can the assembly instructions section be formatted a bit more efficiently. As is you have either wade thru all the options page by page to find the ones you want or correctly guess what they are saved as. I would recommend a simple two or three columned list that is hot linked to the instructions

Aaron you bring up an interesting point that sort of proves the need for a better organizational method. Using the Instructions search prompt, I was unable to locate any of the Misaki crew or Ten Thunders Archers (used each of the models names). After wading through the entire catalog I discovered they weren't there. Needless to say, more than annoyed with that. An easily referable list would have been much appreciated and saved a bunch of time.

Aaron you bring up an interesting point that sort of proves the need for a better organizational method. Using the Instructions search prompt, I was unable to locate any of the Misaki crew or Ten Thunders Archers (used each of the models names). After wading through the entire catalog I discovered they weren't there. Needless to say, more than annoyed with that. An easily referable list would have been much appreciated and saved a bunch of time.

It is easily referable. You search for the model you want. If nothing comes up it isn't there.

@Santaclaws01. The problem with that thinking is there isn't anything that states that. With the complexity of the plastic kits. Making this section as user friendly as possible is important. I am not new to the game or the hobby, and many of the new plastics are more than a bit frustrating to assemble even with instructions. I am not alone in this either, a quick forum search will show many threads lamenting assembling the plastic kits.

Additionally, the blurb that states "To see all instructions available, click here:" doesn't really show you everything that is available in an easily referable manner. All it does is take you to the first page of whats available, requiring you to wade thru page after page, scrolling down each page.

Lastly, there are models that have instructions available when you wade thru the list, that don't come up in the search. Try Day Dream for example, or the Dreamer, or even Hide & Seek, none of these will come up, though the instructions are available.

If it works for you as is, cool. For me it leaves much to be desired and is an area that could benefit from some improvement.

When I type in "dream" or "hide" or "day" dreamer related instructions come up in the search preview. "Day dream" doesn't work though as they are apparently called "daydream", there can also be a bit of delay when the preview say "No results found." instead of "Searching..." or something.

That said I would also like a list view or thumbnail view of instructions, browsing with 8 entries per page is kind of slow.