Purchases beyond crew boxes

My friends and I are jumping into Malifaux and I was wondering about the following things.

Resurrectionists: Seamus,Mcmourning,Nicodem, and Molly boxes -> Do I need more than 3 Rotten Belles? I intend getting Mindless Zombies

Neverborn: Dreamer, Lilith, Pandora - > Should this player get more daydreams/alps for the dreamer's summoning?

Tara Crew Box - > More Void Wretches Needed?

The guild player has Lucius, Sonnia, and Justice's boxes... not even sure what to ask about those :} (Maybe hoffman for some constructs? But Then I guess he'd need more of those to play Hoffman? Not sure)

I know these are a lot of questions but we're trying to put together a nice collective big order.

Thanks in advance for the help! Also, if you feel like we're on the completely wrong track and not looking at the right purchases, feel free to suggest anything!

Thanks again!

I don't play those filthy Rezzers and Neverborns.

Your Guild guy could buy the Ortega box and be pretty happy for a while. Ortega/Sonnia/Justice...all have nice cross over potential. 'Cisco and Judge can go anywhere....Stalkers, Death Marshals are the same. I'd probably look for some Austringers. There are plenty of single models that might play well....Exorcist (great synergy with Judge), Witchling Handler (hard to find but an auto-include in my Sonnia crews)....Lone Marshal....Guild Hounds....Latigo Pistoleros....Peacekeeper. The Hoffman box is an option...gives you a Watcher and two Hunters which are both good at crossing over. Riflemen are good with Lucius.......

Just get the whole faction :D

• Like 1

In answer to your belle question... Maybe.

It really depends. I have 9 rotten belles (new plastics, old metals, and all three old metal hollow waifs painted to look like undead belles), and most of the time I don't need more than 3, but some games I run 6, some games I summon up more than 3. I rarely need more than 6 though. So it depends on how you play and how you build your crews.

Can you get away with 3, absolutely. Might you feel you need more, maybe.

3 Belles is a great place to start. I can think of a couple games here or there where I've said "Okay, I could use a 4th Belle right now" but never "I screwed up by not having a 4th Belle." You won't need more than 3 unless you've gotten to understand the workings of the crew and your particular playstyle and desire for a very specific type of list wants you to have more. To me that's a very down the road kind of situation.

Same thing for void wretches, and my guess is, except for maybe a few specific situations (Seishin?), that sentiment applies across the full list of models.

The resser player should probably pick up some hanged, they are great. He might also look at Izamu and Toshiro. Both are VERY tough and hit hard. The former is more of a solo act and brings melee expert and a self heal. Toshiro is a huge support piece (kind of a mini Nocodem) that buffs minions, and can hand out fast, and even summon off of corpse and scrap markers.

The Neverborn player should look into Teddy (a really tough and hard hitting beater), Beckoners (the only way I can think of to get Lure in NB and Lure is amazing), Mr. Graves (Show Ya the Door is one of the best actions out there), Doppleganger (cheat initiative and copy any non-master 1AP ability? Yes please), and Illuminated (only found in the Lynch box, but possibly the best model in the game you can buy for 7 points).

Can't really help on the Tara front. Does the player plan on going Outcast, Resser, or both? Or do they plan on just sticking with Tara (very limited there)?

Lots of guild advice already. I would just add that if the Guild played likes playing Lucius, he should look into Beckoners, Doppleganger, and Mr. Graves as well. They are Neverborn, but also Mimics. This mean that when Lucius takes his Surprisingly Loyal upgrade, he can bring them into a Guild crew, giving them tools they don't normaly have and changing up their  playstyle quite a bit.

Runming Dreamer, Lilith, and Pandy, a Teddy would be a great pick up as all 3 can benefit from his presence (although, Pandy and Dreamer have better synergies with Teddy)

Dreamer is tough right now as many of the models he likes a lot are not in plastic yet. Insidious Madness, Stitched Together, and the Twins (Lelu and Lilthu) are only in metal right now as far as I know. They can be tough to find.

For Lilith, get a Nephilim box. Those Youngs and the Mature are scary, scary beasts in melee.