The Four Horsemen...

daniello_s

Has anyone actually played Levi and his mounted friends?

The list is fairly simple:

Levi

3x Horsemen

Hodgepodge Emissary with proper upgrade

2x Waif

That leaves us with 4SS to be spent (6SS in pool at the moment).

What upgrades would you suggest to take on Levi?

I was thinking for cheap version and get Tally Sheet only or Desolate Soul only.

Crew has 7 activations only but from turn 2 Mechanical Rider can start summoning his friends so that shouldn't be major problem.

I also wonder how Levi and Waifs would keep up the pace with Riders.

Any thoughts guys?

My first thought is that Levi's Waif mechanics really limit the list. The Riders benefit from being hyper mobile but unless you constantly have one of them close to the waifs then the waifs wont be anchored and Levi will just stay buried after dying.

One of my friends and I have played this list multiple times, and we think the best upgrade is Desolate Soul.  Having Abominations running around takes some pressure off the Riders and gives you extra activations.

We've found that keeping the Waifs and Levy close to the Riders isn't terribly difficult unless you're trying to spread out all over the board (in which case, why run this list?). When I play Levy, I tend to have 1 "safe" Waif and one more aggressively placed Waif.  Conveniently, two of the Riders are ranged and can babysit the "safe" Waif, while the other two melee focused Riders can babysit the aggressive Waif.  Levy himself is always mobile since he can teleport to the Waifs at the end of the turn, and remember that they're Undead so are targets for a big teleport from Rebirth.

Overall, I think this list is very solid; you're probably not going to be taking any major tournaments with it, but when played well it can be very difficult to deal with. As long as the Riders don't take crippling damage within the first two turns, they become really insane.  Also, keep in mind that you don't have to sacrifice the Hodgepodge Emissary - you can always keep it in play if you think that it will be more beneficial than the 4th rider.

How do you get the fourth horseman?  Something to do with sacrificing the Hodgepodge Emissary  it seems, but I don't see how that works.

The 0SS Levy specific upgrade for the Hodgepodge Emissary allows it to sacrifice itself on the first turn to summon one of the Riders.

As for keeping up with Riders - I think Hooded ne can tow friendly model with him thanks to his 0 action. True, it can be done from turn 2 but after it should be crazy good.

Also what I found is that Emissary, before committing ritual suicide can give one Trinket to one of the Riders. Reactivation at the last turn can be a game breaker :)

I must not have the last beta PDF's or something.  Aethereal Conflux doesn't have that on the version I have.

Just looked back through my records, and the action appeared on the 2/24/15 update.  Here's the text for that action:

(1) They Gather: Summon a Horseman model

into base contact with this model, then sacrifice

this model. This Action may only be taken on the

first Turn and only if this Crew hired three or more

Horseman models at the start of the game.

The upgrade also lets your hire the three Riders even though you normally wouldn't be able to.

• Like 1

Just looked back through my records, and the action appeared on the 2/24/15 update.  Here's the text for that action:

(1) They Gather: Summon a Horseman model

into base contact with this model, then sacrifice

this model. This Action may only be taken on the

first Turn and only if this Crew hired three or more

Horseman models at the start of the game.

The upgrade also lets your hire the three Riders even though you normally wouldn't be able to.

Thanks, that's very cool.  Definitely not on my version.

Thanks, that's very cool.  Definitely not on my version.

No problem!  Hope you have fun trying out the list!

Another thing I should mention is that Justin said somewhere (maybe during the Beta, can't remember) that the old Avatar models are official proxies for the Emissaries.  So you can use the old Levy Avatar as the Emissary to keep the visual theme.

• Like 3