Upcoming Releases and GenCon

Lucidicide

Is it just me, or have a lot of the faces of recent female minis had a samey look? The concept art for each look unique, but the renders look like slightly tweaked base faces.

Not that I'm not going to purchase waaay too much on my trip to GenCon this year, but some more unique faces would help my drive to paint everything up in a timely manner.

Well, I doubt I'll buy a $45 book just to get official stats for 1 model. Yes, I realize there are other models in the book, but there is only one that I know I want.

Since there aren't any other players in town with me, I doubt I'll be running a Campaign or starting a new crew. I was realy hoping I could just get the card.

I'll pick it up for the fiction alone.  I have found that Wyrd's fluff is really the only fluff for miniature games that I greatly enjoy anymore.  I am also very interested in the campaign rules as I used to run many Necromunda and Mordheim campaigns.  Those styles of games are all gone so I am VERY glad to see Malifaux step into that void.

• Like 2

I think you'll need to make at least 3 orders of $100 so you can get each available pose. :D

Well...since the heads and at least one arm have different options, that's 9 different possibilities, really. Chuck out the option where they're carrying a hat and wearing a hat because that's just silly. That's, well, 800 bucks (and I initially typed that with an f instead of a b, which was probably an indication of my brain rebelling against such a prospect).

I'll probably just get the two so I can have fauxhawk with club by the side and hat with club on shoulder.

• Like 1

Well...since the heads and at least one arm have different options, that's 9 different possibilities, really. Chuck out the option where they're carrying a hat and wearing a hat because that's just silly. That's, well, 800 bucks (and I initially typed that with an f instead of a b, which was probably an indication of my brain rebelling against such a prospect).

I'll probably just get the two so I can have fauxhawk with club by the side and hat with club on shoulder.

I will probably get two as well.  Bowler and club for the Wastrel, and fauxhawk with club on shoulder modded to a katana for a Ronin.

I'm curious what exactly the options are.  What I'm really hoping is that the hat in hand/club in hand hands are separate from the arm option and it might be possible to have a "hat over face" kind of thing by mixing the hat in hand with the club over the shoulder arm.  To be absolutely perfect, I'd really love it if the club could be in the right hand too, but I might just go ahead and try to mod this all up if not.

I'm curious what exactly the options are.  What I'm really hoping is that the hat in hand/club in hand hands are separate from the arm option and it might be possible to have a "hat over face" kind of thing by mixing the hat in hand with the club over the shoulder arm.  To be absolutely perfect, I'd really love it if the club could be in the right hand too, but I might just go ahead and try to mod this all up if not.

Check out the first post and scroll down a bit. They've got 3 renders of her down in the GenCon info section.

Check out the first post and scroll down a bit. They've got 3 renders of her down in the GenCon info section.

Right, but those renders are still different part combinations.  There's no render for hat in hand and hat on head but I suspect it can be done after all.  My question is whether or not the club/hat hand is a separate bit or if its connected to the whole arm.  Things like that determine what kind of options are available.

Chuck out the option where they're carrying a hat and wearing a hat because that's just silly. 

Heresy.

Wearing a hat and carrying a spare is the only way to ensure always having a hat on the dangerous streets of Malifaux.  Do you know how unfashionable it is to not have a hat?

Obviously you're not a gremlin player.  The only thing better than a larger hat is more hats!

:)

• Like 2

I actually might skip it all this year o.o

While I really like the Dark Carnival, I seriously can't see playing Colette. Everything else is coming out at retail eventually, with the only early releases I care about being the Crossroads 7 and the Effigies.  If we had some sprue pics or even the actual assembled models from a few angles, that might change my mind...I guess I'll wait and see :P

Hamelin could be good, but I'd like to get him and the Ratcatchers at the same time...and I'm not seeing that adventure pack on the list, though maybe I'm blind?

Ah well - eagerly awaiting more images XD

Heresy.

Wearing a hat and carrying a spare is the only way to ensure always having a hat on the dangerous streets of Malifaux.  Do you know how unfashionable it is to not have a hat?

Obviously you're not a gremlin player.  The only thing better than a larger hat is more hats!

:)

That´s why Seamus should be Dual faction Gremlins. Or Somer should be able to take the copycat.

I am also very interested in the campaign rules as I used to run many Necromunda and Mordheim campaigns.  Those styles of games are all gone so I am VERY glad to see Malifaux step into that void.

If I had even one other player closer than an hour away, I'd run a campaign. But as it is I spend more of my Malifaux $$$ on Gasoline than on Models. :(