Upcoming Releases and GenCon

Lucidicide

Well, I doubt I'll buy a $45 book just to get official stats for 1 model. Yes, I realize there are other models in the book, but there is only one that I know I want.

Since there aren't any other players in town with me, I doubt I'll be running a Campaign or starting a new crew. I was realy hoping I could just get the card.

Malifaux has arrived

I will only play Crossroads Seven

Honestly, my mind is blown that every Crew box will be available during GenCon, well done Malicrew.

The campaign deck only has campaign cards in it, so no. (Save a few errata cards included for convenience)

I have all previous faction decks, are there new erratas in the campaign deck?

Malifaux has arrived

I will only play Crossroads Seven

Honestly, my mind is blown that every Crew box will be available during GenCon, well done Malicrew.

I have all previous faction decks, are there new erratas in the campaign deck?

Those made since last year, yes.

Does anyone have any info on The Carver?  The only thing I can find is that "he can only be taken in the Night of the Carver story scenario".  I have no doubt that will, or has, changed.  Is he in the Crossroads book?  Shifting Loyalties?  I'm thinking of starting a Neverborn crew (leaning towards the Dreamer) and want to know if I can take The Carver and would he "fit".

It would be *very* cool if Carver could be a normal nightmare Dreamer could use.

OK... do you want the truth... I have my mouse set up for gaming, it's got lots of buttons. The scroll wheel is set up so when you nudge it to the left it presses 6 to change weapon. Right at the last stage of the newsletter I must of accidentally nudged it.. hence the 666...

It's either that or demons....

I have done a thorough cleansing ritual with a rubber chicken just in case.

• Like 8

What is up with Carver? He was said to be scheduled for regular release when he was first up for limited sale during Black Friday last year. And here he is again in a limited sale...

Shenlong's box. The left peasant's head is hilariously oversized. Is this what is called baby steps? Many totems are generally oversized, but it's only part of this guy... Sensei Yu's face looks really weird. After having seen what a mess the Oxfordian Mages' cloaks were I have pretty heavy misgivings about the High Rivers' as well, especially the vaulting guy.

Crossroad Seven. I like the renders better than the art, especially Wrath looks much better as a render. Though I can't understand why Wyrd waste money on the silly ghost things on him. There is just no way to make him look even remotely ok without first exorcising them. Not that important but Lust's bow looks really long in relation to her height.

Hamelin's box. Speaking of silly ghost... That's an enormous blob of plastic that's going to hang of the side of his base. Will it even balance without filling the base with lead? It would make a pretty decent Hungering Darkness though, maybe a bit small, but I'd take that over the sperm any day.

I think WYR09001 would benefit from a more precise name, e.g. "Street lamps".

• Like 1

What is up with Carver? He was said to be scheduled for regular release when he was first up for limited sale during Black Friday last year. And here he is again in a limited sale...

Shenlong's box. The left peasant's head is hilariously oversized. Is this what is called baby steps? Many totems are generally oversized, but it's only part of this guy... Sensei Yu's face looks really weird. After having seen what a mess the Oxfordian Mages' cloaks were I have pretty heavy misgivings about the High Rivers' as well, especially the vaulting guy.

Crossroad Seven. I like the renders better than the art, especially Wrath looks much better as a render. Though I can't understand why Wyrd waste money on the silly ghost things on him. There is just no way to make him look even remotely ok without first exorcising them. Not that important but Lust's bow looks really long in relation to her height.

Hamelin's box. Speaking of silly ghost... That's an enormous blob of plastic that's going to hang of the side of his base. Will it even balance without filling the base with lead? It would make a pretty decent Hungering Darkness though, maybe a bit small, but I'd take that over the sperm any day.

I think WYR09001 would benefit from a more precise name, e.g. "Street lamps".

I'm not sure why but I get the feeling that you're impressed...

• Like 2

On-topic: This looks like a fantastic set of offerings - I am personally really excited to see Shenlong and the Lone Swordsman, and am super-pleased that all the crew boxes will now be out in plastic.

Off-topic: I have the mind of a 12-year-old. Unfortunate placement of the Lucky Effigy's "paint splatter" combined with his pose...

Lucky.png

• Like 3

Question on Campaign deck. If I am planning to run a campaign would each player need a campaign deck? I understand having the book makes it possible to not need the deck, but what I'm more specifically asking is... Does the campaign deck support just 1 person in a campaign, or can it support multiple. If the latter, than how many?

The situation I see is I own the book, and if I need to tell X number of players to just buy the deck is more manageable for some of my players $-wise.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Aaron, my wallet hates you.

Internal Monolog

I just need to remember only spend a 100 the rest can come latter....

THE REST CAN COME LATTER!!

Ok so 150 is not so bad, that still a lot left for other things and the LGS.

NO!!! THE REST CAN COME LATTER!!!

But

NO!!!

Fine be that way, see if I buy you anything.

GET THE CROSSROAD 7!

But that 60 out of my 100 and the books are 45 each.

DO NOT CARE DO IT AND STAY IN BUDGET!

*ahem* my internal voice yells a lot at me when it comes to something like this.

Making my pre-Gen Con shopping list and working to divide it up into individual purchases of just over $100 to help out your awesome team at Gen Con. Just making sure I'm reading this correctly "For each order of $100 or more before taxes and shipping, placed during the period of Gen Con, you will receive one Miss Anne Thrope. Miss Anne Thrope comes with alternative heads and arms."

So if the total for a purchase hits exactly $100 (say for example a purchase of the Smoke and Mirrors Box for $50 and a Master of Puppets box for $50), that would qualify for a Miss Anne Thrope model?