Upcoming Releases and GenCon

Lucidicide

Have to add to the 'too expensive' group. I was super excited for that crew, as was a friend who is a huge Alice Cooper fan and was likely going to use that box as his first foray into Malifaux. But that's $120au before shipping. That's a bit rich for my blood, but hopefully he still gets it.

I was planning to just grab that and hope the hanging trees make another appearance, but I might just grab Mah Tucket and make up the boxes to get the Miss model.

It's about the expected cost honestly. The nightmare Tara Crew was that price. The nightmare crews, as Nathan explained, are always a premium price. The only reason I got a Nightmare Tara is that years before I bought an extra Dead Justice and traded it for her box. 

Not a lot I want this year, but at least I have enough to get a new belle added to the roster. Miss Anne Thrope has a date with Sebastian Baker, Dream Maker.

• Like 1

So much goodness here.  Nathan do you accept kidneys as payment?  I mean I only need one right?

Or maybe I could sell other peoples' kidneys...

Yes, Nathan does accept kidneys, but you may want to keep your second kidney, since I've already sold your first kidney (and both of mine, he runs a hard bargain) to him to fund Gencon '15.

• Like 1

Yes, Nathan does accept kidneys, but you may want to keep your second kidney, since I've already sold your first kidney (and both of mine, he runs a hard bargain) to him to fund Gencon '15.

I thought it was a little strange when I woke up in a tub of ice this morning... ;)

Also, off the top of my head, with the crew boxes being released at GenCon, it's possible to have all the masters in plastic now right?  I might be missing some since I don't have my books on me.

I thought it was a little strange when I woke up in a tub of ice this morning... ;)

Also, off the top of my head, with the crew boxes being released at GenCon, it's possible to have all the masters in plastic now right?  I might be missing some since I don't have my books on me.

Yes, as of Gencon '15, all of the Book 1 and 2 Masters will be available in plastic.  No known Book 3 masters, so yeah, Wyrd will be caught up, with just add-on (non-crew box) models waiting for release.

Ummm, Yes?

The models' rules were all public knowledge during the last open beta. Ask around someone might have the last open beta rules they could send to you. Conversely look back at some of the Monday Previews, I forget which one it was but Lust was previewed in it, she's the TT violinist.

@Cat's: Master wise they will be caught up, not model range though, there are still many missing models in plastic, a good chunk of the Resser Kirai Spirit's for instance.

@Cat's: Master wise they will be caught up, not model range though, there are still many missing models in plastic, a good chunk of the Resser Kirai Spirit's for instance.

They did at least get Gaki in.  That's not nothing.  Time for Gaki to take a spin with the other Masters I guess.

• Like 1

That's what I meant with the add-ons comment, though I could have been more clear.

Did they finally catch up on Book 1?  I recall a few (non-brewmaster crew box) models were outstanding until recently.

That's what I meant with the add-ons comment, though I could have been more clear.

Did they finally catch up on Book 1?  I recall a few (non-brewmaster crew box) models were outstanding until recently.

I believe that the Peacekeeper and Austringers are still waiting to be released, they are on that list to be available in the next month or two though.  I think those releases wrap up book 1.

Does anyone have any info on The Carver?  The only thing I can find is that "he can only be taken in the Night of the Carver story scenario".  I have no doubt that will, or has, changed.  Is he in the Crossroads book?  Shifting Loyalties?  I'm thinking of starting a Neverborn crew (leaning towards the Dreamer) and want to know if I can take The Carver and would he "fit".

Ummm, unless they changed things, which I doubt, you basically have it. He's a model for Painting, Proxying, or primarily using in the Night of the carver Scenario. He isn't to my knowledge a basic Neverborn model. You can find his stats at the back of the Crossroads book. He's been a pretty popular model for the last few special sales, so I'm not surprised he is going on General sale.

I of course could be wrong.

$90 for dark carnival just broke my heart. They look so amazing but are just too far out of my price range at this point. I thought it may be $60 and I understand the reasons why it's more expensive but still gutted.

I feel you pain. I know why they are that expensive, but I already have metal Colette, and plan to get plastic and just can't quite justify $90 for a 3rd set. NM Tara I was getting instead of regular tara, plus was part of a trade so it was a lot easier to swallow, but for the 3rd set of the same thing...

I doubt they will have trouble moving them, I was just hoping it would be cheap enough to get me on board.

• Like 1

The more I look at the Crossroads Seven, the more I think Collette can wait until my birthday. Besides, I haven't even got the chance to use Brewmaster and Ophelia. So, with the Gremlin Masters being released at GenCon, I'll have a bunch to tie me over.

Envy. I loved his model immeditely. Now, I can see he has an amazing 'stache? Hell yeah!

Wrath look a lot better in the render than the art. He looks angry. I guess his art has his head lifted a little more that makes it look like he's in pain.

I like the scenerios! I don't know what they are, but I like more scenerios!

Of course, this means the Starter Pack will go on my list of "must get eventually."

• Like 2

I have a question about the decks...

About Generalist Upgrade Deck... Does it have just the general upgrades in the books? I mean, are there new upgrades?

About Campaign Deck... I guess info in the cards will be in the book too, won't they?

I have a question about the decks...

About Generalist Upgrade Deck... Does it have just the general upgrades in the books? I mean, are there new upgrades?

About Campaign Deck... I guess info in the cards will be in the book too, won't they?

Generalist deck is all upgrades from the books, correct.

For the campaign deck, the rules for the cards are included in a table in the book, but the cards make using them infinitely easier.

Also about the Campaign Deck. Are the additional models that aren't avatars going to be tournament legal?

I'll buy the deck as long as Winged Plague will be legal in standard tournaments.

The campaign deck only has campaign cards in it, so no. (Save a few errata cards included for convenience)

But the Shifting Loyalties book does have some tournament legal models.