Lucidicide

July 13th - Brotherhood of the Rat

6 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Ah, true. Those are a bit of a special case in that they "should" looks rather alike due to fluff so it isn't as annoying as with the rats. Still, I can forgive them for the rats as making all that many unique sculpts of them might be seen as taxing (plus, I will be proxying Rats with ArcWorlde rats anyway) but identical Rat Kings is really a big bummer.

I was a bit disappointed by all 4 clockwork traps being the same sculpt; I'd be way more bummed if I was a Hamelin player right now. Models looking different/matching their card art is the best way to keep track of who has gone and who hasn't; when dealing with a million little things summoning, dying, reactivating, etc like Hamelin et al tend to do, it seems that being able to easily track what models have activated would be doubly important.

• Like 1

I'm getting my Brotherhood box this Saturday, but since I'm planning on putting all of my Hamelin figures on clear 1.5mm thick bases (so I get to see the rats scurry over the terrain), the rats camping on the rocks won't be making the cut.  

So I'll have 9 rats that I'm using.  I hope that will be enough.  

Speaking of "being enough", is 2 Rat Kings enough Rat Kings? 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2015 at 3:05 PM, Tinweasel said:

They said they're not in stock with their "distributors" yet, but there's one box reserved when it comes in. I dunno.

I'm not bothered by ordering through the store, because it's a good place run by decent folk and some of our little group play Malifaux up there weekly (4 of us playing and a new guy with a Latigo box watching on Saturday). By the same token I'm a little disappointed, because I could've paid full price to Wyrd during Black Friday just like I paid full price to my FLGS and I could've been at least trying out Hamelin with all his synergy themed models now. Oh well.

Typically, a brick and mortar store will place orders with a distributor for how much of whatever product they wish to place on their shelves. Once a distributor receives said product (my understanding is typically prior to the release date), then they hold onto the product until the release date hits. Once a product has hit this release date, then it is "released" to the brick and mortar stores. Now, and this is understandably confusing, a release date doesn't mean that the product is on the shelves. Stores are not supposed to put product on their shelves until the "street date". That is the date they are allowed to start selling said product.

There are a lot of things (primarily in the production/overseas shipping side) that can delay product from being on the shelves at your store on the street date. Probably too many to list here. As someone who deals with some of the larger distributors, please try not to take out too many of your frustrations on your retail staff. They are at the mercy of when the product actually arrives before they can even do anything. All they can do is check to see if the product has been shipped by the distributors and not much else. If they are a store that actually takes preorders and orders accordingly, then that sounds like a pretty, damn fine store.

• Like 1

On January 6, 2016 at 6:55 PM, BewareTheYalcrab said:

There are a lot of things (primarily in the production/overseas shipping side) that can delay product from being on the shelves at your store on the street date. Probably too many to list here. As someone who deals with some of the larger distributors, please try not to take out too many of your frustrations on your retail staff. They are at the mercy of when the product actually arrives before they can even do anything. All they can do is check to see if the product has been shipped by the distributors and not much else. If they are a store that actually takes preorders and orders accordingly, then that sounds like a pretty, damn fine store.

Yeah, the owners don't actually stock Malifaux (yet) but carry some other miniature-esque games (X-Wing) and have been very supportive/interested in our little group of Malifaux players to where they're going to ideally start carrying an entry-level area. I ordered The Brotherhood of the Rat box through them for the sake of "supporting the FLGS", since it wasn't an item necessarily wanted immediately but eventually since I'm still getting the game down.

Now I see that the box is available on places like The Warstore and Miniature Market (sold out!) but still no dice as to arriving at my local. I'm beginning to wonder WTF since the advertised availability (by online sites) was December 18th and it's now early January. Folks in Australia have it, people who ordered it for Black Friday have it, and I'm sitting here with a case of mild envy and wondering if I should start to work on The Plague Cometh and the old metal Hamelin models I bought last year.

One nice thing I've discovered is that the one old metal Stolen boy with the bandana makes an excellent Iggy proxy, so at least there's that. (Since I can only have 3 Stolen and I now own six...)

On 1/9/2016 at 6:14 AM, Nathan Caroland said:

They got them.

My local game store said just a few days ago that their distributor still has 'Brotherhood of the Rat' listed as a PreOrder.   :(

• Like 1

My last two games have been against people who got their Brotherhood boxes and now I would like to ask you guys to unship them, of that is possible.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, tomjoad said:

My last two games have been against people who got their Brotherhood boxes and now I would like to ask you guys to unship them, of that is possible.

Yay! :D

FWIW, I am now a happy owner of a Brotherhood of the Rat box, as of this past Saturday. I don't know which distributor my FLGS uses/used to order Wyrd product (although I can find out).

• Like 1