July 13th - Brotherhood of the Rat

Lucidicide

Woh woh woh... what happened to all this "no more story encounters" stuff I may or may not have heard on a podcast some time ago, Mister Justin Lola Gibbs? >8)

Love it! Count me in.

Nothing I ever said.

Could have been, "no plans to do any for the foreseeable future," depending on how old the podcast is.

Nothing I ever said.

Could have been, "no plans to do any for the foreseeable future," depending on how old the podcast is.

Ah careful wording, then. Sneaky sneaky. I'll have to be extra sensitive and take what is said very literally from now on. :)

In any case, I am very pleased and have many ideas of what to do with this so called "Brotherhood" :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been thinking...

Most people who will buy Spawn Mother will want probably 3 Gupps as well, right?

Metal Spawn Mother costs 35 USD, which would theoretically make the plastic one 40 USD. According to plastic Riders prices, that are 1,17 times the prices of metal ones. 35 * 1,17 is 41 USD, but common price is 40 USD.

Metal Gupps cost 18 USD, but plastic Hoarcat Pride (another 40 mm Spawn model) costs 16 USD - theoretically 16, 18 or 21 USD (which are all common prices of Malifaux models).

That is between 88 and 103 USD for Spawn Mother and 3 Gupps.

I think, that Story Encounter would be a nice solution here. Spawn single Mother Story Encounter box, hm?

I have been thinking...

Most people who will buy Spawn Mother will want probably 3 Gupps as well, right?

Metal Spawn Mother costs 35 USD, which would theoretically make the plastic one 40 USD. According to plastic Riders prices, that are 1,17 times the prices of metal ones. 35 * 1,17 is 41 USD, but common price is 40 USD.

Metal Gupps cost 18 USD, but plastic Hoarcat Pride (another 40 mm Spawn model) costs 16 USD - theoretically 16, 18 or 21 USD (which are all common prices of Malifaux models).

That is between 88 and 103 USD for Spawn Mother and 3 Gupps.

I think, that Story Encounter would be a nice solution here. Spawn single Mother Story Encounter box, hm?

I would imagine if it was done as 1 box you would get ity all on 1 sprue, making it cheaper than that

I would imagine if it was done as 1 box you would get ity all on 1 sprue, making it cheaper than that

Hopefully this would be the case.

Then again it could be released as spawn mother separately and gupps in the same way as hoarcats making it quite expensive.

As a Hamelin Player with a full set of metals I'm not seeing a lot of the new models that stand out as auto buys.

The new sculpt of Hamelin and The Wretch are less than thrilling to me.

The new Hamelin is too energetic (and ?the spirit host?), and the new wretch looks to happy (and ?the 'do rag?).

I can't tell enough from the renders, but Nix looks a lot like the metal and I would be happy with him IF I was switching to plastic.

New Ratcatchers look enough like the old ones to be good in a plastic crew, but also not be an auto buy.

I am rather fond of the new Stolen girl and her Rat Snack. But the new boys are also very similar to the old metal.

I'm not quite clear, Are there 3 or 4 new plastic Rats? Either way, 1 full set of their sculpts would add variety to my metals. (Also, theyre just too cute.)

The Rat Kings are very interesting, 1 of them might be cool as an addition to my metal homebrews, but they're a little out of theme.

(Someone above mentioned painting one as a King In Yellow model. I might pick one up for that, it's a brilliant idea, thanks.)

I'm a little disapointed that there isn't a card coming to GenCon for "Winged Plague" that was in the Wave 3 Beta Test.

[i'm also a bit frightened that the Malifaux Rats will be in several bits, with the tails being seperate and very difficult to handle]