Useful last blossom models

Abbazabba

I feel I should point out that you don't need Misaki for any Last Blossom shenanigans other than Infiltration. Smoke and Shadows can be (and usually is) attached to one of the Henchpeople of the sub-faction, so you could perfectly easily have McCabe with his Badge of Speed as well as Smoke and Shadows tricks in the same crew.

Smoke & Shadows requires the model to be a Last Blossom, so McCabe can't use it. Outcast Yamaziko with Smoke & Shadows and Scramble create be a positioning nightmare for the opponent.

Smoke & Shadows requires the model to be a Last Blossom, so McCabe can't use it. Outcast Yamaziko with Smoke & Shadows and Scramble create be a positioning nightmare for the opponent.

Well, the intent isn´t that McCabe is packing the upgrade himself (he has bigger fish to fry), but you can bring Yamaziko with Smoke and Shadows and a jurogomo. It´s a whole other animal if it´s worth it though.

For funsies, my last game in the wave 3 beta was a Misaki game packing two Jorogumo in it for heavy hitting, and it did *very* well. The Jorogumo are definitely discount beaters, but thanks to Eat Your Fill, they are nightmares if they can repeatedly isolate and eat enemies. I had a dedicated Torakage specifically to throw a smoke wall up between them and any guns the enemy had, and now they can do it themselves. Not to mention that six inch placement with Shadow Stride is *huge*.

As a fun thought exercise, think about your favorite crew on the board versus a Misaki crew with a Jorogumo that has just jumped off the table in the first few activations. Now think about the places that it could pop up at the end of turn where it could be relevant and you couldn't reasonably kill it. Can you cover all of those places and still move towards VPs? Because if you leave even one, the TT player is going to be able to put the Jorogumo there.

For funsies, my last game in the wave 3 beta was a Misaki game packing two Jorogumo in it for heavy hitting, and it did *very* well. The Jorogumo are definitely discount beaters, but thanks to Eat Your Fill, they are nightmares if they can repeatedly isolate and eat enemies. I had a dedicated Torakage specifically to throw a smoke wall up between them and any guns the enemy had, and now they can do it themselves. Not to mention that six inch placement with Shadow Stride is *huge*.

As a fun thought exercise, think about your favorite crew on the board versus a Misaki crew with a Jorogumo that has just jumped off the table in the first few activations. Now think about the places that it could pop up at the end of turn where it could be relevant and you couldn't reasonably kill it. Can you cover all of those places and still move towards VPs? Because if you leave even one, the TT player is going to be able to put the Jorogumo there.

So yeah it sounds pretty bad. :D 

GodDAMMIT, stop giving away my tech!

That's what I get for evil cackling for the last two days...

The last time I fielded all 3 of my Torakage was probably the 2nd or 3rd time I played Misaki's crew box (and obviously only out of necessity). Having 2 of each would be fine, and for various reasons. Torakage are your fastest stock minions and are great at solo'ing other minions, so having all 3 of them wouldn't be that bad. I've never used more than 2 Oiran, but I find that 2 are pretty good together. With 2 moving up the board together, they provide a nice bubble of +1 WP, and with "Hidden Agenda" on the right model, they can be pretty nasty.

Very interested in seeing how Jorogumo pans out.

Why Yamaziko? 

NIMBLE. She can walk up to 12" per turn. Smoke & Shadows drops Last Blossoms 6" from any Last Blossom model. Do you like to place models 18" from where they started? Every Vanished Last Blossom adds 6" (closer to 7" if you take base size into account) to the chain.

And at the end of the chain is giant spider.

• Like 3

NIMBLE. She can walk up to 12" per turn. Smoke & Shadows drops Last Blossoms 6" from any Last Blossom model. Do you like to place models 18" from where they started? Every Vanished Last Blossom adds 6" (closer to 7" if you take base size into account) to the chain.

And at the end of the chain is giant spider.

Oh, yeah...my main reason was that she is just cheaper than lousy Ototo, but her speed is a big game, too.

Also, does Smoke and Shadows require the model to unbury within 6" of a Last Blossom model? I thought it was any friendly model?

Oh, yeah...my main reason was that she is just cheaper than lousy Ototo, but her speed is a big game, too.

Also, does Smoke and Shadows require the model to unbury within 6" of a Last Blossom model? I thought it was any friendly model?

You are correct. Last Blossoms just have the best mobility and I am biased in this scenario.

Yamaziko is a nice budget choice though you have to treat her like if she was made of porcelain and unless you really expect to be facing a very Wp heavy enemy crew (where she excels at), then you really need a few models to get mileage out of Smoke and Shadows and be conservative with her placement to not loose her to a few stray shots. As stated, she is absurdly mobile, her 0 action is pure hatefilled gold and once in a blue moon, that hand discard action can be a killer, but her defenses are incredibly bipolar and although her damage track and trigger are amazing for her cost, that low Ml has failed me more than once.

The few (very few) times I've successfully managed to pull off her discard trick, the look on my opponent's face has made it so worth it. Made Molly discard 4 cards one time and next turn she just decided she wanted absolutely nothing more to do with Yamaziko and, with Sybelle's help, ran half the distance of the board away in terror, screaming "no, my precious summons!"

It would be a fantastic incentive for your opponent to declare as many schemes as possible, if more opponents knew she could do it (it's almost always a surprise, IMO).

Yamaziko is easily one of my favourite Henchmen, mostly for the reasons Razhem mentions. Ototo can be made to work, if you can give him nimble (McCabe), Fast (Sensei Yu) or armour (Yan Lo), but you have to devote a lot of secondary resources into making him the monster he can be. Yamaziko slots into any crew you want some teleporting ninjas to be added to and adds value.

I pointed out in another thread (mainly about Yamaziko, IIRC) that she's an excellent objective runner for TT. There aren't many TT Henchmen that generate 3 AP, and even though she's as fast as the Torakage (in total distance, anyway), having the choices to use the AP as you see fit is nice.

Well she has Nimble so the choice between AP isn't all that up to you. :P

Well she has Nimble so the choice between AP isn't all that up to you. :P

lol, true enough. But having an extra AP just walk is better than not having it. I'm generally in favor of any option that gives/allows for more activations and AP.  She could single-handedly accomplish "Line in the Sand" in a turn, if she had to.

#lovemyyamaziko :D

lol, true enough. But having an extra AP just walk is better than not having it. I'm generally in favor of any option that gives/allows for more activations and AP. She could single-handedly accomplish "Line in the Sand" in a turn, if she had to.

#lovemyyamaziko :D

No she could not.

• Like 1