Useful last blossom models

Abbazabba

So, I'm painting up some of the misaki folks and am just curious: what is a reasonable amount of torakage and oiran to paint up? Gimmicky crews aside, would you ever in a tournament environment take more than two of either? I don't have the experience with her native crew, so am just looking for some experiential knowledge from the community. Thanks in advance! I've already elected to skip out on ottoto for the time as Izamu is already painted and seems much stronger in most situations. I'm not a power gamer, by any means, but he doesn't seem worth his points.

Torkage I HAVE run three before... but with all the new Monks, it is tough to justify taking 3, even in a "fluffy" list.

as for Oiran, I think I have only taken ONE at a time. I like the models, but 3 seems too much. I ended up giving one away to a friend, and my third one has disappeared. I've never found myself wishing I had more than one.

As for Ototo, I use him a good bit, I find Yamaziko usually works out for me a little better. However, I do have Ototo lead crews in smaller games quite a bit. he is good for that.

• Like 1

Excellent. Should cut some noticeable painting time off! Just need to do a few non master specific ten thunders after brewmaster and I'll be up to date with the whole faction! Happy days! Then I'll try my hand at speed painting whatever the next faction is. Love my 10 T's, though! Like playing even more, though. It's just hard getting into all these different masters and factions when one can only play a game or two a week....

Justin mentioned on the last Fools Daily that Jorogumo are Last Blossom models. One of the few changes from the play test. I personally hope he really put that through the internal ringer, as to me it looks crazy good.

Was it a minion?

3/4/6 dmg line with triggers to get positive flips, and a 0 attack action as well. 8 wounds, Hard to wound, hard to kill, and has eat your fill as well.

Combine with all the ways TT has to give free focus.

Seems a wee bit too good to me, but time will tell.

And Last Blossom teleport now then? Whoosah. That might hurt a lot. 

With Hidden Agenda, it can often be useful to take more than one Oiran. I've played games with 3 before, since fast, focussed minions with 5/8 moves, disguised, a lure and a WP bonus bubble, as well as the Smoke and Shadows abilities, are actually pretty good for 5 stones each. It's very situational, though, because they are fairly fragile; against melee-heavy crews or ones that target WP, though, they can be great. I'd recommend giving two a try at some point, with Hidden Agenda (stick it on a ranged model for maximum effectiveness - Fuhatsu is decent for it, as is a mercenary Hans).

I had heard about there being another Last Blossom model, I didn't know it was going to be the Jorugomo, though. If it hasn't changed much then it's an absolute beast. Shame about the 5/5 attack values, but the damage track is awesome and the (0) attack is pretty great too. TT Brewie will love that +3 Poison trigger on it, too.

• Like 1

I did NOT expect the Jurogomo to get the Last Blossom treatment. Agh, crap, it seemed to be in a pretty good spot, but with teleportenigans things might get crazy... Well, it´s still sacking it´s activation to reposition and it certainly won´t bother dropping smoke, but interesting nonetheless. At least this is looking at it from a Misaki perspective, there it frankly seems fine. With McCabe though... that reactivate can sign a lot of songs... did reactivate get lost if it was not used at the end of the turn or would it go to the next? Since the jurogomo would be crapped out after turn ends and so no reactivate for it, or maybe it just doesn´t work as an interaction and I´m getting giddy for no reason.

I think the 5/5 attack values are more than enough for it. :P

They're not bad per se, but for one stone more I could take a Dawn Serpent with 7/7 values.

That said, the Dawn Serpent isn't able to use Smoke and Shadows, doesn't have a (0) attack that ignores armour, doesn't have weak 3 on its main melee attack, or reach 3 for that matter.

Oh, and it can't be infiltrated into an Outcasts crew.

I have to admit, it's a scary, scary model to have appear next to something from being buried.

*disclaimer; that is, if nothing about it has changed since the beta. The Shadow Emissary and Lust both have lots of changes on their cards in the previews, so it could be vastly different. Yet another reason to look forward to Shifting Loyalties :D

I'm thinking hes giong to be a good model for Misaki & McCabe. Misaki for Last Blossom shenanigans, and McCabe in combo w/Dawn Serpent for more Minion reactivation potential. Personally I may start to reactivate one, and hand out nimble to the other.

• Like 1

I'm thinking hes giong to be a good model for Misaki & McCabe. Misaki for Last Blossom shenanigans, and McCabe in combo w/Dawn Serpent for more Minion reactivation potential. Personally I may start to reactivate one, and hand out nimble to the other.

I feel I should point out that you don't need Misaki for any Last Blossom shenanigans other than Infiltration. Smoke and Shadows can be (and usually is) attached to one of the Henchpeople of the sub-faction, so you could perfectly easily have McCabe with his Badge of Speed as well as Smoke and Shadows tricks in the same crew.

• Like 1