Through the Breach One Shots

Lucidicide

Wyrdos,

I'm pleased to announce a new product line within Through the Breach: Penny Dreadful One Shots! These are single session adventures, many of which include pre-generated characters, designed to be picked up and played quickly.

We believe these One Shots will be easy for Fatemasters to pick up and play on a whim, allowing players to more easily get into Through the Breach. Never run a game before? These are a great way to start!

These Penny Dreadful One Shots are only available on DriveThruRPG for $5 a download. Come check out our storefront here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/5162/Wyrd-Miniatures

Recruitment%20Drive%20Cover.jpg

The two adventures we currently have available are:

• Recruitment Drive - Professor Albus Von Schtook is looking for new students to enroll in his University of Transmortis. In the dark of the night, his students - twisted abominations of mechanical engineering and the darkest necromancy - crawl up from the sewers, seeking unsuspecting victims to drag back to their subterranean classrooms.
  • In the Gutter - In the Gutter takes players into the Quarantine Zone as they try to scrape together enough money to pull themselves out of poverty. Of course, nothing is quite what it seems.

In%20the%20Gutter%20Cover.jpg

• Like 6

Skimmed both books. They are quite good products, and I was surprised by the size and quality for short one-shots. Both scenarios are good introductions to the setting, although In The Gutter has somewhat more restrictive character prerequisites.

There wasn't much new artwork, but that's understandable. The one thing I missed were illustrations for the pre-generated characters. Especially new players can often identify with a character much faster if it's illustrated.

Good products after all. Would buy similar ones again.

Bought both adventures and am looking forward to running them. I do have one formatting suggestion for future one-shots, though:

The Recruitment Drive character sheets for casters list all the individual spells with their details, as well as each of the Immuto and what they do, e.g.: 

Recruitment.png

In the Gutter, on the other hand, just gives the spell and Immuto names, without any details:

Gutter.png

Obviously, the first format is much more friendly for new players; when I run In the Gutter, my spellcasters will need a separate reference page for their spells and what they do. It's not a huge effort, but does somewhat defeat the point of having a simple adventure that I can pick up and run.

• Like 1

The reason why they're different is because Recruitment Drive was written for Free RPG Day, which came with quick-start rules on how the game works. Rather than put quick-start rules for Immuto in the rules, we just worked them into the stat blocks like you can see above.

With In the Gutter, we just listed the name of the Immuto, since people will need the Fated Almanac to play anyways.

That being said, if people like the expanded format, I'll keep that in mind for future adventures. :)

• 1 month later...