New To Gremlins need Help

Lamo

So Guys...I'm looking to play gremlins but I do have a few questions. (I'm pretty much a total noob as I only played like 2 games of first edition and haven't played since then)

1) If I bring them to a tournament will I feel on equal footing as other factions or are other factions more powerful

2) What else should I buy? I got a nice lot of models on bartertown. I have:

Killjoy 

Sommer 

8x Bayou Gremlin 

2x Slop Haulers 

Pigapult 

2x Skeeters 

8x pigs 

3x stuffed pigs

1x War Pig 

1x Mctavish 

1x Zoroida 

1x Voodoo doll

Ophelia 

Raphael 

Francois 

Rami 

Peire 

taxidermist 

3x Young Gremlins

3) From my understanding of the game many people choose two or three in faction casters and use them to balance out their choices. Would Brewmaster, Wong or Ulix be better to cover flaws for Ophelia and Sommer. 

4) is there a thread or something that breaks down the scenarios and schemes and what master / units tend to play better for each? 

Sorry for bombarding you guys with questing but I appreciate all the help I can get :D

Well, Zoraida manages to cover any weaknesses Ophelia and Som'er have, so mostly I'd recommend getting up to speed on the models you have. Very few things in this game work the first (few) times you put them on the table so keep playing with them, remember everything they can do. Then figure out what (if anything) you're still struggling with.

ad 1. On the contrary. Gremlins are pretty strong, although I won't say they are stronger than other factions. Yet.

ad 2. Nice selection. I would get Merris, Gracie and Burt.

ad 3. Difficult to say. Somer is so insanely flexible, it all depends on your style with him. They all are good fits, I suppose. You forgot Zoraida, as mentioned.

ad 4. There is THIS. Not 100% what you are looking for, but a start.

• Like 1

since there is still a lot of models yet to be released it's pretty much: If it's available in plastic it's worth picking up. 

Also, I noticed Lenny isnt in your list. The only ways to get him are the Somer box set, or find a second hand copy (either metal or plastic) somewhere. Lenny is pretty not bad. 

Guiness is good. But Heineken? Those are fighting words.

DUDE! Heineken quadrupel?? Dark gold brown? Not the fizzy watery shit of the green bottle.

Get it in Holland or Belgium and you'll understand why they dont export any of that - it's so good that they want it all themselves.

it's sweet, and with a crisp grainy accent to it - almost tastes of sweet bread! 4X the alchool!

i'm telling you, Red joker involved.

and why would you want a dead Dothraky to come at me?

Drogo or not, he dead!

I hear Guild can out-do gremlins at most things. ;)

1. Lenny is amazing.

2. Low-carb strawberry beer sounds terribad.

3. Now, maybe you don't like the play style, but getting a control-master like Zoraida or Brewie can expand your options.

• Like 1

DUDE! Heineken quadrupel?? Dark gold brown? Not the fizzy watery shit of the green bottle.

Get it in Holland or Belgium and you'll understand why they dont export any of that - it's so good that they want it all themselves.

it's sweet, and with a crisp grainy accent to it - almost tastes of sweet bread! 4X the alchool!

i'm telling you, Red joker involved.

Don't need to go to the Netherlands (our Dutch friend PD asked us to not call it Holland) to get the stuff. It still got nothing on some Augustiner Helles, but we should continue the beer discussion somewhere more appropriate. The Off Topic Playground has great food discussions.

• Like 1

Hey thanks for all the replies. I'm going to a tournament to get some experience playing and I was thinking about this as a base.

Somer

+family tree

Skeeter

2x Bayou Gremlin

2x slop hauler

Lenny

+ I'll love it and pet it

Gracie

+sadel

Trixiebell

That's 49 stones letting me take Trixie gun, liquid bravery, or just have another stone.

I know most people say this game is about adjusting lists ect... But having only played a few games I feel like a list like this one would be useful due to its flexibility.

First turn through the use of trixies pulls on long charge range models(somer & slop haulers) and alternating Gracie sadel targets the whole crew can move up about 8 inches while still having Lenny and somer summon 14 points onto the table. Also having both slop haulers let's me fully heal Gracie Trixie the piglets and the Bayou gremlins. Also having two gives a little insurance incase one kicks the bucket early.

I feel like somer has some very powerful support due to how powerful trigger control is in gremlins as well as his ability to set up a strong board presence and then follow up with pretty huge damage.

If you have any recommendations I'd appreciate it.