New To Gremlins need Help

Lamo

You can also use one Slop Hauler offensively and one defensively. They are really good at debuffing and killing stuff too. That df4 debuff makes Som'er's gun so much more scary. 

Yeah thats more or less what I was thinking. If Somer is the main support piece then the slop haulers are just behind him. Not only is the slop great for Somer but Bayou Gremlins and Piglets hitting on even cards is very scary. Especially when you take bayou two card into consideration late turn. To be honest for 5 points taking the limit at least with somer feels right. 

One question about lightning bugs. When lenny is in the crew aren't they just extremely strong aoe healers? Cast on lenny (or someone within 3 of him) with do it like this up for mask (you need it anyway for somer summoning) and then you have 6 full health bayou gremlins for one action and one health. 

One question about lightning bugs. When lenny is in the crew aren't they just extremely strong aoe healers? Cast on lenny (or someone within 3 of him) with do it like this up for mask (you need it anyway for somer summoning) and then you have 6 full health bayou gremlins for one action and one health. 

I didn't quite understand this? 

I think your list is sound, but is there anything you really want to cart around with Gracie's saddle?

Because if you pull them out of range of each other, they cannot use the Slop's healing and Mr Jones sounds more interesting on shooting than close combat.

Unless you are pulling trixiebell around the board to make her use her "Hello, Sailor" (gremlin lure) and pull gremlins up the table towards her.

Seems interesting on only a couple of schemes, but she dies likes nobody's business so watch out fer it.

Lightning Bugs have, on their Blasty Stick, this trigger:

:mask Yippie!: After damaging, all models within :pulse 3 of the target except this model heal 2 damage.

So if you have the Masks on from Do it Like Dis for Somer's summoning, you can blast someone near Lenny, do only one damage and heal all the other models around. This way they can sub for Slop Haulers in a way.

Lightning Bugs have, on their Blasty Stick, this trigger:

:mask Yippie!: After damaging, all models within :pulse 3 of the target except this model heal 2 damage.

So if you have the Masks on from Do it Like Dis for Somer's summoning, you can blast someone near Lenny, do only one damage and heal all the other models around. This way they can sub for Slop Haulers in a way.

Ah thank you for clarifying. That is a nifty trick actually. It's a solid 2 heal as well instead of flipping for slop hauler heals.

Set up

1) Somer goes and casts do it like this for mask. Then Somer makes three bayou gremlins within three inches of lenny.

2) cast magic blasty stick on lenny using the mask trigger from do it like this. Relent and with a double negative flip you take one damage most of the time (lenny's pseudo armor isn't ignored)

3) Profit.... for one action you just healed 6 Gremlins a total of 12 wounds and did one damage to lenny. Also if you prefer the damage to be on a less valuable model you can cast it again and basically move the one point of damage from lenny to a bayou gremlin.

I feel like this heal is valuable because it lets you take (for the situation) stronger healing but still have the anti armor, incorporeal and all the lightning bug advantages. This also costs no resources because there isn't a TN and 95% of the time summoner somer is going to cast do it like this for mask. This combo could get even stronger with encouragement on sammy allowing somer a positive twist on his summoning (and shooting later) at almost no cost since the damage will be healed up when healing the bayou gremlins. The healing is also potentially way stronger than that of a slop hauler since you could have two bayou next to lenny and alternate casting magic stick on them and basically healing lenny and any other models around them for 6 and leaving one with 1 wound.  Lastly this is a ranged heal bubble that can be cast from a total of 18 inches away vs the 7 inch heal range of slop haulers (relentless walk + walk + cast magic blasty stick vs relentless walk + heal).

I think your list is sound, but is there anything you really want to cart around with Gracie's saddle?

Because if you pull them out of range of each other, they cannot use the Slop's healing and Mr Jones sounds more interesting on shooting than close combat.

Unless you are pulling trixiebell around the board to make her use her "Hello, Sailor" (gremlin lure) and pull gremlins up the table towards her.

Seems interesting on only a couple of schemes, but she dies likes nobody's business so watch out fer it.

This is how I was think of using the set up 

Assuming a simple set up like this:

Screen_Shot_2015_07_15_at_9_41_11_AM.png

Basic game plan turn 1 

1) Use somer to make some gremlins
2) Heal bayou gremlins with a slop hauler
3) waste some activations setting up bayou gremlins and the skeeter (use do it like this for tombs )
this leaves you at 7 activations already

3) use gracie walk as far forward as you can staying within two inches of trixie and place lenny to the left or right forward side of gracie. Then move again placing trixie afterward. and do reactivate.
example:
Screen_Shot_2015_07_15_at_9_54_54_AM.jpg

4) this leaves a world of options. You could place trixie behind gracie to push her 6,12,18 inches towards an enemy followed by a charge, you could place trixie to push and slow enemies or you could place trixie to pull somer and other key pieces. IMO though (and it will change game to game) I think placing trixie forward and using the reactivate to move lenny and trixie even further is best because it sets up gracie for a charge the following turn, (she is basically on the center line) lets trixie pull somer and a slop hauler and either pull the other slop hauler or push a target. This can be done from relative safety since by the 9th activation many crews have finished their turn or at the very least have had most important models do their activation. Additionally due to the inclusion of trixie the initiative is highly likely. Finally trixie will be relatively safe with her defensive ability and having lenny somer and a slop hauler nearby to take the damage. 

5) given the reactivation of gracie moving trixie and lenny, followed by trixie pulling somer and the unactivated slop hauler lenny can create two pigs (skeeter do it like this) followed by the slop hauler healing gracie (has about three damage from reactivate and summoning the piglet) ,trixie (2 from reactivate and piglet), and both piglets or himself and one piglet depending on if he needed to go reckless for positioning. 

6) the two piglets are 12+ inches out of the deployment zone and can charge 8 threaten 9 and at a minimum with their def 6 and 5 wounds they are really annoying speed bumps that can that can tie things up and maybe do a little damage. if there isn't anything in range they could also just truffle some other models for even more movement.

Obviously this is all theory fauxing but no matter what game I play I like to think about the possibilities and the tricks I can do. I think the movement shenanigans of gracie + trixie are incredible and it helps that both are extremely resilient in their own way. I also like having models that can help take each others place incase someone dies early - mid game so the list has two healers (slop haulers), two summoners (lenny & somer) and three mobility/position models (lenny, gracie and trixie).

Lol something i didn't notice till after I wrote all this up is that Somer can also be one of the most mobile masters in the game by just having bayou gremlins shoot spare ap at him or have a dedicated one go and shoot at him 3 times. Between def 6 on somer, sh 4 on bayou and bayou two card on both models the bayou should more or less never hit but still activate his trigger which pushes him 4" per shot (relenting is not an option since then his defensive trigger wont go off). That to me makes bigger hat than you pretty crazy especially when considering trixies initiative tricks.

Below is an example of an end of turn set up before piglets have charged or moved. It should be noted that less movement and more clumping occurred due to terrain features on the map (narrow + large piece of impassable terrain 10 inches from deployment.) Max move distance from the gracie reactivate placements is about 12 inches for lenny, 15ish for gracie & 16ish for trixie.

Screen_Shot_2015_07_15_at_2_13_31_PM.jpg

I'm really enjoying the game because this is just one way of many to play the dozens of masters out there and I love how every model in the game has at least situational uses...unlike 40k and even warmachine (warmachine is balanced on a faction level but every unit or model is not created equal...try comparing Haley 2 & Constance Blaze lol).
  • Like 4

Wow. That was some great piece of insight.

i am setting up for a game this friday against Lilith's crew. using this method seems good, especially because Bigger hat than yours takes that b*tch*s hand out. 

But i do not own Trixie and i do not Proxy either.

I was thinking more of employing Ophelia's The Kin with Gracie, Lenny and the pigapult.

I would be running short on disposeable scheme runners, but sniping Lilith from turn 1 with bacon seems to good to miss.