June 29th - Lots o' Goodies

Lucidicide

That's some really exciting news. I do love the idea of a 2-player starter, that always helps bring in new blood (even if the scion is a bit meh), and the little game aide on the jokers is brilliant for newbies. I'm also excited for the new supplement and campaigns, and last...a giant F** yeah for the band. Yes, it's a touch cheesy, but hey, steampunk is inherently cheesy and anachronistic.

• Like 1

And finally, the band looks utterly idiotic. My least favourite thing that Wyrd has ever done. Just completely jumping the shark. Electric guitars (no, wait, soulstone guitars) just don't fit Malifaux at all. I'm seriously considering simply refusing to play against them (forfeiting any game where an opponent brings one to the table). Urgh.

I´m really baffled by the "doesn´t fit Malifaux!" argument. This is the game that started with a hodgepodge of models that made no bloody sense and were pretty much collaged into something with a "theme". Outside of Sci Fi, anything goes has been my view on Malifaux, I mean, it´s AOK to have steampunk abominations, constructs and bionic limbs but by god, anybody dares use that tech for music and the shit hits the fan with the baby and the bathtub! Also, considering the amount of weird crap running around in the game and how it mixes themes like no tomorrow in a little microcosm how this suddenly breaks the "immersion". I mean, Candy is screwing people up with a basket of sweets, jawas with swords are some of the best fighters in the game, the 4 riders of the apocolypse, a walking reference to Big Trouble In Little China as well as other various sources and nobody is clamoring for blood.

• Like 8

On topic. Dissapointed with Wrath, was expecting him to look like something out of Kiss hoping his neverborn heritage was clear and not really convinced by Greed, but the rest are stellar, though have to agree that Gluttony would have been more fun as a Gremlin even if the characteristic was avoided like the plague.

• Like 1

So is this a new Faction? If not which faction do the band belong to? I am reallyt amused by the models and the concept, especially if their music is like D&D bards abilities, at first look I am liking the models, so will most likely get them (Who am I kidding, i get everything so will get these hahaha).

Not really bothered with Campaigns or the RPG at the moment due to my personal circumstances making it difficult to be involved in such things, but maybe in time (if i have it) I will get into it, used to love RPG in my Youth.

The starter set! finally, i have great hope for this bringing in more people and i like what is in it, must have I think.

Lots to look forward to with new models to the game, as well (I hope) the rest of the models in M2e form, from previous incarnations, very soon.

Thanks Wyrd for making my wallet cry in anticipation of being empty for months to come.

Loving the starter set concept, seems affordable, everything you need to play and will bait many more into the game... so all good there.

Looking forward to the TTB stuff a lot, enjoying this game and want more.

Campaign has me :+fate :+fate  curious, this could be amazing fun, at least I hope it will be.

Board game and Boondogle/Crossroads Seven are more meh...... for me, I'll not rush to get either but will admit that I can see the apeal for folks. It is after all not all about me.

Besides I get Collette, NE Collette and Wong for GenCon, I mean its like Christmas in August.

I have a question for people who don't know who the band are:

Did you not participate in the open beta because you started playing after, didn't know about it, or didn't want to get involved?

It's an honest question, sort of an informal poll. Feel free to PM me your answer if you'd prefer.

I'm pretty firmly in the "The Crossroads Seven are ridiculous" curmudgeon camp. I don't have any problem with magically-amplified guitars, more with the fact that barely any of those people look like they would be in a band together.

You'd have a half-decent start at a rock/metal band with the lead guitar, bass, violin and singer. Obviously add a banjo - what kind of self-respecting metal band doesn't have a banjo? There's something missing... wow, we almost forgot the most fundamental element of heavy rock music, the self-propelled steam organ. Better get one of those - make sure it's got at least two rotary machine guns, that'll really enhance the sound. Are there any other instruments that you'd expect in a metal band? Oh, duh... we forgot the bongo drum.

That collection of instruments would sound completely daft together, and the band doesn't have any kind of coherent visual aesthetic. They are seven musicians, but just putting musicians in the same place doesn't make good music. I could get behind the idea that Malifaux would spawn its own styles of music, and perhaps there's something to be said for the idea that a steam-horror-Western-Victorian-punk world might produce a rock-bluegrass-classical-afrobeat-metal fusion band that somehow might not sound awful and sad, but the models aren't selling that concept to me at all.

Many of the individual models are very nice, though.

• Like 2

I was being strong. Ressers have tempted me for a while. But I held off. I like Kirai and Seamus, but I've got a backlog I didn't want to expand.

Then you go and make a Nephilim Resser master.

For the record, he's an enforcer.

So is this a new Faction? If not which faction do the band belong to?

Each one is an Enforcer with the Mercenary trait that belongs to one of the factions with the exception of the Neverborn lead singer, who is a Henchman.  The lead singer also has a special rule that lets him lead a crew up to 50 SS, but can only hire the other members of the Crossroads Seven but doesn't have to treat them as Mercenaries when he does so.

Didn't know about it. I am getting back into Malifaux after a year long hiatus and literally this art was the first time I'd heard anything about them.

I have a question for people who don't know who the band are:

Did you not participate in the open beta because you started playing after, didn't know about it, or didn't want to get involved?

It's an honest question, sort of an informal poll. Feel free to PM me your answer if you'd prefer.