Oregon players near Corvallis - Eugene

Paddywhack

OK, time for my yearly post here.

I live in Junction City (between Corvallis and Eugene). While there is a great community in Portland it is difficult to get up there on a regular basis to play.

Are there any players in the Corvallis or Eugene area that have started playing or want to start playing again? Love to find a group to play with on a regular basis.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hey! I am in Corvallis, but before you get your hopes up I don't actually play Malifaux yet.

I have recently started looking into Malifaux, but the only thing that has kept me from making the leap has been a lack of players around here. The closest store that I have found that has any Malifaux activity has been Borderlands in Salem, and I can't make that drive with any regularity. 

Have you had any luck finding players?

Sadly no. I drive up to Portland every now and again to play. There were a couple of players in Salem, which is closer. Still cant' find players here or in Eugene (I live in Junction City). You would think there would be some players at OSU.

If you ever want a game let me know. I keep meaning to go to the Tabletop Gaming Club on Thursday nights (they only play boardgames, but maybe I can convert some).

I have. They have a moderate Warmachine/Hordes player base and I think some played Malifaux long, long ago. I have put up flyers before there, but never got any hits. I've thought about doing a demo of some kind. Maybe I'll take a better look after I get the starter kit. Though honestly I don't love all those models and I pick my painting time carefully. I've got plenty of Resser models painted now though and will be working on some Arcanists and TT soon.

I'm not sure how much interest I'll get there - it always feels very pro-PP/GW and somewhat hostile to other games. Just my impression though...

Evolution has a large number of tables and some good terrain with a good amount of space, so would be a great place to play. They have pretty much stopped carrying any Malifaux in store sadly. Honestly, they could be a fantastic store, but need to shut down for a couple of days and do a complete clean/reorganization. 

Yeah, I was in there a few weeks ago on a road trip and there was stuff everywhere. Their in-store boardgame library was overflowing onto the floor to the extent that about a third of the gaming space was not accessible.

The location is great. Right next to Sundance, my favorite place to acquire hippy snacks.

Good luck finding some Malifriends!

• 4 weeks later...

OK, someone had replied to this post saying they were starting TT in the area, but I think it got lost in the Forum's woes recently. I didn't note the forum name. If you are in the area and looking for games please post or PM me here and I will be glad to work out a game sometime. Good time to start with Nythera going. 

Hey! I am in Corvallis, but before you get your hopes up I don't actually play Malifaux yet.

I have recently started looking into Malifaux, but the only thing that has kept me from making the leap has been a lack of players around here. The closest store that I have found that has any Malifaux activity has been Borderlands in Salem, and I can't make that drive with any regularity. 

Have you had any luck finding players?

If you are in Corvallis we could always meet up at the Tabletop gaming Club meetings on Thursday nights at OSU. They are open to all people and while the mostly play card and board games, if we were to go there we may be able to drum up some interest.