Models that I think are good, but never see talked about anymore

Whut

Assimilate only copies (1) Actions, Magnetism is a (0). So not cool.

Indeed.

But he's awesome in a Ramos crew. Pair him up with Ramos and the brass arachnid and you can reactivate him with any 10 giving him up to 8 shots a turn if you copy electrical fire (which doesn't randomise and ignores armour!)

And unlike a reactivating Howard he sits back near the arachnid and can get the buff every turn.

And if he gets charged he obviously has a half decent melee attack, armour 2 and a (0) heal, with the ability to copy joss' attack assuming he's witching range and Ramos if not with a chance of getting a lucky severe of 8 though. (Slightly more likely to happen with Ramos +ives to friendly ms&u melee attacks. At least I think laz is ms&u though I'm at work so can't see his card)

(Slightly more likely to happen with Ramos +ives to friendly ms&u melee attacks. At least I think laz is ms&u though I'm at work so can't see his card)

Lazarus characteristics are Enforcer, Construct, Mercenary, Rare 1, Freikorps. But Overdrive gives Ml  :+fate to friendly constructs, not M&SU.

Slate - I feel like he'd be a good Defend Me! choice for Marcus in close-quarters situations like Turf War, where his speed isn't as big of an issue.  If people aren't willing to target him, then they will essentially be leaving Marcus untouched.  If they do, well...he can heal and dish out some good damage in return.  I only played Marcus for a short time, so this is mostly theory.  Outside of Marcus, no way.

SS Miner - This is one of THOSE models.  I just...don't get what he is supposed to do.  He has a lot of fluffy, situational, gimmicky interactions/rules that just don't seem to actually pay off for me on the table.   :huh:

Willie - I think he'll get a lot more chatter now that Ironsides is out.  Hand Picked Men will get those blasts out easy, and he has a Cg but no Ml.  Also, read Demo Charge and its triggers in full.  Now read it again.  Ignores armor, hybrid melee/ranged, blasts, can ignore LOS/cover, can apply burning, and can push friendlies within 3".  Yes...it really does ALL of that.  On a 6ss model!  He is also a Df 6 Foundry model that can hand out burning, so I can see use with Kaeris and Mei Feng particularly.  I probably would limit him to Mei Feng/Kaeris/Ironsides, but he is a nice, cheap ranged support option for those masters.

Also, line up a portion of your crew in front of an Oxfordian Mage.  Hit him with a single attack from Willie and have the mage relent.  For the price of a low mask and one damage on the Ox Mage (which gets him Hand Picked Men), you get to push your whole crew 3" forward.   :D

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I think I found a single use for the Slate Ridge Mauler. It's very niche, but the best part is, you don't have to commit to anything until you feel he will be useful. Allow me to explain.

You are playing Colette, and one of your schemes is Deliver a message. You take Myranda. It's turn 2 or 3, and you want those VP. You attempt to waste your opponent's activations. You prompt Myranda, pushing her 3" forward, having her walk 6", and giving her reactivate. She activates next, dropping Imbued Energies and walking 18" for a total of 27" of movement. Myranda accomplices herself, and, being next to the enemy master, Delivers the message. Finally, she uses her (0) to become something and not ever need to sacrifice herself for the prompt trigger.

Now, you could turn into a Cerberus and attack the enemy master once or twice woth maul. That is not a terrible plan. But unless you have the correct card for a leap, you are most likely going to die the following turn.

You could turn into a Blessed of December, and either cheat or hope to flip an 8 to leap away and become a schemer and/or begin to pick at the opponent's squishy back line.

Or, you could become a Slate Ridge Mauler and use your (0) and an attack to pull in, slow, and tie up an enemy model. Potentially the enemy master, potentially any other model with particularly low Df nearby. Now the Mauler is in the prime position to annoy your opponent, and even if he is disengaged from, he will always still be close enough to charge, removing his prime weakness of being slow. Your opponent now has to deal with the dilemma of trying to kill the Mauler and inviting that Min damage of 4, or trying to ignore it but getting engaged, pulled, and slowed.

It's not perfect, as many times the Blessed will be the best choice in a "need for survival" situation, but in some rare cases the Mauler could prove useful, and you don't even have to commit to taking one in a list, you can decide if that is the best option in the moment.

Not perfect, but not bad, and I think that it gives a reason to at least own one of these.

• Like 2

SRM needs ml 6 to be viable or + on attack (four arms, come on!).

Hoarcats are nice, and often underestimated.

Lazarus is very cheap at 10 SS (insane ranged, almost unkillable and great melee as well).

Willie is a fun and quirky model. He'll usually die early, because blasts. But he's good at 6SS.

My 2 cents, speaking from a primarily Marcus and Rasputina point of view.

My bad, forgot about the merc tax. He's still extremely good at that price though.

I haven't found this to be the case at all and I've been on the opposite side of the table and on the controlling side of the table including Lazarus and he doesn't really perform at all from my experience. Must be doing something wrong since everyone is hyping how great Lazarus is all the time.

He's nigh invulnerable, shoots a ton, and can get  :+fate to damage flips on the 3 shots with blasts he takes per turn (toolkit). He's also solid in combat, and can do some neat things with assimilate depending on the crew. What's not to like?

He's slow and then none of those things actually happen. :D 

I've had the exact same experience with Lazarus.

Without Focus or some other +'s to his dmg he does very little 3/3/6 is not a very great dmg track most of the time. 

Now with I pay better or some other cheap focus trick he can be very reliable. 

Mostly he is a big dumb robot who lives til the end of the game accomplishing very little.

Compare him to Ryle for instance and it's not even close. 

I want to try Lazarus with Coryphee, so he can copy Dance Partner.

Last year at GenCon one of my opponents did this. 

He had the Mobile tool-kit give Laz + to damage ran a Coryphee up and was going to dance with it from range and unload into my crew. 

Unfortunately, I was playing Levi who can one shot a Coryphee for free so it was a non starter.

I assume the plan was to then prompt him a bunch and cause general chaos.

It seemed like a pretty powerful tactic in general. 

• Like 2

Last year at GenCon one of my opponents did this.

He had the Mobile tool-kit give Laz + to damage ran a Coryphee up and was going to dance with it from range and unload into my crew.

Unfortunately, I was playing Levi who can one shot a Coryphee for free so it was a non starter.

I assume the plan was to then prompt him a bunch and cause general chaos.

It seemed like a pretty powerful tactic in general.

Well I think this says very little about the tactic and more about the player who decided using multiple Armor +2 models against Outcasts was a good idea.