Books!

Lucidicide

You know.... there are some dudes that didn't playtest wave 3... D'OH! (slaps forehead...i'm such a noob). We'll but i dreamed a little :P

It's ok, I didn't playtest them either, just looked at the cards as a preview of forthcoming new shinies. I don't like doing beta things because then when the actually release comes out I have to relearn the things they changed.

• Like 1

Looks at the Wave 3 models:

Arcanists: No real shifting loyalties here. MAYBE the Ice Dancer went from Colette to Rasputina or vice versa, but keeping it in the faction.

Guild: The Sanctioned Spellcaster looks like former (or wannabe) Arcanists. Though the Abilities, Soulburst, and Triggers suggest that it wasn't exactly willing.

Neverborn: Corrupted Hound seems a little obvious. Kinda like the Wretched I guess? Maybe the Bunraku. It's Ten Thunders as well. My guess, is the Neverborn saw it, liked it, and got some of their own (or Collodi did, and decided to share).

Rezzers: Missingno is a former (current?) Freikorps member. Hayreddin comes from the Neverborn. The Forgotten Marshal is a former Guild member that they apparently just forgot about it (honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Death Marshals quite commonly become Rezzers).

Gremlin: Not sure about the Mechanized Porkchop. Was it invented for the Foundry? Or did Mei Feng just go, "well, that will be useful." Sparks? A traitor? A slave? Both? Survivor could be a Gremlin who survived "working" for the Foundry? Then they realized that giving Gremlins mechanical limbs wasn't a good idea.

Outcast: Seem like solid Outcast models.

Ten Thunders: More Oni. No real traitors.

So, for shifting loyalties, the big winners seem Rezzers and Gremlins. Outcasts and Ten Thunders didn't seem to get any traitors.

So, for shifting loyalties, the big winners seem Rezzers and Gremlins. Outcasts and Ten Thunders didn't seem to get any traitors.

Well, to be fair, Outcasts don't have any loyalties that could shift, really. And Ten Thunders are kinda special in the shifting loyalties department what with nearly all of them being already torn between two Factions.

Hayreddin looks really cool, though very different from what I thought he would look. Where's his shotgun?

Ratcatcher looks about as can be expected. I kinda always found them a bit weird in how capable they are considering what they are - I would've liked something a bit more obviously sinister to them. Still, not bad.

The fellow at the cover of the quickstart rules looks cool what little can be seen. Does he have a hat?

Finally, the band member looks absolutely idiotic. I really wasn't feeling the band concept but Gluttony, though decidedly underwhelming, was sorta ok. This new one however looks just silly modern and altogether silly. And not at all like something that should be on the Malifaux battlefield. Is he Pride? Super disappointed in this one - by far the worst concept to come from Wyrd to date.

• Like 1

The pamphlets at the bottom are definitely the most exciting thing for me.  I'm really hoping those quickstart rules mean the 2 player set is coming soon, as I've been really excited to see how that functions as a teaching tool.  Brotherhood of the Rat is an enigma, so it earns points for that and seeing the Crossroads 7 split out like that has exciting applications for the set.  Now impatiently waiting for GenCon more than ever.  :D

This is a big assumption...but what if Brotherhood of the Rat and the Crossroads 7 pamphlets are similar to the university of transmortis?

I was thinking about how the Hamelin themed models could be split up, and they could have Rat Catchers and Winged Plagues with a few Rats in the Brotherhood of the Rat box, and then do Hamelin, 3 Stolen, Nix, 4 Rats, and maybe the Obedient Wretch in Hamelin's crew box. 

However it turns out, totally psyched to see what Brotherhood of the Rat is.

Hello,

Ash Barker has some pictures of products that explain what some of these new items are on his (outofthebasementintothestreets) facebook page, also shows the new two player starter set. I don't know how to post links but google should work...  The avatar stuff looks intriguing to me, as well as upgrading within campaigns.  Not too much about it there but you can read the back of the boxes/product shots.

Take care,

Joe