Tales of Malifaux Podcast

What I thought odd about The Final Word is that it has no less than two magical locations that move about and seems to be sentient, a concept that, as far as I recall, doesn't appear in any of the other books, before or after Storm of Shadows.

The story was still entertaining though.

I just started Malifaux 2nd Edition within the last two weeks, reading the "Welcome to Malifaux", "Luck of the Draw", each faction overviews, and the brief passages for each of the masters. I found these broadcasts of stories pre-2.0 to be quite pleasant (or unpleasant in a good way :D) for immersion. I am on the episode with the epilogue from the 1.0-1.5 book. Is it better to listen to these Tales of Malifaux, going through the stories in the pre-2.0 rulebooks in order before reading the stories in 2.0 rulebook/Crossroads/Shifting Loyalties? After the tales of malifaux finishes Storm of Shadows, will it be going through 2.0 stories?

• Like 1

I just started Malifaux 2nd Edition within the last two weeks, reading the "Welcome to Malifaux", "Luck of the Draw", each faction overviews, and the brief passages for each of the masters. I found these broadcasts of stories pre-2.0 to be quite pleasant (or unpleasant in a good way :D) for immersion. I am on the episode with the epilogue from the 1.0-1.5 book. Is it better to listen to these Tales of Malifaux, going through the stories in the pre-2.0 rulebooks in order before reading the stories in 2.0 rulebook/Crossroads/Shifting Loyalties? After the tales of malifaux finishes Storm of Shadows, will it be going through 2.0 stories?

While there is an ongoing story line I don't think you'll ruin your experience by reading the M2E books first. I guess some of the stories in the M2E rulebook are a little puzzling if you haven't read the preceding ones, but most (especially Crossroads and later) are pretty stand alone and doesn't spoil the older stories. 

I certainly hope they continue with M2E and/or Chronicles stuff, even though I've read it already, but they haven't said anything AFAIK.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SnakeoilSage said:

Really enjoyed Episode 44. Who writes and narrates these tales? Or is the answer somewhere around the forums here?

Every so often while digging for 1.5 era material I can find a writer claiming credit for his story and/or making an oblique remark which becomes clearer after publication.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...