Headhunter with Plastic Releases

MONSTERNOGGIN

As a whole, I'm really digging the new gaining grounds strategies. However, Headhunter is proving difficult using only currently released models.

I'm currently building crews around points denial through kiting. Anyone care to chime in?

I've got everything released in both plastics and metals at my disposal.

Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.

Headhunter is always dicey with a ranged focused crew, mostly because after you shoot them to death you have to spend 2 more AP to get in there and pick up the head.  There are a few ways around that as gremlins I think:

1) Chaff:  Bring more bayou gremlins and scoop up their heads as they get cut down.  This is not ideal since it depends on your opponent killing your models for you.  I find gremlins tend to be tantalizing/destructive enough that it's not a huge effort, but smart opponents will not fall for it.

2) Less Range:  Focus on strong melee pieces like Francois/Gracie/Burt and don't be afraid to send someone like Ophelia into melee.  It's the best way to protect your heads as you get them.

3) Fingers: Fingers is a giant middle finger (HA!) to this scheme since his Chatty bubble and Don't mind me means he can bounce through the melee furball picking up heads with impunity.

Thanks clement, hadn't thought of fingers and the chatty bubble for disrupting the pick up honestly.

My go at it had Zoraida kiting and obeying models in to the group while Lenny, Burt, Francois, and Juju hand out the melee damage.

The doll came in handy for killing models in their backfueld without dropping heads (they die due to the hemmed condition and not a direct model, therefore no head, right?)

It went 'ok', but was ckunky.

Thanks clement, hadn't thought of fingers and the chatty bubble for disrupting the pick up honestly.

My go at it had Zoraida kiting and obeying models in to the group while Lenny, Burt, Francois, and Juju hand out the melee damage.

The doll came in handy for killing models in their backfueld without dropping heads (they die due to the hemmed condition and not a direct model, therefore no head, right?)

It went 'ok', but was ckunky.