New Player, starting Seamus

benjoewoo

Well lets face it, it is going to be me doing the majority of the painting and I'd much prefer to paint zombie hookers than drunken goblin ninja's! Plus there is the added benefit that my main opponent plays Seamus so I can gain a lot of insight into how to deal with him!! (Plus I want Molly!!)

• Like 1

I see the thread will be hijacked by others! Like Seamus stealing the tear, and McMourning the bodies. That's good though, so other new people like me don't have to start their own thread, but can look here for notes and suggestions on how to play one of the resser masters.

Trying to find spray primer and place with cheaper paints near me. 

Should be a couple days before I play, and my first match will likely be against Dreamer.

Based on what other people have said, a low SS game will be difficult because he's a summoner and I won't have that many units to make up.

My main thing should probably be strategy and scheme running, while killing units as necessary for them or manipulating dreamer if possible so that he can be killed away from any night mare models. That failing, hail mary I suppose to keep VP advantage.

Should be a couple days before I play, and my first match will likely be against Dreamer.

Based on what other people have said, a low SS game will be difficult because he's a summoner and I won't have that many units to make up.

My main thing should probably be strategy and scheme running, while killing units as necessary for them or manipulating dreamer if possible so that he can be killed away from any night mare models. That failing, hail mary I suppose to keep VP advantage.

Reasonable plan. Keep an eye on his upgrades to predict his battle plan.

Also, Seamus will only lose the Tear over his dead body now....

I've played against Dreamer once and it wasn't too bad since he was in experienced. Watch the Waking condition on the Dreamer once he hits +4 Lord Chompy Bits comes out, you may have to sacrifice a model to tackle him but if you can kill Chompy (before he is sacrificed with his 0 action) then the dreamer comes into play with Slow and can be a lot easier to put down.

Giving Seamus Sinister Rep will reduce Dreamer/Chompy's WP by two, which is what the Nurse's Take your meds targets. Dreamers trigger isn't baked into his WP stat so you will force him to burn a SS or cheat in a Mask if he doesn't flip one.

Although Dreamer may go summoning route (if he has the models or you allow proxies) but don't forget Seamus can also summon. If the Rotten Belle dies you can bring her back, or even better, if the CCK dies you get to replace him with a Belle/Doxy (if you want to proxy)

First battle report. I didn't play against Dreamer, but had a fun 2v2 match.

My Dreamer friend brought another friend, who played ressers as well and played Nicodem. I had a fourth friend over, who ended up playing my McMourning set. The McMourning player and I, playing Seamus, swapped a nurse and belle because the McMourning set doesn't have any lure or good range.

It was a 30SS game, I had Seamus, 2 belles, Sybelle, CCK, and a nurse, plus sinister reputation, not too banged up, and bleeding tongue. 

Nicodem player had Nicodem, Mortimer, a crooked man, a flesh construct, grave spirit, and a punk zombie or two. Don't remember upgrades.

McMourning player had McMourning, dead chihuaha, canine remains, a nurse, a belle, and flash construct. Had poison related upgrades.

Dreamer player had Dreamer, 2 day dreams, 3 alps, Copellius, and a lot of upgrades that didn't do much the whole game.

SUMMARY:

We set the teams as McMourning & Nicodem vs. Seamus & Dreamer, because we figured the McMourning player was the newest and having resser and resser would counter balance that, particularly with Nicodem, and the Dreamer player didn't have extra models to summon, so there wouldn't be too much synergy between Seamus and Dreamer.

We played death match because it was McMourning player's and my first game, and we had spent some time gluing Dreamer player's models to bases right before.

We deployed on a 34" by 48" map because my table isn't at least 3x3, and we used standard deployment because the table is much longer than it is wide.

My team won deployment, so the resser team (McMourning & Nicodem) deployed first, pretty much in a line behind cover and some exposure. 

The alliance (Seamus & Dreamer) deployed almost entirely behind a building.

TURN 1:

Two inches apparently really matters. Lot of movement, major ones being resser team moved a flesh construct up, Nicodem summoned a flesh construct and blew up two day dreams, Dreamer paralyzed one of the hired flesh constructs, belles undressed for the flesh construct that moved up and dragged teammates up, coppelius plucked some eyeballs, alliance nurse paralyzed the summoned flesh construct, seamus screeched with red joker against Sebastion, who was re-animated as the summoned flesh construct, and Seamus killed a nurse after back alley.

McMourning moved up on the pretty much unguarded flank of the building, as I had committed most of my forces to one side and Dreamer player huddled the two to be killed day dreams inside the building. There were 2 alps near McMourning's side by the time the turn ended.

TURN 2:

We win initiative after spending 2 rounds of SS (1 for each player on a team to get a re-flip) and the resser team spending 1 or 2 SS to try and reset. 

Belle lures keep Seamus away from the flesh construct that had moved toward him, McMourning killed an alp and the other two alps and a day dream surround him. Dreamer gets next to McMourning and my nurse gives him +2 to ML, allowing him to deal overall moderate damage--around 6, plus the alps brought Mcmourning to 11 wounds from ML and slow application + damage. Resser team lures LCB away from McMourning, and I respond with double lure on LCB to move him back over to the team where we're strong. LCB blocked LoS to the flesh construct that was moving to Seamus, so Seamus back alleys to McMourning after summoning an extra belle, getting some minor damage. CCK teleports to Seamus and blocks Mcmourning on standard ground so that his back is against a HT 1 terrain, attacks and triggers his instant kill, which McMourning player avoids by discarding SS. Damage was moderate on both attacks, which costs 2 more SS to reduce damage. 

On a side note, the McMourning player had 6 SS to start, Nicodem had 5/6 to start, Dreamer had 7, and I had 4. I tried not to plan on using SS in deployment and moves, so I felt it was ok to flip for initiative with SS and use the SS required to get the trigger on CCK as I didn't want Seamus engaged by a full health flesh construct and I wanted to spend 1 SS to burn 2 SS from the McMourning player. 

Alliance belles did some work--the two that activated later basically triple lured Nicodem into 3 belles, sybelle, and the now lured over LCB, who got to walk 7 one time because of Not Too Banged up on Seamus. Double and Triple pounces between three belle lures put some damage on Nico, plus I triggered embrace, so Nico wasn't walking anywhere.

TURN 3:

Flip for initiative, and resser team spends SS to re-flip, which we win again anyway--alliance can't re-flip because I spent all my SS between the last reflips, CCK, and I spent my last SS to get the 3rd belle that lured Nico in the first place. 

I nurse and give +ML to Seamus with a cheat, who backhands McMourning, which triggered the free attack, but the damage was reduced by a SS, free attack kills him, and Seamus is done because medications prevented him from doing anything else. Was afraid that Nico would summon a flesh construct into the corpse counter, but fortunately that did not happen--unfortunately something much worse did. The dead Chihuahua ran into where the 3 alps, Seamus, and CCK were for killing McMourning and gave everyone +2 poison, which effectively meant 10 damage between the 5 models hit.

LCB killed Nico, who basically got to sit there and take it. Nico had summoned a Punk zombie near McMourning last turn prior to being lured, and that got killed between the alps who activated after Seamus killed McMourning.

We went through the rest of our activates here, which were mostly uneventful in moving and occasionally throwing a status effect out.

We called the game here or what would have been the start of Turn 4 because alliance killed resser's masters, and it would take a while for us to blow through 2 flesh constructs and the otherwise full health team the resser team had, but we still had both masters and good position with 3 belles for luring and a building for Dreamer to walk in and out of.

THOUGHTS:

Fun game, was really balanced for the first couple turns until Nico got lured and McMourning was surrounded. 

I think what won the game was getting all the initiative flips, because it allowed Seamus to take out the resser nurse before she even activated, which prevented lots of shenanigans and allowed us to move into position more quickly. It certainly saved Seamus from damage and engaging a flesh construct t2 which would've likely kept McMourning alive a lot longer, because T3 McMourning died to the first activation from Nurse into Seamus.

MVP: intiative flips--save SS to get that advantage in multiplayer games

If I had to correct what alliance team did, it would be deployment. Alliance deployed in essentially a pyramid in front of the building, because Dreamer player wanted to get his key people inside--building was hard cover, H2, not climbable. This cost us a little in our activations because we had to play around the blocking units. Fortunately I put a belle at the top of the pyramid, and was able to lure Dreamer in so that he would have a chance to attack his first turn. 

But, we were really concerned about the other team just rushing us on one side, so we spread evenly in the pyramid behind the pyramid. When that didn't happen, it became a cluster to get out, which basically took me moving my belles out first and luring people to maximize spread on one side of the building. 

I also didn't know Nico's blast move was just bonkers, and wouldn't have put us all in a tight group if I had known--fortunately Nico only killed a couple day dreams, but it could have been much worse if I didn't have two belles to lure out my own guys and we had initiative to get that head start in moving out of a cluster.

Played another 2v2. 2x Nicodem, piloted by one player, vs. my Seamus and a Dreamer crew. We were at a get together, so we didn't finish this so we could join the main festivities, but got a lot of action in.

Familiarizing ourselves with rules still, and the other two players like death match because they don't really like going for objectives.

It was a 20 SS game since all 4 of us could summon and there would be ample opportunity.

Essentially, Seamus joined up with the Dreamer crew in order to fight off the Nicodem that summoned flesh constructs and punks everywhere. That fight would have likely ended with Dreamer dying before we called it, as the Dreamer's now 30-35 SS army was fighting off a roughly 40-45 SS Nicodem undead army.

My crew had a belle, a nurse, and madame sybelle to start. I ended up summoning 2 more belles in the game, and I summoned one in front of a flesh construct and a mortimer because they were rushing Seamus and i wanted to have the opportunity to heal via WP duels.

The other two belles and madame sybelle stationed themselves onto a Ht 2 terrain that had a thing layer of normal terrain and then giant pool of standard damage hazardous terrain. They then proceeded to lure the other Nicodem, Mortimer, and a flesh construct into the lava, resulting in those Mortimer and Nicos dying. But, that side was a distraction for the other Nico that was summoning tons of stuff.

It would've been a close game, and we were heading into T5, where I'm not sure we could have concluded killing all the stuff, since my people were by and large unharmed, with the pull train just dragging 2-4 people into lava each turn and sybelle adding in with shriek. If we had to play it out without accounting for turns, the Nicodem player probably would have won unless i managed to kill off a good number of people and re-established the army around a wall with the belles just luring everyone and their mother into lava. But, I think the game would have largely been a draw at the end of T5, since I would likely have my whole army, the Nicodem player would surely lose some people, and it'd be up to the Dreamer player to not lose everyone in the melee.

Any recommendations on how to play against Jacob Lynch? 

Had another 2v2 game last night, and he basically took a turn to shoot at Seamus for 18 damage with his spell that damages based on cards in hand. Hard to deal with that without a lot of SS, and I spent all my SS trying to survive but the reduction doesn't seem very effective.

I should clarify when I ask for advice it's for 1v1. We've been playing 2v2 because we have had 4 or more people playing each time and don't have two areas to play on.

That being said, I figured it'd be put pressure on Jakob--how do you advise getting around the ever present hungering.? It seems like keeping him paralyzed is the best way, so I don't have to deal with a guy who buries and unburies constantly, but not sure. 

Seems like another match up where scheme/strat runs are more effective, as engaging against the brilliant army is difficult at best.

I've found that it really is dependent on the upgrades Jakob takes. If he takes the one that allows him to resummon the darkness, getting rid of Jakob, before attempting to kill the darkness is somewhat critical. If he took the improved darkness but no resummoning, killing the darkness first is generally to way to go.

Keeping the darkness or Jakob perma paralyzed via a nurse is a great idea if you can manage it. The difficulty with Jakob being he tends not to activate until last, so getting a nurse in range an able to cast her spell before he nukes her out of her borrowed skin can be tricky.

Landing slows from range via Chiaki, or rotten belles can be effective in cutting down te DMG output of his crew.

No, but he can hit you 3 times with, essentially, Seamus' own gun, or, if you have brilliance already, once with the hand size attack, and twice with Seamus' gun. Or hit you once to give you brilliance and 2 dmg, the hand size attack, and once with Seamus' gun.

What I mean by that is that Jakob's gun, which has a slightly shorter range than Seamus', though can be used in ML, has a trigger to allow it to do +2 Dmg on a ram, and Jakob can cheat the card, or spend a stone to get that bonus dmg, which comes out very close To Seamus' own dmg line, and he isn't limited to once a turn.

Jakob can fairly easily and regularly kill any one model that gets in range, even difficult to kill ones, even without the triple woke up with a hand action.

How may belles do you guys summon as Seamus?

I feel like you basically get 1 summon as Seamus, because the Ca 6 into double crow with TN 16 makes it pretty difficult to pull off more than once unless your hand is pretty nuts.

That, and you have two choices: rotten belles and dead doxies. Not exactly a variety, and I understand they're some of the best movement trick models, just kind of wish it were a little easier to pull off.

That being said, how often do you find yourself summoning? It's only a 6" range, so Seamus is pretty close to whatever event killed the model that created the corpse counter for you to summon.