June 15th - GenCon Goodies

Lucidicide

On the front of awesome, cool, shiny Gen Con stuff that isn't made of transparent or colored plastic, any chance we might be able to get some sort of poster (perhaps of that cool map off Malifaux you posted in a preview a few months back)? My game room is really missing any Wyrd products to hang on the walls...

Seconding a large format version of the map, at least printable at home if not commercially produced? Perhaps an 11x17 @ 150 dpi?

Anything suitable for framing would be good by me. The walls of my nerd room may be covered with this stuff, but I like to keep it classy  ;)

Totally with you there. Though my autographed photos are on the side of "questionably classy"

But yes, a large printable format of the map. I guess I will be sending twice as many baked goods to Wyrd at this point.

It all depends on what kind of photos you have framed. 

Aaron, will you be giving us prices soon? I would like to plan my purchases and you did list prices on the most recent info (except the Crossroads 7). I am mostly interested in how much the Dark Carnival will be so I can plan, but I would like to know about Jack Daw's crew for my son. 

And if you could confirm, will the Dark Carnival feature the same rules as Colette, but have their own cards with their own artwork and names?

Or Nathan, could you let us know?

So, I did a little calendar wizardry and have a rough estimate on the full Gen Con announcement and price list based off of how they did things last year:
In 2014, Gen Con began on Thursday, August 13. The full Gen Con announcement and price list was posted on August 7th (took a little forum diving to find that one).

Gen Con 2015 begins on Thursday, July 30, so if they announce things at the same time relative to the start of the con, they will be posting the full list on Friday, July 24th.

Obviously this is only an estimate based off of how they did stuff last year. One reason they may not release it sooner than that is because they don't want to say they will have something at Gen Con and then have it unexpectedly delayed and unavailable. That being said, they did announce the Nightmare and Miss model earlier this year than they did last year, so who knows.

All I know is that I am excited to see all of the goodies that will be waiting to come home from Indy with me  :D

I will be buying the Wyrd hat pack, because several future purchases require hats.

Like Cojo when I finally break down and buy Marcus crew. That monkey needs a cigar and a bowler hat something fierce.

That'za bingo.

Problem is I already have the hat pack and they are gracing the heads of many-a models and I hate buyinng duplicates.

Hopefully with the coming of the plastic lamp posts we will be getting our hands on plastic hats too. B)

• Like 2

See, herein lie my dilemma with prices.

I already know the things I am going to be buying (based on what is being released so far):

Jack Daw, who I assume will not be more than $50 (morel ike $40 min)

Mr. Cooper, who I assume will not be more than $100 (more like $80 min)

Ama no Zako, as she's been a long time comings ($16)

2 Fate Decks (probably a Dark arcane and a Light arcane) ($24)

So, that puts things at $190 maximum, with a possible $160 minimum. I have just so much to work with for S&H (and before anyone asks, I'm not looking to get 2 Miss models this year so I'm good with my expenditure estimates here). I will be using some of my Henching funds to bring the cost down by $42. I may even cut Ama for the time being because she isn't vital right now, and because I can get her later.

I do also want to get scenic bases, though, and I was looking into a UK-based (ha!) resin base company. that'll run me $23-24 more or less, including shipping.

Here's where things for me get dicey, though. GenCon preparation is using my $200 fun budget for the month. Based on the worst-case-scenario, I will have $29 to spend on Wyrd's S&H for GenCon purchases. I should be okay with that, but I have other things to do with that money as well, like print cards out elsewhere as I don't have ink for my printer presently (if you didn't know, I have a fan-project's playtest to run haha).

Best case scenario, though, I will buy everything on my list sans Ama, and it'll only be $125 as opposed to $171, again not counting Wyrd's S&H fees. 75 is a whole lot better than 29 (though not by a huge margin), and that's where I feel I need to know how much Cooper's box and Jack's box will both cost, since I have a present total difference for the projected prices of the two boxes combined totaled at a difference of $30.

So yeah, at the least, for me, knowing the prices of the crew boxes and the NE box would be optimal so I can better budget my fun for the month.

~Lil Kalki

Budget all over the Wyrd madness and it 'should' be alright. :)

You'll have prices here soon when we make our full announcement. We've got some final things that are coming in but I 'really' am not a fan of announcing something and then either not having it, or blowing the time on it. It happens, and has, but I'm not a happy guy about it. 

• Like 1

Budget all over the Wyrd madness and it 'should' be alright. :)

You'll have prices here soon when we make our full announcement. We've got some final things that are coming in but I 'really' am not a fan of announcing something and then either not having it, or blowing the time on it. It happens, and has, but I'm not a happy guy about it. 

So you've finally learnt your lesson then Nathan? ;)

Anyway, my fingers are crossed for Shenlong. IIRC him, Ulix, Mah and Hamelin are the only Masters that haven't been released or announced. Other than that I'll probably have more than enough to buy with what's been already announced. :D

So you've finally learnt your lesson then Nathan? ;)

Anyway, my fingers are crossed for Shenlong. IIRC him, Ulix, Mah and Hamelin are the only Masters that haven't been released or announced. Other than that I'll probably have more than enough to buy with what's been already announced. :D

I'd love to see Shenlong, but I'm not hold my breath on him. I'm assuming Kaeris will be there, given her upcoming release date. Aside from that, I'd love to see the Gunsmiths make an appearance....