June 15th - GenCon Goodies

Lucidicide

I really want Wong.

Colette and the Dark Carnival leave me in a quandary.

The Dark Carnival looks awesome, but I love Colette as a character. If I have the money, I may try to get both. I can use them for the most part side by side (Colette invites some circus performers and summons the occasional flying monkey). But honestly, I don't know what I will wind up doing. Especially if another Gremlin Box or Kaeris gets announced later.

just accept that your wallet will die soon :D

So many goodies... so little time to assembly, paint and play them....

• Like 1

Very excited for Colette and to hear the Effigies are nearly ready.  Assuming some of the things promised for June eventually make it (Austringers.....), I'm very, very nearly ok with what's out there.  Just need me some Guild Hounds at this point and I'm pretty good.  :D

If nothing else, The Dark Carnival crew will make for some great characters in TtB.

Does anyone else find it strange that Wong is the old plastic with the old Gremlin nose, while the rest of the crew is new plastics with no nose? Seems like a bit of an oversight.

• Like 2

If it is like other years, and I'm not certain of what to make of the encounter, honestly, the Miss model has always been an add-on if you buy $100.00 or more of product at the con, or during the Gen Con sale on the Website.

And unless they changed it this year, and keep in mind this is in no way official as I am not an employee, just to forestall the question that gets asked every single year, no, it's not 1 Miss model per $100.00 of purchase. In the past it has been 1 Miss Model for every individual purchase or order of $100.00 or more. So if you and your gaming group intend to pool your order to cut down on shipping, and order a single order of $500.00+, well, you'll have to decide who get's the single Miss model that will come with it.

This information is based on how Wyrd has handled Gen Con every Year since I've been playing, and I started just after Crossroads came out. So while it isn't definitive, because again I am not affiliated with the company, nor do I have any official inside track on how they intend to handle things, this is how they have done it in the past. I'd personally operate under this assumption, unless the company announces a different policy this year.

Didn't see, was there a list of what in the dark carnival is proxying for what?

Aaron said earlier that it'll count as Colette's crew. I'm not interested in Arcanists and have no intention of ever playing that crew but man, those Dark Carnival minis are so amazing... I'll probably end up buying them just for the pleasure of working with such amazing miniatures. They remind me of old Mordheim crew, also carnival -themed.

Dark Carnival is Colette and co.

Prices, how to get, etc etc have not been announced yet. The scenario has nothing to do with how you'll actually get the minis; it's just for fun. The only thing that has been announced related to customers' ability to obtain these figures can be found in the Foreward (I'm sure everyone's read it, right?) -- they will be available at GenCon and on our online store during the same time period.

• Like 2

Aaron, would it be possible to get that lovely cover art without the ad copy/title/etc?

Because I need a new background for my PC and that one's positively lovely.

Nope!

The background is part of art for a TTB book, so that's under wraps for now. Maybe after book release.