June 15th - GenCon Goodies

Lucidicide

A couple questions. Will the Dark Carnival crew have their own cards, or just have the Collette crew cards?

Am I just slow, or am I the only one that noticed that Mr. Cooper looks an awful lot like a certain shock rocker, Mr. Alice Cooper himself??!!!

ad 1. We assume that he will have cards with his name and artwork, but Colette's rules.

ad 2. You are not the first who noticed that. And it's awesome.

So I'm amazingly ready for GenCon and spending wayyyy more money than I should.

However Wyrd, need your help to really go nuts. Of the new release models...

Are we expecting Ironside, Molly, Widow Weaver basically all the May and June release to be available?

Is there any July releases? Or are they just catching up the May/June and preparing for the GenCon releases?

I'm really hoping that the Web Store does have these sets, I have not seen virtually any of the new stuff here in Australia yet.....

Ironsides is available already. Dunno what happened to Collodi though.

Ironsides is on the Wyrd Store web site??

I've not seen her. Basically hoping that the last months releases go up on the store for GenCon sale, I was unaware they had as I have not seen any of them.

Wyrd doesn't make the most recent products released available immediately in their web store. They have a policy to try to support brick and mortar stores as much as possible, so they don't offer the newest releases in the web store until some time has passed, giving local stores the first crack at selling to locals. After some weeks then te new releases get offered in the web store.

• Like 1

Ironsides is on the Wyrd Store web site??

I've not seen her. Basically hoping that the last months releases go up on the store for GenCon sale, I was unaware they had as I have not seen any of them.

I didn't realise you only wanted to buy her directly from Wyrd. I was satisfied to buy her anywhere.

They have a policy to try to support brick and mortar stores as much as possible, so they don't offer the newest releases in the web store until some time has passed, giving local stores the first crack at selling to locals.

Not only brick and mortar stores but all retailers. Other webstores (not Wyrd's) get the goods just as soon as brick and mortar ones.

Don't only want to buy from Wyrd but I am saving for GenCon and given the fact its a only month away and there aren't many brick & mortor stores here in Australia (Sydney) which stock Malifaux promptly I figured I'd wait and add them to my expected GenCon order.

Of course that means they have to be in the Wyrd store for GenCon, my original question. I know Wyrd normally gives B&M's and others first bite but still hopeful that end of July will see Molly, Ironsides and Widow Weaver in particular in the Wyrd store, its a good chance for me to do one order and one freight.

Wyrd doesn't make the most recent products released available immediately in their web store. They have a policy to try to support brick and mortar stores as much as possible, so they don't offer the newest releases in the web store until some time has passed, giving local stores the first crack at selling to locals. After some weeks then te new releases get offered in the web store.

I did not know this. More respect for Wyrd in this increasingly online age.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

MissAnthropelayered.jpg

I'd probably hit that.

-----

I should also point out that Mister Cooper desperately needs a top hat and Colette's new model most certainly doesn't. I'm hoping its a seperate piece so I can swap it to the Coopster. Given that Wyrd models often come with detached ankles I'm guessing it is a good possibility that the hat will be seperate and optional. Given my luck, however, it will be the only piece that makes sense to be detached, yet isn't. ;)

I had to buy a WWX Younger just to get the perfect hat for my WWX Boxer. :(

But it was worth it. :)

• Like 1

Hello guys! Does anybody know, if Jack Daw's box set could be available in transparent or dayglow plastic (like Dreamer or Kirai) ?

No clue. Nothing hinted at in that regard. Maybe Aaron wants to tease a little?

He'll probably just say that yes, someone knows.