June 15th - GenCon Goodies

Lucidicide

Hey Wyrdos,

This Monday's Preview is a bit different than most -- this Monday's Preview is actually just a link to the June Chronicles. It's got numerous previews in there for you of upcoming GenCon goodness, so we thought we'd just send that your way.

June%202015%20Chronicles%20Cover.jpg

Download the Chronicles here. Discuss your thoughts on the Chronicles articles and whatnot here.

Thanks, and have a good day.

• Like 3

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JACK DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need someone to buy a box for me and send it to Ireland PLEASE!!!!! :D

You can ask the Wyrd Store to do that.

well... I might be able to resist the new stuff. I'm not playing the factions those three masters belong to as my focus has almost wholly shifted to ten thunders again.

but that carnival... it's just so awesome... I'm terrified of Penguins and circus stuff, but I can't look away from those sculpts.

yeah.

Though Nathan, I thought we were promised that we'd never see a penguin in the Malifaux line?

So Effigies and Riders as individual releases during the summer. Then Colette and alt-Colette, Wong, and Jack Daw at Gencon. And Miss Anne Trope. Was that all? I mean, all that was in the Chronicle, there is most likely more to come for Gencon. And not that there needed to be any more - this is a mighty haul for a Monday preview! Just making sure I didn't miss anything.

So I realize this isn't a comprehensive list, and that things might change to take things away or add things. However, does that mean it is, at this point, not likely that anything from book 3 will be available at gencon?

Like the sculpts for the Dark Carnaval, but I don't know if I'll buy it. I like Colette, and the showgirls and I'm not sure I'd want alternates that are not also showgirls in some variety. 

I got to say, I am very impressed with this year's Gen Con preview. A true Nightmare crew, not just an unreleased crew. A true Miss model, not just a last minute toss in. All the other stuff is standard pre-lease fare, but I am very impressed. Good job, Wyrd. My faith in you has increased +3. 

Liking the complete departure for the Nightmare crew to completely different characters, that's a little gutsy. And from what I've heard about certain peoples feelings about those things that should never be named around here, perhaps the first true Nightmare edition?

Oh, and 13th Warrior,  +1 for Frenchy and the Punk. They put on a fun basement show.

• Like 1

I was saving up for the new collodi crew box, but now I think I'm going to have to get that dark carnival set instead. Are the stats going to be exactly the same as colette and her crew, or will there be some changes made to make the set a bit more unique?

The exact same. Like they're clones!

/eerie music plays

• Like 1

I really want Wong.

Colette and the Dark Carnival leave me in a quandary.

The Dark Carnival looks awesome, but I love Colette as a character. If I have the money, I may try to get both. I can use them for the most part side by side (Colette invites some circus performers and summons the occasional flying monkey). But honestly, I don't know what I will wind up doing. Especially if another Gremlin Box or Kaeris gets announced later.