My long drunken road - Brewmaster game recaps/Insights

Tiny

Thank you for the write-up! An excellent read.

I was a bit surprised that you didn't take Spring the Trap since, at least on surface, your crew looks tailor-made for it. Fingers is naturally seriously good at it as are Performers but also of note is that if Brewski locks down the opposing Master, you can have quite a bit of time to craft the Trap around him. And your model count was pretty low.

Distract also seemed like a good choice against tough enemies like that and again makes lock-down even more fun.

Yep in hindsight that'd be the 2 schemes i'd go as i was putting schemes down my opponent said he was worried id just spring on him. But yep if i had it to do over again i'd be doing that for sure.

Edit: Also i'd disagree that 8 models is a low model count especially in a reckoning game.

My second game was against Ten Thunders. 

The Schemes and strats were:

Reckoning

A line in the sand

Protect Territory

Bodyguard

Vendetta

Outflank

McCabe's crew was:

Lucas McCabe -- 4 Pool
 +Badge of Speed [2]
 +Glowing Sabre [2]
 +Promises [1]

Kamaitachi [4]
Dawn Serpent [10]
Katanaka Sniper [7]
Katanaka Sniper [7]
Ten Thunders Brother [5]
Toshiro The Daimyo [9]
 +Command the Graves [1]

My Crew:

The Brewmaster -- 7 Pool
 +Binge [1]
 +Hold Their Hair Back [1]
 +Stilts [1]

Apprentice Wesley [3]
Burt Jebsen [7]
Fingers [10]
 +Dirty Cheater [1]
 +Drinking 'Problem' [2]
Francois LaCroix [7]
 +Dirty Cheater [1]
Moon Shinobi [6]
Performer [6]

I took Protect territory and vendetta (performer on a sniper). He took the same except sniper onto francois. Not knowing where his snipers were going to go down i couldnt afford to do the reverse ordinarily that would be the play though.

Crew Explaination:

So down to 1 performer from 2, felt like i saw what i needed in the first game so didnt need to hinder the crew any more so to give them a chance to perform. Wasnt overly impressed with moon shinobi so took just 1 so it could blow me away. The crew lacked punch in the first game so francois is a quick fix to that. Brewmaster didnt even take a wd in the first game so took dirty cheater off him and on goes stilts as i figured if anything is going to dmg him its going to be with a ML strike so that was an easy sell.  Fingers i knew going in was a terrible choice for the crew's scheme and strat pool, was just giving him a chance to do some shenanigans see if there was anything i missed. And burt was in there for extra pushes with crackerjack timing, so i could get everything grouped faster and make brewmaster start doing work quicker.

Result.

Well i got pumped. It'd be something like 8-1 (he missed 1 point on reckoning and 1 on vendetta). I was playing against one of the best players in australia and a sub optimal list and a couple of problems in deployment meant that any mistakes i made i paid sorely for. But i prefer to lose when testing out a new crew as it makes you think about the match up and crew construction that much more, which I have! More on that later.

So his sniper killed wesley first activation of the game and i knew this was going to be an up hill battle from there. Promises on McCabe actually really counters a lot of what the crew does giving a positive on wp and ml duels to a model with an upgrade is rough as hell(and we had a gentleman's agreement before the game not to counter the master, especially as theres so much stuff in 10t that ignores wp duels during its activation that its incredibly hard to lock down a anti brew 10t list). 

Thoughts:

Brewmaster: With wesley dead so early, i should maybe have changed gears and gone way more defensive, but as i said in a previous post i like to test the limits of my masters when i first start playing them. Also with wesley dead and me shoving brew in his face he also got a lot more attention directed at him than he did last game. He died on turn 3 to the melee of the snipers (2/4/5 and positive flips on melee attack, best snipers in the game easy, also helps when he never flipped lower than a moderate on any negative flip). Stilts will be a staple from here on out. making brewmaster ht3 is actually insane, his drinking contest aura not being able to be blocked by ht 2 models. As i said before if he's going to take dmg generally its melee so perfect upgrade(couldnt disagree more with the wiki on this).

Wesley: Really felt the df and wd of 4 with my bad positioning on deployment, never put him in LoS with snipers on teh other side of the board.

Fingers: As expected didnt do much and didnt do much for 13ss which is a huge chunk of crew. His trigger on melee is insane though for the increased lock down with a drinking competition. Main reason he was in was for the that extra lock down from poison and the (0) from drinking problem although dont think i'll be need the upgrade moving forward because of....

Burt Jebsen: OH MY LAWD, this guy in a brewmaster crew is pants on head retarded. Blasts on gun are great, but the real reason i took him was for cracker jack timing. And he did not disappoint at all. being able to go reckless and do it 3 times. It only needs a 3 of any suit to go off, has a range of 10 and a pulse of 6, and needing a 13 wp to resist it on anything in that pulse. Lets be generous and say the average wp across teh game is 6 that means you need 7 so you have over a 50% chance of needing to flip or be clumped up. You either deplete your opponents hand with him trying to stop it or he just lets it happen, then a ht 3 brewmaster starts buying everyone drinks. Staple of the crew moving forward.

Moon shinobi: Again was underwhelming, i deployed him out wide thinking he would be a vendetta target and wanted my opponent to extend to get him but obviously didnt work out. I'm going to give him a couple more shots, but he's done in reckoning crews for now unless im up against ressers.

Francois: He was underwhelming also, the crew i built meant he had to do so much work and it also meant he was the obvious target. Being df 4 was a huge hinderance, more so than normal. I needed to play him either way further back and have him only come in at the end of turn 2/beginnning of turn 3 or just scapel something quickly. But the latter means he would be lost and id again go back to no dmg, i think brewmaster may be one of the few gremlin masters that dont like what francois is selling.

Performer: Did what i thought she would do, bring things into brewmasters aura. Because the opponent was so hyper aggressive i didnt get a chance to set up any cute stuff so she didnt really shine.

What i learnt from this game is the weakness of brewmaster is in the first 2 turns. So when you build a crew you need to build to have a strong opening 2 turns so then brewmaster can pick up speed and then carry you home. Because I had lost 2-3 models in the first 2 turns my opponent had built up too much momentum that it was really hard to bring that back down. That combined with how brilliant burt works with brewmaster were probably the 2 main take aways from this crew.

I'm rematching this opponent either tomorrow or on friday. And I feel like i've absolutely cracked the brewmaster code with the list ive made to bring to it. Quite large changes i'll explain in my next post when im back home.

Cheers for reading.

• Like 6

Ok so we'll be rematching with the same schemes and strat as before. If you cant be bothered scrolling up its here:

Reckoning

Line in the Sand

Protect Territoy

Outflank

Bodyguard

Vendetta

Now as i said i think i've figured out the crew a bit more, i spent a good hour or so going through the faction ability by ability trying to see if theres a hidden gem (i tend to do this quite often when pondering a crew, its how i came to burt). So here's the crew and i'll go through why everything is included afterwards.

Gremlins Crew - 50 - Scrap

The Brewmaster -- 3 Pool
 +Binge [1]
 +Stilts [1]

Apprentice Wesley [3]
Burt Jebsen [7]
Gracie [10]
 +Saddle [1]
McTavish [10]
Performer [6]
Whiskey Golem [10]
 +Dirty Cheater [1]

So as i said in an earlier post i think the weakness of brewmaster is how much of a slow starter he is. So the thought process in this is kind of two-fold. First he's a support/control master, now as a rule i generally try to have 2 models controlling/supporting, so brewmaster is one and performer is the second, burt can also be kind of classified here, perhaps a subtheme for him. The second part of the thought process is that because he's a slow starter we want a crew that's both resilient and has quite a bit of damage to project force and keep your opponent's honest.

Brewmaster: Obviously he's a in a brewmaster crew. The changes i wanted to talk about were the upgrades. Binge is absolute gold no other way around it. Stilts gives him 2 things for 1ss, ht 3 for his drinking contest and the ability to stop a big hit. He used to have hold their hair back upgrade, but i found this was counter intuitive to what i wanted to do in the game, that being build up poison to nuke them later with a performer or to keep them locked down, having to restart the poison debuff on a model even though it was paralysed seemed like doing the same thing twice, as a model with poison drinking every turn is basically paralysed.

Wesley: Obviously bread and butter of the crew, his inclusion is the reason i can go a little lax with soulstones and defensive tech on brewmaster.

Burt: As I said in an earlier post, crackerjack timing is the business in a brewmaster crew. As it goes later into the game I foresee him going reckless doing a cracker jack timing and then using 2 ap to either do scheme markers to fire his gun that has a blast!

Gracie: She's an amazing tank, she effectively gives me 2 activations every turn and saddling brewmaster up turn 1 lets him do so much more work debuffing the enemy crew from his very first activation.

Mctavish: Now i was thinking of putting this guy in from the very first game but i wanted to hold off because i already knew he was amazing and wanted to try out different models and combinations. What makes him so amazing in this crew is that he doesn't randomise when shooting into combat, so that 2/4/6 gun is going to do so much work on those drunk fools around brewie!

Performer: As stated before she's a great support piece for brewie and does a lot of cute things early and then becomes really dangerous late in the game when poison gets high, she's like a mini brewmaster in that regard. The more i play with her in a crew though the more i think she is less integral to how he plays and could be dropped, which the gremlin purist in me loves.

Whiskey golem: Initially when i started the faction i wrote this guy off as trash. Having a couple of games under my belt now with the master of brews i feel like he may sing in this crew. I think i'll need to obey him every turn to bring his defense up to 7 but we'll see, im a little worried going into the game with him having df5 9 wds and no hard to kill. armour 1 is nice but still quite worried. His defensive trigger is amazing. I initially toyed with the idea of giving the golem the drinking problem upgrade as he doesnt have a (0) at the moment, but i dont want to tie up 12ss in something i think may die easily. Dirty cheater on this guy i think will be money and will go a long way to calming my fears with him, the only other card requirements in the crew that are overly demanding is obey from brewmaster/wesley, and cheating to not fall asleep on Gracie. So i think i can safely throw cards in this guys activation to get him there.

Overall im really happy with the crew, i think it may be more or less the base of my brewmaster crews moving forward possibly swapping out performer for 2x bayous and some other things for the all stars like trixie in turf war etc etc

Will report back when we've played.

• Like 3

Edit: Also i'd disagree that 8 models is a low model count especially in a reckoning game.

I worded it badly - I do agree but I meant that you would easily end up with a lower model count than that of your opponent's since he is interested in killing your dudes while you are more about locking down his. Eight is indeed a somewhat high model count for Reckoning.

Ditto on the Whiskey Golem. Seems to be too much of a glass cannon for the high price in stones.

I think they had Obey in mind when he was made, as this is a way to whisk  :)  up his shabby Df.

the problem is that he goes down pretty easy. i would rather invest in more Bayous and a slop hauler to keep em recklessing the game away.

Tiny I hope you don't mind me piggy-backing on your thread but I thought I'd contribute to the Brewmaster experience pool we've got going on here.  I'll be playing a game on Vassal with my buddy tonight and I got these assigned from the @MalifauxSchemes twitter:

Strategy: Squatter's Rights
Schemes: A Line in the Sand, Cursed Object, Breakthrough, Entourage, Bodyguard.
Deployment: Corner

I'm 99% sure my buddy is bringing Ressers.  He's been on a big McMourning kick lately which could make for a very interesting game.  As far as the stratagy goes, with Squatter's Rights I want to have a decent model count to be able to get a hand (or Fingers, hue hue hue) on as many of those squat markers as I can.  ALSO, CORPSALOT, DON'T READ THIS UNTIL AFTER OUR GAME.  Honor system, I'm trusting you even though you're a filthy Resser and I know you're probably going to read it anyway.   Anyway...

A Line in the Sand: Definitely a possibility; going to be on the centerline quite a bit anyway and if my opponent takes it too, I'll have an even easier time of it with Fingers.

Cursed Object: I'm going to assume that it's difficult to take Wk actions when you're stuck partying with the punky brewster. I'm definitely taking this.

Breakthrough: Maybe. A lot of the action is going to take place near the center of the table and corner deployment gives a smaller area to place scheme markers in. 

Entourage: Nope. Unless I'm having to constantly move forward into my enemy's side of the table (which I think is unlikely; with Breakthrough & Entourage in the pool any Wk actions my opponent takes are probably going to towards my side of the table). I'd rather use Brewie's AP on giving people poison & negative flips.

Bodyguard: I rarely, if ever take this scheme; typically if your opponent wants a particular gremlin model to die, it's going to happen.  Squeal! while fantastic, can only do so much.

With that out of the way, let's take a look at the list.  

The Brewmaster -- 5 Pool
+Binge [1]

• Apprentice Wesley [3]
  • Bayou Gremlin [3]
  • Fingers [10]
  • Moon Shinobi [6]
  • Moon Shinobi [6]
  • Performer [6]
  • Slop Hauler [5]
  • Trixiebelle [8]
Gives me a healthy 9 activations to play with. It's no Som'er list, but I'll make it work.

Brewmaster: Does he really need an introduction? He's going to be handing out poison, negative flips, and Binge like a madman. I don't like many of his other upgrades, but depending on the Strat/Schemes they could be situational.  I want to save the Soulstones for his cache, so no Dirty Cheater. That's all there really is to say here.

Apprentice Wesley: Pretty solid totem.  I like to think of him as an upgrade for Brewie that gives an extra AP & the Brewmaster Insurance Policy.  He can use one of Brewie's Ca actions per activation. Have a high  :mask  in your hand? Don't use it with Brewie, save it to surprise Obey an enemy with Wp 3 who somehow escaped the party bubble. Give out some negative flips. He has Wk 6, so he just be able to just keep up with a fast Brewmaster running up the table. I don't want to let him get too close to the action, just close enough so if Brewie bites it he can step up to the plate.

Fingers: I think he's pretty much an auto-include for this pool. Flip squat markers while engaged?  Absolutely. A 6" bubble of "No you may not hand out a Cursed Object"?  Hell yeah. At first I had this spot pegged for Burt with Dirty Cheater for the same reasons Tiny suggested, bunching up guys into Brewmaster's Drinking Contest. But then I looked at the Scheme Pool and I took the hit to my cache to bring in Mr. Fingers. As much as I want to bring out Brewie's full potential, I still want to play the game as I normally would, regardless of working with a new master. 

Trixiebelle: 2 Henchman?  Swervy what are you thinking?  I will tell you. Once Brewie is in party mode, I want to be sure that I get the initiative, and this lady does just that, allowing you to cheat the initiative with Ill Omens.  She's also Reckless with a Wk of 5. The plan is to activate her before Brewmaster, go Reckless, walk twice and user her Gremlin Lure to bring Brewmaster up the table.  I want to get him in my opponents face as quickly as possible; mostly to just disrupt what I need to quickly but also to disrupt any Nico summoning.  But wait; there's more!  Trixie has a wonderful ability called Buy You a Drink that if used correctly (like on a model with low Wp that can't cheat up), it can add a ridiculous amount of poison all at once. That ability leads me to the next selections....  

Performer: Another model Tiny and I seem to agree wholeheartedly on.  She's ridiculous.  You have Siren's Call, which is essentailly a lure & an expunge.  What's not to like? Can't figure out what to do with all that poison you dropped onto a model with Trixie?  Just use your Performer.  She also has the ability to hand out negative flips to Df & Wp with Seduction. To multiple models with the cost of just 1 scheme marker.  Ridiculous.

Moon Shinobi: I've heard mixed reviews with these things, but with many Resser models having Hard to Wound, I'll take the built in positive flips from Drunken Gremlin Kung Fu.  If they either begin or end their activation near Brewie, I can have them use On the House to get Poison +1 for a free 5" push when it ticks down at the end of the turn.  Makes them sort of Nimble.  I'm taking 2.

Slop Hauler: I think a lot of people just see these guys as just mobile gremlin healing stations.  They're so much more!  They have an 8" Cg range with a 2/3/3 :blast  damage track. They can Reckless. I also like that they have Bayou Two-Card because I can see myself not wanting to use a lot of the cards out of my hand with this crew. It's also maybe the best ability ever. Seriously, Bayou Two-Card wins (and maybe loses) games. Also they heal stuff.

Bayou Gremlin: I want activations, and this is a cheap activation. Get that end of turn Cursed Object?  Get into the backfield and drop scheme markers?  Shoot one of my own guys?  The possibilities are endless. Also, Bayou Two-Card

Wow this is the longest post I've ever made anywhere. I'll report back once I've played the game and can type it up.  I'll probably throw up a combined post in the Battle Reports section, too.
  • Like 3

Slop Hauler: I think a lot of people just see these guys as just mobile gremlin healing stations. They're so much more! They have an 8" Cg range with a 2/3/3 :blast damage track. They can Reckless. I also like that they have Bayou Two-Card because I can see myself not wanting to use a lot of the cards out of my hand with this crew. It's also maybe the best ability ever. Seriously, Bayou Two-Card wins (and maybe loses) games. Also they heal stuff.

Not to mention that if they hit the target, the tossed slop lowers the target's defense due to appetizing. Way to pave the ground for the follow up Shinobi hit combo.

• Like 1

So in my game, we got to top of turn 3 because of a late start, we'll have to pick it back up again later, but here's a little update.

He surprised me by bringing Yan Lo, wasn't expecting that.  Probably should have.  Here's his list: 

Resurrectionists Crew - 50 - Scrap

Yan Lo -- 7 Pool
+Fortify The Spirit [1]
+Reliquary [1]

• Soul Porter [3]
  • Chiaki the Niece [6]
+Transfusion [1]
  • Hans [9]
  • Izamu the Armor [10]
+Unnerving Aura [1]
  • Necropunk [5]
  • Necropunk [5]
  • Nurse [5]

He's got some pretty mean stuff in here.  Like Hans. Screw that guy.  Chiaki with Transfusion?  Yup.   And Izamu. Izamu is immune to Wp duels during his activation.  It's not been fun.  It has, but I'm having to think a lot more about the moves I'm making and the map is not helping at all.  Can't remember the name of it, but it's the one in the sewers with the water splitting up the map into quarters.  Sever terrain, it's nasty.  

His list is very good against Brewie. Chiaki can remove conditions from Ancestors & move poison around, Izamu hits like a freight train & ignores the Drinking Contest and Hans is making it difficult to get in close.  

Thus far, I have lost my Bayou Gremlin & Wesley ( :( ).  Some poor movement choices on my part, but it is what it is. Fingers has been clutch, though.  He hasn't flipped any squat markers himself but he's prevented Necropunks from doing it too on his side of the board.   I am however up 2-0 after scoring for Cursed Object and for the Squatter's Rights.  Wish me luck! 
  • Like 1

Yeah.... I haven't shut up about Brewmaster in like a month. I built the box Friday night, played a doubles game on Saturday. Sunday I offered to teach him Vassal since I couldn't make it to a store this week. So it wasn't exactly a surprise.

Link to the map in question: http://wyrd-games.net/community/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=518&id=58&full=1

Edited by McSwervy

Teching for brewmaster by taking infusion in a crew that doesnt use poison at all really, seems not amazing for the opponent to do. I definitely wouldnt be taking a wp 4 nurse against brewmaster if i was teching for him specifically either.

So I played my rematch game vs McCabe using the crew i outlined above. He made a change to his crew (again building as if he was facing gremlins not brew specifically).

His crew was:

Ten Thunders Crew - 50 - Scrap

Lucas McCabe -- 3 Pool
 +Badge of Speed [2]
 +Glowing Sabre [2]
 +Promises [1]

Kamaitachi [4]
Dawn Serpent [10]
Fuhatsu [10]
 +Recalled Training [1]
Katanaka Sniper [7]
Katanaka Sniper [7]
Ten Thunders Brother [5]

So basically straight swap toshiro for fuhatsu. 

I chose protect territory and bodyguard(gracie). He chose bodyguard(fuhatsu) vendetta (a sniper and whiskey golem).

Game ended up being a 7-0 loss. The game didnt reflect the final score however and i feel like im closing in on what brewmaster wants to do in relation to his crew. My crew bar brewmaster ended up getting cleaned up by turn 5. And brewmaster just stood there solo handing out drinks and not dying, he did have to come down off his stilts unfortunately. 

I played this game badly in the positioning of my models. I deployed first and had most of my guys centrally and to the right to the left there was a good spot for mctavish, He had split up his snipers left and right, first activation for him was a focus shot into the golem for a vendetta point. I ended up going for the sniper that shot me (he was on the right) and saddled brewmaster up over there, ultimately because it was so far away from mctavish it effectively took him out of the game and he ended up having a shoot out with a katanaka sniper instead (which he lost).

I have a feeling that McCabe's crew especially with promises will end up being a bad matchup for brewmaster as i get more experienced. The fact he gets positive flips on wp and ml duels if you have an upgrade attached means that if i want to lock something down they will more than likely need swill +2 on them, which then limits the amount of models i can lock down in one go. Also the generic totem + mccabe's spell to hand out upgrades means he has a ton of pushes which then can be pushed out of my aura to negate the lock down. Going forward against McCabe I think i'll be only locking down 1-2 key pieces of his crew and then trying to clean up the others while they cant help out the crew.

Brewmaster: Stilts again showed why it needs to be on him, being able to negate a big melee hit combined with the extra ht for aura means it continues to be a staple. Brewmaster again impressed me with how long he can stay alive with a ton of models trying to hit him (the whole game in this case). What was particularly satisfying was my opponent trying to use the dawn serpent's activation realising he cant do anything so trying to pass ap actions, which is an action in itself so you need to take a test for drinking contest to see if you pass or just drink! Also came to really really appreciate the trigger on his melee this game, MAKE SURE YOU SAVE HIGH CROWS FOR BREWMASTER MELEE ATTACKS! Triggering swill is basically like getting an extra ap on brewmaster its the dream! 

Also used obey for the first time on brewmaster, the stars have to align so much for you to be able to get that spell off with him that you pretty much have to play as if the spell isnt on his card. Was sweet obeying the dawn serpent to bite mccabe so he took a dmg flip + poison 2 instead of just the poison 2 i could of done to him with brew's melee attack!

Wesley: Didnt really get a chance to do anything this game before he got picked off, tried to save him until later activations but going up against that sniper/movement heavy crew meant there was no where really safe he could be for long before they got to him. The performer died and gave him reactivate which he didnt get to use because he got picked off. The idea was to obey the golem to walk turn 1, but 3ss and card gods abandoning my first hand meant wasnt going to happen.

Burt: After seeing what burt did my last game against this opponent he was a priority target and again didnt get to do much before dying, i miscalculated when a brother came at him with the saber upgrade i thought the ignore HTK was a trigger like when mccabe uses it but minions just get everything all the time, so he went down pretty hard.

McTavish: Like i said earlier deployment and where i chose to set up my drinking contest went a long way in making mctavish not do a whole lot of anything this game. He was in a shoot out with the sniper which he lost, but i was getting greedy trying to claw the game back and go for a kill on the sniper (who has htk, how the f...) in 1 activation when i should of been using focus and shooting to put him on htk and make him play more conservatively. He'll be in the next crew i wanna see him shine!

Performer: I'm still working out my activation order on turns 1 and 2 I think i left my performer too late on to activate. I think im also focusing too much on the seduction dream which is harder to come by without a fingers or trixie in the list. I should of used her to get an extra walk out of someone turn 1 for more target saturation for my opponent which would of made him either play more aggressive himself or back off and try and shoot me out, which the extra movement in my crew would of loved. Also next time i take this list in this strategy, i think the performer will be a slop hauler in turns 2 and 3 a feed piggies would of been absolutely magical, not to mention appetising with that many hard hitters would just turn into a lot more dmg going out.

Gracie: I definitely played gracie wrong turn 1, i reactivated her and had her tow brewmaster up the board twice which at the time what i was trying to do was grab a hold of 2 of his models (brother and sniper) and just set up my drinking station there which burt would later of brough people into. What it actually did was make my crew have to scramble to keep up with the brewmaster turn 1 so he wasnt completely left out to dry in turn 2, and bad positioning resulted from that.

What i'll do with Gracie going forward is still reactivate her, but ill have her tow 3 models ~4-5 inches out of the deployment zone turn 1 so the crew will be moving as a horde a bit more up the board. She will definitely be a brew crew the next couple of times as i think she may end up being a solid part of the engine.

Whiskey golem: Ok i take it back, this guy is a beast. moderate 5 on his melee? waaaaaaaaat! dirty cheater was a great upgrade! I dont think i'd take the flurry upgrade on him just yet, how i used him was to keep him quite far back from the fight, then nimble charge something and basically just delete that. He has a threat range of 13 inches, 6wk/6cg. The nightmare edition whiskey golem with a range of 1 inch doesnt feel right but what do you do! Really liked the golem, the defensive trigger of his is madness as well. Especially if u combine it with burt's slippery. 

I should have some more games for you guys shortly, got 2 games lined up tonight! One with the McCabe player again who i think is playing misaki this time but we'll see he's not sure and a rematch with the hoffman player although i think he's on a yan lo kick now having seen what thunders can do.

I've flipped up for the McCabe player rematch and the strat/schemes are:

Turf War

Prot Territory
Frame for murder
Bodyguard
Outflank

Finally Turf war with brewy and not just reckoning all day!!! Turf war from the outside looking in has to be brewmaster's bread and butter. I've also been waiting for it so i can use trixie with brewmaster. The idea of the combo is this. once brewmaster gets to a group of models they stop moving and just drink, so turn 2 he should be able to set up his drinking contest and lock 2-3 models down (because turf war) then, at the end of the 2nd turn trixi will activation and gremlin lure them 3 times to push them back out of the turf war, i'll then cheat the initiative with her the following turn, activate brew, move up and lock them down outside the turf war and hold them out for the rest of the game. Doesn't necessarily have to be turn 2 but thats basically the tech.

Tempted to go something like this for it:

The Brewmaster -- 4 Pool
 +Binge [1]
 +Stilts [1]

Apprentice Wesley [3]
Bayou Gremlin [3]
Burt Jebsen [7]
McTavish [10]
Slop Hauler [5]
Trixiebelle [8]
Whiskey Golem [10]
 +Dirty Cheater [1]

The crew creator doesnt think i can attach upgrades to trixi for some reason, looks like she's not set up as a henchman/enforcer. Just pretend my cache is one less and i have her gun upgrade. I wont play with exactly that crew i dont think as im not entirely happy with it, but some derivative probably.
  • Like 2

Teching for brewmaster by taking infusion in a crew that doesnt use poison at all really, seems not amazing for the opponent to do. I definitely wouldnt be taking a wp 4 nurse against brewmaster if i was teching for him specifically either.

Transfusion to move the poison to another model whose got poison already, then she clears poison off of the one transfered to AND one more. She can empty the poison stack off of three models per activation.

Chiaki/nurse is a popular resser combo. Not surprised to see it really.

• Like 1

I am seriously not waiting for this to hit our meta.

C'mon, it'll be fun!  Just a big party!  

My game is being delayed a bit as I'm going backpacking this weekend.  Thanks for the updates, Tiny.  Definitely wishing I had taken stilts in this game.