Question about 'new' Tara

daniello_s

Hi everyone,

So, I was wondering whether anyone tried to "fix" the mentioned Tara's lack of hole in her chest?

This hole was actually the main reason I wanted to buy Tara from the very start (cause, you know, Tara from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") and needless to say I was a bit disappointed upon finding out there wasn't one on the model.

I would just go ahead and try to go straight through the model with a 1mm drill, but taking my skills into account, there is approximately 99% chance of me ruining the model so I thought I would ask for help and some pointers as to how I should get to it.

Best Wishes
Ozzy

Well, there would be a huge hole because there is one on Tara's arts ;-)

Further more consider that - she's been dead for a while now and I don't suppose the wound heals so it is quite possible it's getting bigger as time passes (especially if Tara actually happens to let bullets go through it).

Oh, and the limited edition model had the hole in it so that's a good reason as well.

Best Wishes

Ozzy

The Nightmare version has an indention, not a hole, though that will make it a bit easier to drill it.

The cape is a separate part on the new one so it shouldn't be that hard to cut away the effect thing on the front of regular version. The rear part of the cape hangs over where the exit hole would be though and it would be more work making a nice looking tear in the cape if you want it to be fully see through.

http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/unboxing-malifaux-taras-m2e-herald-of.html

http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/unboxing-malifaux-taras-herald-of.html

Oh, you're right, it doesn't have an actual hole, my bad. I must have just seen it in a photo or maybe it was just painted that way.

Well, I don't know exactly what I'm going for, I just wanted it to be, as you put it "fully see through", it's just that if I took a drill and started drilling I would most probably end up destroying the model (which is definitely not something I want ;-) ).

Best Wishes
Ozzy