Alright You Silly Guildies - Tell me... Why Justice When You Can Just McMourning Instead?

SpectreEliteGaming

I wonder if the other factions have a tier list as solid as we have here? I don't think that anyone is going to argue that Perdita is anything but the top, and Lucius and Justice are anything but the bottom two options. Don't get me wrong, the balance is still really tight, but it takes a lot more work to get good results out of the people on the bottom than it does for the people on top...

I could easily argue that both Hoffman and McMourning are below Lucius. I'm not sure I would but I could. I think that Justice is pretty safely at the bottom and the top three is pretty obvious but aside from that it isn't very clear cut, IMHO.

Damn the typos around here.

Dgraz, you make this mistake all the time. It's friendly. Not filthy. Check your AutoCorrect so we don't get these awkward situations. ;)

I believe we already determined that I am perfect and incapable of mistakes. All those other times you "corrected" me, I was humoring you as one might a child.

• Like 1

I'm not sure she needs to go up.  She's still a very solid Master.  If something outright needs to die (Assassinate, Make them Suffer, Murder Protoge (if you're happy with 2VPs) then you bring Lady J along.  She might be outshone by other Masters but she's certainly competitive enough to play with.  Personally I didn't like her that much when I played with her because she is a bit too one dimensional (though I've not played enough with her to form a full opinion).

I'm not sure she needs to go up.  She's still a very solid Master.  If something outright needs to die (Assassinate, Make them Suffer, Murder Protoge (if you're happy with 2VPs) then you bring Lady J along.  She might be outshone by other Masters but she's certainly competitive enough to play with.  Personally I didn't like her that much when I played with her because she is a bit too one dimensional (though I've not played enough with her to form a full opinion).

Pretty much agree. Her biggest weakness is getting there.....she isn't too fast, and she isn't defensive enough to survive the trip sometimes. If she were Df 6 or faster, she'd probably be broken.....I think Armor would be too much, but I think Bulletproof would go a long way.

Pretty much agree. Her biggest weakness is getting there.....she isn't too fast, and she isn't defensive enough to survive the trip sometimes. If she were Df 6 or faster, she'd probably be broken.....I think Armor would be too much, but I think Bulletproof would go a long way.

You do know that she gets bulletproof +1 for 1ss?

What do you guys think Justice needs to go up? I`d say HtW/HtK or something like that would be a good start

(this is the model that brought me to Malifaux really)

In my opinion Justice's biggest drawback is that she has a very tiny area of influence for a Master.  She can spend a lot of AP trying to get in position in which she's more threatened than other masters anyway.  If Perdita, say, has a full 15 AP, due to her survivability and movement and threat area created by her range, she often gets to spend 9-12 of it at worst on Master level attacks or actions.  By comparison, Justice can often spend a good 4-5 on movement or dies very quickly, meaning she'll often only get 3-8 Master level AP.

I'm very curious to play her with the Emissary's box port.  The ability to flexibly redeploy her might be just what she needs, but I'm a bit afraid its too resource intensive to fully get the job done.  I think she could definitely be a bit sturdier and she probably needs something that speeds her up, possibly based on enemy actions.  In general though, a melee focused Master is always going to face something of an uphill battle to crack the absolute top tiers of Masters in the game.  They're just vastly more predictable than those Masters that can freely pick targets in a Circle nearly the size of the board or sit back and make their crew operate at Master level all around.

You do know that she gets bulletproof +1 for 1ss?

I thought Implacable was 2ss? If I'm correct then it's horribly over-costed for what it does....and if you're correct it's still over-costed for what it does. Even 1ss AND the upgrade slot isn't worth bulletproof +1...because let's face it, the other ability on there is virtually useless...not much walks away from Ml 7 anyway.

And I don't think +1 is enough....there are far too many guns out there that have 3-4 for moderate damage and she can't take many of those and still be effective. +2 might be enough.

I thought Implacable was 2ss? If I'm correct then it's horribly over-costed for what it does....and if you're correct it's still over-costed for what it does. Even 1ss AND the upgrade slot isn't worth bulletproof +1...because let's face it, the other ability on there is virtually useless...not much walks away from Ml 7 anyway.

And I don't think +1 is enough....there are far too many guns out there that have 3-4 for moderate damage and she can't take many of those and still be effective. +2 might be enough.

Lucky for Lady Justice (not really), her upgrades are pretty shitty, so she can easily afford the upgrade slot. 1ss isn't that bad for Bulletproof +1 if you know you are facing something shooty.

What do you guys think Justice needs to go up? I`d say HtW/HtK or something like that would be a good start

(this is the model that brought me to Malifaux really)

Well a Lawyer can give her HtW. HtK might be a bit much on LJ. Misaki does alright with Bulletproof but she is a tricksy ninja. I struggle to see how we could justify giving a blind woman the ability to dodge bullets with the except of she needs something to prevent her from dying so much. 

She can shoot them around like crazy creating soft cover.

I meant to do something useful. :P

I'm not usually one for idle wishing but it would be nice if she had the Precision trigger off Pistoleros and/or the  :+fate damage on her attack by default. That sword is kind of her whole schtick outside of the anti-resser niche, it'd be nice if she was actually better with it than anyone else.