May 25th - Snowstorm

Lucidicide

Just paint fur on him if you want to. Dgraz has a article in of the Chronicles where he paints the Sabertooth with fur.

Lol....you make it sound so simple. Not everyone is a psychopath like me to do that.....it takes a long time. I'll certainly applaud anyone who goes for it.

Lol....you make it sound so simple. Not everyone is a psychopath like me to do that.....it takes a long time. I'll certainly applaud anyone who goes for it.

Sure it's hard (I've tried it), but that just means I have to practice more. And here Wyrd is helpful enough to put at a rather large model with lots of practice space, everyone should be grateful! :P

Sure it's hard (I've tried it), but that just means I have to practice more. And here Wyrd is helpful enough to put at a rather large model with lots of practice space, everyone should be grateful! :P

How do you get to Carnegie Hall?

Practice. Practice. Practice.

Doing semi-freehand like the fur on a larger model certainly helps (I only got passable on doing freehand by painting woad tattoos on my Hordes Trolls....I really struggled with smaller models until I did the Trolls).....however, the bigger the model, the longer it takes......I thought Cojo was going to kill me.

How do you get to Carnegie Hall?

Practice. Practice. Practice.

Personally I would take a cab.  I don't mind not being on stage there.

Then again, that's probably also why my wife paints most of my stuff.

I'm actually surprised that your eyes survived that Cojo, and the Sabertooth after the fact.

Though with how much carnage that Sabertooth does in games I think it needs some blood splatter on it :-P

I remember your description of having to blood splatter that Kirai,  would love to see your face as you picked up the brush to do so on something like the Cerberus.

• Like 1

I'm actually surprised that your eyes survived that Cojo, and the Sabertooth after the fact.

Though with how much carnage that Sabertooth does in games I think it needs some blood splatter on it :-P

I remember your description of having to blood splatter that Kirai,  would love to see your face as you picked up the brush to do so on something like the Cerberus.

Lol....it's true, I should have just painted it red...that thing should be bathed in blood......and yes I well remember how terrified I was to splatter that Kirai and there's no freaking way I'm doing that to the Cerberus!

Sorry.

No you're not.

Just paint fur on him if you want to. Dgraz has a article in of the Chronicles where he paints the Sabertooth with fur.

I was trying to be grumpy, I wasn't looking for sensible answer :)

Anyway I would agree with Dgraz: previous artwork was better for pretty much same reasons. This one is another "look at my big muscles" model. Painting fur sounds like long and annoying process.

• Like 1

I think its more distracting that models don't actually have "working parts" - especially in mature themed games - just a strange empty space. A vacant crotch or a lack of nipples - you got to be kidding me. :/ Its the barbie phenomenon - and just plain bad pervasive psychology. It's part of why people grow up with built in shame and low self-esteem. In reality, people probably shouldn't question the existence of genatalia - seems like a natural conclusion, no? Makes me appreciate models like those from Mierce or Kingdom Death - you know, models with real "balls."

People might think its weird that I think models of a mature theme should have proper gentalia- I think its fucked how people can progressively condition themselves into rationalizing away the existence of gentalia in a culture of violence and excess. Thank god for Spartacus. ;)

But that's coo - I'll just add it myself - getting good at modelling penises anyway. ;)

• Like 3

Storm was magicked into existence though (in Rising Power) so he do not have the same need for genitalia as a "real" animal. Wendigos in general seems to magical creatures but there isn't much written about them. Also, quite a lot of animals have retractable penises. I would agree that it would be silly if a naked human lacked genitalia, but I would never expecting everything to have it just because (you seemed to expect Insidious Madness to have it as well).

When it comes to Kingdom of Death I think they are going way too far in the other direction, a monster covered in boobies is just looks silly in my opinion.

• Like 3

I think its more distracting that models don't actually have "working parts" - especially in mature themed games - just a strange empty space. A vacant crotch or a lack of nipples - you got to be kidding me. :/ Its the barbie phenomenon - and just plain bad pervasive psychology. It's part of why people grow up with built in shame and low self-esteem. In reality, people probably shouldn't question the existence of genatalia - seems like a natural conclusion, no? Makes me appreciate models like those from Mierce or Kingdom Death - you know, models with real "balls."

Mierce I think does it right in that they don't draw any special attention to it - they are as you describe: parts of the anatomy. But Kingdom Death absolutely revels in them which I don't think is any better than avoiding them. I mean, take Lion God - he has a bunch of hands ripping open a gigantic vagina from which his face erupts with his chin turning into this absolutely enormous giant penis. And of course he had another giant penis coming out of his anus.
  • Like 1

I mean, take Lion God - he has a bunch of hands ripping open a gigantic vagina from which his face erupts with his chin turning into this absolutely enormous giant penis. And of course he had another giant penis coming out of his anus.

"we need more dong on this model." "how it about it shoots one out of its ass" "I feel we need more." "a dick chin?" "you're a genius!"

That lion God is horrible. :D

"we need more dong on this model." "how it about it shoots one out of its ass" "I feel we need more." "a dick chin?" "you're a genius!"

That lion God is horrible. :D

It's like GW and skulls only with dicks and boobs.

• Like 5

I entirely agree with Math - Mierce does it proper and their stuff looks artsy and respectable. It doesn't look like they are trying to draw attention - they are just doing things properly.

Kingdom Death is the extreme, no doubt - but there needs to be a company willing to do the extreme to fill that niche. Wet Nurse actually looks creepy as hell especially if displayed with the proper scene.

I wonder if yetis would have retractable penises? Hmmmm....

I wonder if yetis would have retractable penises? Hmmmm....

They live exclusively in places where temperatures often reach extreme negatives - ever seen a frostbitten penis?

I'm going to be perhaps the only voice of dissent, and say that I prefer the original. I loved the deer horns and the swirly lines. The new one certainly looks more aggressive, but it lost some of the majesty, IMO. Plus, they look like less of a team - Snow doesn't command much attention there.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a really impressive sculpt.

• Like 1