Gen Con 2015 Malifaux Events

Justin

I'm fairly certain if my Killjoy Discarded Oathkeeper and then died he would come back with Oathkeeper.

"The player places a new copy of the model they chose at the start of the Brawl (including its Upgrade) within 6” of the board edge corresponding to the suit flipped and then proceeds with their Activation as normal.."

Correct.

• 1 month later...

I may be wildly mistaken, but I believe the Avatar event will also yield a national champs free ticket (a nice pwrk, though not required to attend). My in responsibilities will keep me away from Gencon again, but I'll be camping the online store. Good luck and fun times to all those who participate ... these events sound great!

I may be wildly mistaken, but I believe the Avatar event will also yield a national champs free ticket (a nice pwrk, though not required to attend). My in responsibilities will keep me away from Gencon again, but I'll be camping the online store. Good luck and fun times to all those who participate ... these events sound great!

Indeed it will!

Victoria - Dang, that's the one I'm in already... you wouldn't happen to have a ticket for the first HH would you? >8) I'm hoping for a dropout on site. Thanks anyway!

Soooooo... I just got an email conveinently showing me all the gen con goodies today. I also just realized I am spending a lot more money than I thought! Need those effigies!!!

I wanted to congratulate Joe and his staff on a very well runned 4 days of tournaments at Gen Con. I appreciate his hard work as well as all of his staff who volunteered. Without you guys stepping up to handle this we would not have been able to play in any organized events at Gen Con.

I also want to thank Wyrd for providing the best gaming tables that I have seen in all the years I have been playing Malifaux at Gen Con. Their tables have been suspect in the past but this year they were nicely done. There were one or two tables that can be a bit rough on crews that dont have flight or incorporal but the majority were spot on. Thanks Wyrd for stepping up and making a major Improvement in this area. 

I also look forward to the changes Joe is making to the format for qualifying for the the Sunday Avatar top 8 event next year. I was critical of using these gimmick events as part of the qualifier when it was announced. I agree that we needed to play it out and see how things went and then make adjustments for next year. I will let Joe reveal what those changes will be but I agree with him and look forward to next year. 

Lastly I wanted to thank all of my opponents that I played on Friday and Sunday at the 50SS events. I had a few nail biters on both days. It was nice to get to the finals. My apologies to Duncan for having a brain fart at the last minute, hiring the wrong crew and causing a rather anticlimatic game in the finals. Ah well bad things happen, right? :)

• Like 3

Congratulations are also in order, I hear, to Guild for winning their first ever Gen Con/Adepticon event. Very well done. I might have misheard but if true very good accomplishment, and speaks well of the current balance of M2E.

Well this was the weekend I decided to dust of my models and maybe give this M2E a fresh look.  So the universe clearly just rewarded me with vindication for the one true Faction! :)

• Like 1

Gencon was won by Sonnia Crid, He was our top seed coming out of Masters in masters he used Sonnia each of his 3 games. In Avatar he used Perdita game 1 had a bye in game 2 thanks to our Table 4 drawing knocking both players out, and Played Sonnia in the finals against Kirai. 

@Sharpobjects-

The community makes it easy to run things like this and Wyrds support really made it a joy. The tweaks are mainly giving masters even more player spots into the avatars and keeping the Hardcore winners as qualifiers. Henchman hardcore is really an interesting event and I would suggest others give it a run, some interesting tactical depth in that format. 

Enforcers Brawl  will be our mixer event, but will not be a qualifier. It worked as intended giving a golden ticket chance into the finals and was a lot of fun. I wanted to try it this first go round as a qualifying event. I saw two things, the people toward the top of the event tended to also do fairly well in the masters format. The format meaning enforcers brawl is far 2 random and swingy for my liking. Worth the experiment for sure.

Our two closests games in avatars were between the number 3/4 qualifers from masters each vs a winner of the henchman hardcores. Including the first round tie, both of those players also did fairly well in masters. 

@Dan- Us old timers have to stick together can't let these young guys kill us all off you know. Also I liberally resurrected your old Avatar format, as it has always been my favorite and it has aged well just like you. It fits Gencon well.  Also tremendous to Hear that you've seen the light and will embrace Ressers beings you are going to be playing the one true faction. lol

• Like 2

I had an awful game against Duncan's Perdita in the first round of Avatar. I dropped the wrong team for the master and the board because I was expecting Sonia and really wanted to shoehorn the emissary into a list with ZERO practice.

And I'd like to second that the final table of the enforcer brawl was a group of serious players. Everyone claims that it's too swingy and random, and I can respect that, but skill gets you past that a lot of the time. It wasn't four scrubs at that top table.

• Like 1