Gen Con 2015 Malifaux Events

Justin

Now I'm tempted to try to run Ashen Core and just sit there.

They could walk up to you an be blasted by pulses of death. And you get an upgrade. I suggest scramble just to waste the slot Or oathkeeper to burn it for fast you still can't gain. Nor being able to drop the scheme marker if you die.

But ikiryo is a valid choice. You can't be slow or paralyzed.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this has already been asked elsewhere or if it belongs on a different thread, but are there any non-competitive story scenario events like the "Last Off the Train" and "First into the Breach" games that Wyrd ran at Gencon 2013? As a non-competitive player, I really enjoyed those events and found them to be a good introduction into timed organized play, officiated by a henchman referee but without the pressure of a tourney.

Question not answered - phrased in a different way - what do we get for winning (ie. prize format - other than qualification) and will there be a painting award? (overall - or for particular events?) >8)

Thanks!

There are no painting contests tied to any of the Malifaux competitive events (although painting is required).

Gen Con has a painting contest and I believe Wyrd has a category, but you will need to check the Gen Con events listings for that. There are no painting contests as part of the tournament.

For prize support, I don't know/can't say yet. Prizes are generally allotted from the models we have on hand at Gen Con (nightmare editions, miss models, etc) and we have not announced those yet.

• Like 1

Apologies if this has already been asked elsewhere or if it belongs on a different thread, but are there any non-competitive story scenario events like the "Last Off the Train" and "First into the Breach" games that Wyrd ran at Gencon 2013? As a non-competitive player, I really enjoyed those events and found them to be a good introduction into timed organized play, officiated by a henchman referee but without the pressure of a tourney.

No, all Malifaux events are listed above. The Henchman and Enforcer events may be something you would be interested in, however, as those are less competitive. :)

• Like 1

Justin, as you are being incredibly awesome and answering many question right now--is Wyrd running their speed painting contests themselves or is an outside group handling that? Would this be the appropriate place to pose a question regarding those?

Justin, as you are being incredibly awesome and answering many question right now--is Wyrd running their speed painting contests themselves or is an outside group handling that? Would this be the appropriate place to pose a question regarding those?

No, it's not, this thread is dedicated to our competitive Malifaux events. :)

I don't know about the speed painting specifically, unfortunately. I think it is likely the speed painting is being run by another group, but I can't say for sure. It's just not something I have knowledge of.

Oh, I certainly wouldn't have expected it to change this year, and I love the for fun stuff way more than the competitive, which begs the question, what happened to the achievement league and story encounters? Why focus on qualifiers for the Avatar as all of the events?

It's all about attendance.

We had very poor attendance at the second qualifier event so that was cut, and poor attendance at the story encounters, so they were cut. If we don't fill our events we lose the space. And that's not just space for us to run events, but you to have fun games on during down time.

The achievement league does usually have decent attendance, but we're just focusing on other things this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see it back next year. :)

I'm fairly certain if my Killjoy Discarded Oathkeeper and then died he would come back with Oathkeeper.

"The player places a new copy of the model they chose at the start of the Brawl (including its Upgrade) within 6” of the board edge corresponding to the suit flipped and then proceeds with their Activation as normal.."

• Like 1