New Webstore Issues

We recently got in a large restock on the metal base inserts, so these are in fact back in stock.

:)

That's actually really good to hear. I've been a bit worried that all the metal accessories/inserts will eventually disappear as stock runs out. So if you plan to keep them available then that's great news as far as I'm concerned!

• Like 1

It appears there is no longer a way to add comments to the order.  Aside from a fun way to add feedback, it causes a problem as certain processes require comments.

*edit*  Looks like this exists(after reading through some previous things) but can only be done from within the shopping cart.  Threw me off as I was expecting this after I clicked on checkout.

Not sure if it should show it or not, but on the e-mail confirmation it does not show which shipping option was selected.  When going back into the order review, the shipping choice is shown.

Mentioned earlier, the auto zoom also is a bit wonky on the base insert pages as well.  The zoom image hovers over the normal image, causing something that is not a larger image to sort of wobble around and you can see the original image behind it if you move the mouse off to the side(at least on chrome)

Also, not a bug but more usability feedback, personally I find the auto zoom on the images incredibly distracting when I am attempting to scroll through the page, and it is difficult to see the edges of the zoomed image since if you move the mouse slightly too far to the side that you go outside the bounds of the image it snaps back to the original non-zoomed size.   Also, since the menu items drop down over the images, I find myself occasionally moving the mouse off the side of the drop down menus causing the menu to snap shut and the image to zoom.  It might work better if you needed to select one of the images in order to have it zoom(sort of like how amazon works).  But as stated, that's more personal preference rather than an actual defect.

Well when entering the address information, I live in a St. ______ city, the first letter after the St. should be capitalized but is not... so let's say... St. Lawrence... appears as St. lawrence... not a terrible issue but still kind of can probably bug people.

From a user experience perspective -

I'm shopping via mobile, and every time I add something to cart, it takes me to the shopping cart, which can be annoying if I wanted to add more things from the previous list of items. Ideally, items should be added to the cart without going to the cart screen unless I'm ready to check out.

This is especially applicable when I've just applied some filters/tags to look for say, limited items. Then I have to redo the filters again since going to the shopping cart resets my search.

I'm using Chrome on Windows 7. When I clicked on the cart icon in the top right of my screen it pulled down a tab but it was all black rather than displaying my item. or any text.
Also, the search function won't bring up any suggested product if you spell a word or name wrong. For example while Hoffman brings up all the appropriate items (Of Metal and Flesh, Arsenal 2), Hofman (one f) brings up nothing.

-Stan

The Picture zooming on mouse over is wacky.  The picture is still very clearly in the background.

A few items where this causes interesting visual problems:

1. Alt Perdita (her thumb and zoom images are two seperate images, so "zooming" on the thumb image is not productive.

2. NE Whiskey Golem (his only image is the zoomed image, so mousing over makes him twins)

3. War Wabbit (The bottom of his art is transparent, so you can only see chunks of the non-zoomed art underneath)

4. Children of December blue transparent (The zoomed box isn't as large as some others, so the old one peeks around it)

Aside from Alt Perdita, if you just throw a backing image up on these to hide the "under image" you'd be good I think.

-----------------------------------------------

edit:  Not seeing Misaki box come up in the Outcasts listing either.

I noticed that if you searched something like "Edition"  "terreaclips"  "Puppet wars" that not only products come up but information from the F&Q, News, About us.. any mention of the word came up.  I am not sure if that is intentional or if you want to keep the search to products only.  A single article may not sem like much now; but a year from now or more it might get congested.    This likely isnt an error.. but i know shipping was an issue before.  I wanted to get the carver, even though I am suppose to be saving money for GenCon.  But the 8$ as Cheapest shipping option to Illinois talked me out of it.  If that is best option commercially, I understand. But seemed a lot for one model that could be sent first class for $3.

Okay so all works pretty well (including the spending part ;)

I did notice a bug that caused several images to not load properly.

I am using a Mac but this shouldn't cause the problem as some images are loading and not others.

Predominantly there is an example the home page:

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-16%20at%204.14.3

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-16%20at%204.13.3

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-16%20at%204.14.2

As you can see the second image, the scrolling banner is blank. 

There are several throughout the store as well. I didn't screenshot these however.

Bug reported>?

Cheers :)

I'm on mobile too,and encountered the auto - zoom annoyance (android,using Firefox). I see this a lot on mobile though, so didn't really worry about it.

Other thing, and I'm being picky here, is in the FAQ: 'Often they have more information, and many stores of Henchmen who can help.' Should this read 'Often they have more information, and many stores HAVE Henchmen who can help.'?

Like I said, I'm bring picky, but if English isn't your first language FAQ'S in particular need to be in nice clear language.

Great job so far though!

Okay as I have gone to check out i have encountered another issue. It seems that I can't swap between master card, visa and paypal. Hopefully that second radio button in the payment area is for paypal as i only have a master card and not a visa... and I want to place my order :D

I am, once again, using  mac and there are additional images which are not loading that are in my cart this time.

Another screenshot attached:

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-16%20at%205.26.1

I just placed an order. Went through the stages of adding items, address details and then credit card info. However i couldn't see anything about shipping. Could have missed it. Not sure if there were difference options or not. I did get an email confirmation and it said $29.95 for international shipping  

Being redirected to the store after a failed PayPal payment, I was shown a couple messages that looked more directed to you (the seller) than me (the buyer).

I grabbed one for you:

11tudjb.jpg

(for the ones holding their breath, I managed to complete order on second try. looks like my Rasputina will have her golem, at last. and it will be a transparent one! :))

Hello.

I have 6 items in my cart, but I want to delete one of those choices. How do I do that? Also, it looks like Paypal is the only option for payment. I believe that was an issue with the Easter sale, but I could be mistaken. 

Edit: Nvm, think I figured it out.

I don't know if this count as bug  or if someone has counted it, but I fell on a page where were registred all the things that were in sale, in every category

and the name didn't fit properly with the logos: for example the logo Gremlin was with the baby orphanage name, and the logo of the baby orphanage logo

was much bellow with another name (don't remember (the name of an other product), etc.....

I've found something which could be an annoyance rather easily. In the cart where it says "Special instructions for seller", there is no character limit. So if someone wanted to be a dick, they could spam an infinite number of text in this box.

Not that anyone would do that, but before someone (annoyingly) does..... :)

Speaking as someone who does computer security, yes people will do that and it can be a major problem.  Wyrd please make sure your database inputs are limited (to prevent overflows), and sanitized (to prevent injection attacks).  If you don't know what this means hire someone who does immediately.  Online stores are popular targets for stealing credit card info.

• Like 1

Saw a little wart. To reproduce:

1. Add some wonderful items to your shopping cart.

2. Start typing your email address, but only get halfway through.

3. Notice "Oh, hey, there's a login link" halfway through typing email address. Click that with email address half-written.

Expected result: Get redirected to login immediately, since that's where you clicked.

Actual result: An autocomplete suggestion for the full email address comes up, and you have to click again to log in.

Another little one:

1. When checking out, enter a shipping attack.

2. Select a separate billing address.

3. Fill it out but totally forget to enter your phone number a second time.

Expected result: Error message "Can't be blank" for phone number.

Actual result: Error message "can't be blank and can't be blank" for phone number.

Finally relented and checked out a nightmare smoke Tara as my second order. After paying, I realised there were no charges for shipping and I did not get to select any shipping method. Went back to check my orders and the first one had shipping charges + shipping method indicated, while the second order did not.

Not sure if it's a bug that the shipping wasn't charged, or a value added feature where the second order will be tacked on to the first since it hasn't shipped, although I suspect it's the former.

Not sure if this one is a bug or not, but I just received an e-mail about an item that I left in my shopping cart but did not complete the order for.  When I clicked on the link, my cart was empty until I logged in.  Once I logged in, the site showed 1 item in my cart.  I believe I added this item to my cart yesterday while logged into the site, then after closing and reopening the browser(which logged me out) I removed the item from my cart.  I just repeated the process again where I added an item to my cart, closed browser, reopened browser and removed item from the cart without logging in.  After logging in my cart was still empty.  I will see if I receive another e-mail tomorrow.

More troubling however:

Clicking on the link in the e-mail again with something in the cart, brings you to the checkout page with whatever is currently in the cart, not what was listed as left in the cart previously.  In this case, I was not logged in but the link brought me straight to a checkout page complete with my previously saved address.  Copy/Pasting this link in another browser window or even on another PC also brings me straight to a checkout page with whatever is currently in my cart, meaning that it is not reliant on any locally stored cookies.  

So if in Chrome I add Tara to my cart, on another PC follow the e-mail link, I am brought immediately to a checkout page for the Tara I added to my cart in the chrome window.  Thankfully payment information is not stored or this would be a very large problem, but I don't like that my personal info can be grabbed if anyone ever gets/guesses the link somehow.

The ID seems to be saved on a per browser/session basis.  If I log in and add an item to my cart from an incognito window, this does not update the checkout page for the link that was contained in the e-mail,  however if I add it in the original chrome window, it does.