Imbued Protection?

madaxeman

Yeah. I came to this game after the testing, but I can see that at 1SS it would be very tempting indeed.

At 1SS it would be good value, but as its a DF buff that's not entirely constructive, and so it would be a decision based on whether it was right to pick it in competition with other upgrades for a slot on Henchmen and Enforcers

I also - to pick up on another poster- like the idea of a "rouge Necromancy". You'd have to be very careful about applying the makeup though!

All I know is von Schill can't land a single strike on Mei Feng. :D

So not true, Mei Feng is the primary Arcanist Master I see in my area and I've stabbed her up a fair few times with Von Schill. You've not yet learned how to channel your inner Outcast yet. You still have too many necrotic fluids coursing through your Resser veins to truly be an Outcast player ;)

So not true, Mei Feng is the primary Arcanist Master I see in my area and I've stabbed her up a fair few times with Von Schill. You've not yet learned how to channel your inner Outcast yet. You still have too many necrotic fluids coursing through your Resser veins to truly be an Outcast player ;)

Well I do agree. Every single game with Von Schill I keep thinking I would have none of these problems had I been playing Rezzers.

Breng77: 
While that makes her real tanky, I don't think she needs any upgrade at all to be used as a bodyguard or entourage target. Just play her real cowardly hiding behind terrain.

If you want her to fight a lot it's a good upgrade for her though. Although I tend to be somewhat careful with my bodyguard target.

May be worth taking on kang with his other upgrade for slapping opponents back if the try to hit him.

That's 4ss of upgrades on a 9ss model. Not worth it.

Its even better than 2 wounds. It acts like a soulstone reduction flip, garanteed a moderate card.

That means it can be used to prevent after damaging triggers by reducing to 0.

If it didn;t have to be discarded to do the dmage prevention it would be much better, as the choice to use the reduction at a good time, or hold on to the Df boost is what costs it use at least to me.

I've never done this myself cause I personally don't like Mei Fang (I've always preferred support over hitty masters), but in a game where bodyguard is on the table, take Kang with Imbued Protection and sit him in the middle of the table, and then DON'T take bodyguard on him. Your opponent will see that model in your list and spend all game trying to take him down, meanwhile Kang smacks everyone around and holds them up and you're off getting points everywhere else. Just make sure to take a scheme that you can reveal late in the game to keep up the ruse. If you have the extra ss, take the counter attack upgrade on him, but Imbued Energies or Warding Runes are just as good.

That's funny.

OT - I don't find Mei Feng to be a particularly beat stick master, min damage 2 really limits her carnage potential against anything without burning on it unless you get them and a friend backed into a corner... I (try to) use her for disruption, for mobile support, and for venting steam as often as possible. I rate her similar to Kaeris in terms of being a support master who's pretty fast and can kill things but doesn't directly synergize much with her crew. My $0.02

I like it on Cassandra with Smoke and Mirrors, I like it on Mei Feng. They both have "If you miss, and I have a mask, I'm canceling your charge or your flurry". They both have less than typical wounds, so it can keep them alive a lot longer.

I was in a tourney the other week, and VS. a Lilith crew, with a Silent One doing some support heals and a lot of stones, she took 2 red jokers from lilith, a red joker from Lilitu, and finally a third RJ from Lilith (making it four red jokers across 5 turns) finally biting it in the fifth. The quote of the match was, "SHE CAN'T BE STOPPED!"

I think I've put it on Firestarter- DF7 is great, especially with his DF trigger. I've put it on the captain, and I've put it on ironsides. Ironsides is an odd duck- you want her to be hit, but if you don't want her to die, it gives you more control over the severity of the hit, and if they happen to flip RJ, you can sac it and a SS to give you min 3 prevention. 5 if you get a little lucky.

ENinja