New Player, Starting Arcanists

retnab

Hey all, I'm interested in starting up with Malifaux and after skimming the site and wiki I think the Arcanists are the faction for me!  I just had a few questions before I put my money down that I hope you all can help me with.  First off, are the Arcanists a viable faction, especially for someone with effectively 0 experience with the game (though a few years in 40K and Warmachine)?  Second, I'm especially interested in Ramos, Mei Feng, Colette, and Kaeris, do they work well together?  Lastly, I'm looking on the site's store page but I'm only finding a small handful of Arcanist models there, do you know where I can find the rest?  Thanks a bunch!

Welcome to Malifaux!

Yes, Arcanists are viable, just like all the others. No underdog factions in Malifaux!

Yes, your chosen Masters will work like a charm.

Not all models are out in plastic yet, due to the edition change, and Wyrd doesn't sell the old ones anymore. What are you missing?

Welcome! Dirial is 100% correct in his answers.

Arcanists are really fun and viable and your chosen Masters complement one another perfectly (I would go so far as to say that they are the perfect four of the Arcanists synergy-wise).

As for the models, Kaeris' box, for example, is not out yet, nor is Colette's. Also note that Wyrd Store is not the quickest way to get the minis since they allow other stores to sell new stuff first (for a couple of weeks or so) and only then offer it in their own store.

Mei Feng's and Ramos' boxes make for a fantastic start. You could complement them by also getting the Metal Gamin and then play some games.

Thanks for the quick responses!  For models not on the store I was eyeing Kaeris and Colette, along with a couple minions like the Mechanical Rider and Mobile Toolkit.  I do have a nearby LGS that I know sells them (I try to support local when I can), but I was concerned that if they weren't on the website I wouldn't be able to order them in.  Do we know when those models will be available?

That's exactly what I figured my buy list would be, also with a Rail Golem (it just sounds so fun).

Also, if you aren't solely interested in the plastics, a lot if the models have been previously released in metal. So some online stores still have stock, and you might find specific pieces on eBay or other trading sites. There are a few masters like Toni Ironsides and the brewmaster that are entirely new to m2e, and so don't have a metal release, but if you want the metal you still might be able to find them.

Just as a point of clarity when people mention they haven't been released.

Welcome to Malifaux.