Iron Quill- Identity, Results!

edonil

Sorry everyone, my computer is still acting up and being stupid. Slowly getting this thing around. Modern technology. (shakes head) Sorry. Thanks for your patience, it's appreciated.

Anyone, here's the results for the round!

In third place, we've got a joint pair of Ferossa with The Ballad of the Witch Hunter Mage and Haunter with Choices!

Runner up is Hateful Darkblack, who wrote A Year at Work.

And in first place is Bogo with Ageless Beauty!

Congrats you guys. :)

Anyway, the new round will be starting up on Monday, May 4th. I've got this system up and running enough to work for that. Once again, apologies for how long it's been.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind a bi-monthly contest with prizes for the winner and runner-up. The extra time allows for more editing and the potential for different submissions from the same author. As a reader, the runner-up stories are so good that I think they deserve prizes for what they add to the fandom. The Judge's Challenge is low-stakes writing exercise in the interim and a good way to draw out new writers.

Just my opinion. My ideal situation is for Iron Quill to work pleasantly and well for everyone involved; I'm not too picky about the execution.

• Like 1

Interesting thought.  I think I'm more of a fan of the monthly Iron Quill.  So far it seems to take me 2-3 weeks to write and edit a piece, which fits nicely.  I like the excitement of watching other stories appear, and the anticipation of the voting.  I think the slower pace of bi-monthly would make it hard to maintain the momentum.  I do like the idea of the Judge's Challenge exercises as an additional bit of grist for the mill given what a helpful feedback-looped community this group seems to be.  

Congrats to everyone for another installment of interesting and diverse entries.  Such a pleasure to read and digest.  Big props to Bogo for a really neat piece.  A well deserved win!

• Like 2