50SS Guild Vs Resser list -seeking advice

Carcosa

So, I have been bugging everyone in chat (sometimes about this list) for the last week as I am getting a game in on Tuesday.

Setup: Corner Deployment

Terrain type: Sewer terrorclips board with sewer flow counting as 1/2 move. Plenty of buildings so not huge fire corridors on the ground.

Strategy: Turf War

Scheme pool: L.I.T.S, Cursed object, Distract, Breakthrough, Power ritual

Core list:

Lucius

x2 Austringers

x2 Death Marshals

x1 Lawyer

x1 Sargent

x1 Pistolero

Total Cost: 41 SS

For the other 9 stones, I was intending to decide on the day depending on exactly what the terrain looks like, so if there is a decent sniper perch I could take Nino or Hans, if it is a total maze I could add a Exorcist for example.

The schemes I have been recommended is Distract and Cursed, or one of them and Power ritual, both options sound ok to me (I am more inclined to go cursed and Power ritual myself, but I am open to suggestions).

As for what I am expecting to face, I am pretty sure he will use his Seamus crew, quite possibly with a killjoy add on as he has not played his seamus for quite some time, so something like Seamus, mini hater, bete, 2 belles, killjoy and a few other bits and bobs.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

The scheme pool is certainly a good one for Lucius, but be careful about the buildings blocking line of sight between your minions, Lucius and your buffing models. Lots of cover is for Austringers and for scoring Turf War while avoiding engagements, they also love Cursed Object as they can easily deny points with their (2) action. Distracting something and boxing it is also a classic combo. 

I think all the schemes are doable, if the board is pretty dense then Breakthrough is probably easier than Power Ritual and interferes less with the strategy. If you're going to take both Distract and Cursed Object you could actually swap some of your stuff for additional Guild Guards. They're quite good at tagging models with those conditions and making them waste AP, as well removing the odd scheme marker. You whether the buff from the Pistolero is going to do more than better melee and condition removal from a Witchling Stalker.

For your spare points a Doppelganger is good for all these schemes because of Don't Mind Me. The Secret Assets upgrade on Lucius can also help nail enemy scheme runners on a cluttered board. 

taking a witchling stalker is in the short list of models to add, or replace the pistolero with.

One trick I am considering is taking the governers proxy and draining the control hand with the stringers and putting him into killjoys charge range. with no good cards he should fail the governers influence WP13 test on averages and drop dead :P

That'd certainly be cool, but I think there's safer places to invest your soulstones! 

Also, don't forget Killjoy can choose to charge anyone in range so if you do want to force his hand you'll have to get all your other models out of range.

Plus, charging him with a Death Marshal and stuffing him back where he came from is also pretty stylish.  :)

that is the plan :P

Basically, I want to set up the 2 DM's the lawyer and the pistolero within the 6" turf war bubble and just sit there unless I need to move, pistolero for  :-fate on attacks, and use the lawyer for the hard to wound. ( :-fate :-fate for damage flips on marshals sounds really solid to me). If the proxy can keep up, all that plus healing should be able to sink a lot of AP's and survive.

Sounds good. You'll probably need something else for running schemes though with so much of your force devoted to the middle, unless you go for the ones that target enemy models. Watch out for the Hanged, it's nasty if your guys are bunched up. The Lawyers Aura will help quite a lot, but they can take healing right of the table and force lots of duels through.

Looking forward to hearing how the game goes.

Hanged is not a model I expect to face from this player, but it always pay to expect the unexpected :)

shall read more about ressers I don't expect to face as we have a general "proxies are fine" in our social games.

I do intend to do a write-up after the battle, so the notebook is packed, also this is the first time I will be running Lucius and the guardsman part of the guild, so I need to make some notes on what suits to be looking for and such as I am used to just looking for rams with the Latigo posse :D

• Like 1

Given the scheme pool, I like the suggestion of Doppelganger, I might consider Tannen to replace the pistolero if you are going to pay for surprisingly loyal.  His anti-interact aura can put a real hurt on all of those schemes, and his other aura will make it uncomfortable to stay in the turf war zone.  And a - to charge Killjoy is a sad killjoy.

Against Seamus, primary target is copycat killer since it hits hard, but goes down easily. Also try to keep Seamus in LOS after he make his first backalley to limit his movement since he is the best model to do power ritual for opponent. Sounds like he is going with some big hitters so cursed object is fine because he doesn't want to spend Killjoy's turn removing it (if he even can since he has to charge most of the time). With your List Line in the sand is doable as well since you have at least 2 finish the jobs and lucius can drop markers all over the place with what lackeys are for. Also don't be afraid to tank Killjoy with Lucius if he is in your face, just make sure to stone for red tape if you don't have the high ram. Also be careful with belles pulling you out of the turf marker area, so break LOS if possible because your not going to avoid the lure very often.

• Like 1