April 6th - Jack Daw

Lucidicide

Isn't his story in Crossroads just him gliding around, laughing, and killing people?

He's completely, utterly insane and having a blast.

He is described as being drawn to a place where there has been a betrayal, murdering everyone regardless if any one individual has ever betrayed anyone. Then he is drawn to next place, rinse and repeat. As described he completely lacks agency, being more of a force of nature. There certainly isn't any indication that he is "having a blast". A character that lacks agency can have a roll as a side character but as the main (which I expect a Master to be) I find them utterly boring.

Stupid wyrd and their pretty models tempting me to yet another master.

May as well just get everything eh?!

Wyrd are great at doing this in a way that doesn't make you feel like your wallet is bleeding out.

As someone in my gaming group said last night; first it was the Viks, then Levi, then everything else in the game :P

It's true - this game more than any other makes you want everything in the whole damn game. Warhammer? I'm cool with my sexy chaos dwarves... I'd only ever look into outlaws/lawmen in WWX (not doing another game though) but this game? I want freaking everything.

JD's my favorite master and I had overly high hopes for this one I think. Aside from Mei Feng this might be the worst crew box in the game for me (just my opinion). :(

But then you see something like Ironsides and its... Mother of God! B)

----

IMO JD is most deserving of a nightmare edition. Pretty please. With sugar on top.

First JD was creepy. This one looks... very healthy. A lot of gym visits during this breach shutdown years i guess.

Hoffman and JD are new gym bro's. They're doing major reps at the new gym in town: Shredtown. Gunslingers have been seen there as well.

Honestly, it's a rare miss from me, but only because I love the original sculpt so much.  I've always pictured Jack as sombre and menacing, although the new story in Crossroads doesn't support this view. This new sculpt definitely supports that story well, but I like the original better.

That said, I'm still going to buy the box when it comes out anyway...

The feel I got from the Crossroads story is Jack doesn't just deal out vengeance, it becomes an elemental force like a riot. Which, being my opinion, I like a lot more than just another menacing figure. This is one of the boxes I am waiting for based just on fluff. 

That's the impression I got too, and I think it allows for some neat character development.  I love the artwork we've seen for the other members of Jack's crew, and I own the new plastic Hanged (which are excellent by the way), so I can't wait for the box to be released.  Plastic Jack Daw will find use as something - avatar maybe?

• 1 month later...

I don't know why everybody is complaining.

And for my second Jack Daw, I'm gonna paint his pants red, his skin white, put an electric guitar in his hands, call him Doof, and play this when I put him on the board:

https://youtu.be/tQBnlWAMq_Q?t=3m54s

I believe you have answered your own wondering why everybody complains.

Because you can do that to Jack Daw.