April 6th - Jack Daw

Lucidicide

Well the render is a lot better than the art. But my god is he shredding that guitar. Glad he's getting the rest of the band to go with him.

Almost exactly what I thought.

I'm happy to have my darker 1st edition Jack, but if I run him band-heavy, I'll have an alt sculpt :)

...Alternatively, I can still hold out hope for a little longer that a set of house rules for one-off avatar games becomes generally accepted, in which case he could do avatar duty.

My man Jack Daw... yup, that is serious air guitar.

Why not have him arched waaaay back with both hands outstretched and down like he's levitating into the air bellowing "Noooooooooo....!!!" One hand up and one hand down = air guitar - you just wait for the conversions to pop up :(

I'm going to rip off his head and put it on the really long skinny hanged and call it a day I think... I can't get behind this one. Otherwise maybe I'll try to convert it for the pose or just stick with the original.

One of my favorite masters but I'm not loving the box unfortunatey, maybe I was looking for a more spirit-look rather than rotten blood and guts. The new guilty will make good terrain pieces though. ;)

• Like 1

I admit that I didn't think of the air guitar thing when I first saw him, but now I can't unsee it... Also the rope looks really thick when compared to The Hanged, I mean are we hanging people or anchoring battleships?

Probably wouldn't have gotten him anyway though, the story in Crossroads made him out to be super boring.

This looks super-awesome. If I were to give a bit of critique, JD's palms, sole (the one not flat on the base), and calves should be a liiiiittle bit more scarred up. My rationale comes from a few thoughts:

a ) for hands, making the palms (and calves, too - the soles are more a nitpick as not many will see the exposed one) scarred would add texture which helps painters some.

b ) the bastinado was/is a real torture device, and gave its victims extreme difficulty in walking. As it is a torture device and we are talking about the Master of Torment, I just think it stands to reason that JD would have a bit of texture there too. But again, as many wil ignore the Hangman's feet so close to a base, this is a nitpick.

But seriously, Jack Daw looks super-awesome from where I am. Keep it up!

~Lil Kalki

zFiend - The only thing I'm worried about in that regard is that, given the pose of the other hand, if you just switch the one hand around it might look like he's flying backwards after just getting shot by a shotgun or something. You'd have to drop the left arm and switch around and drop the right arm to get the pose I'm talking about. Go ahead, get a mental picture of that I'll wait... you know it looks better. ;)

Okay, but seriously guys, you need to stop it... now I can't not look at his tight ass.... and guitar solo... #@<*!!! I can't let this happen to Mr. Daw. I'm making it a priority to convert this guy asap otherwise burn him at the sprue! >8)

Maybe if we say "tight ass guitar solo" enough times he'll magically change like how Collette got a top hat?

"Hey, Jack... nice tight ass guitar solo." It works on so many levels... and now I can't stop laughing.