Tales of Malifaux

Lucidicide

It has been submitted to Itunes - I'm sure it'll be on there in a few days (not really sure the time period on that).

As for the content, at the moment we're using it for stories, etc, but we may expand upon the Breachside Broadcast in the future with other options. Right now, Tales of Malifaux is what is tuned in over the aethervox. 

:)

• Like 2

FYI and for the record, the podcast is called Tales of Malifaux.

Breachside Broadcast is our "channel" name, which may, at some point, release other podcasts as well. We're considering doing some game designer chats and whatnot as other shows on the Breachside Broadcast. At this point, nothing is determined, but I wanted to let you all know.

Podcast = Tales of Malifaux

Channel = Breachside Broadcast

Also, I got the confirm from iTunes that it has been approved, which means it should show up in the next couple of days.

• Like 1

About the podcast - I'm an avid player of Malifaux, albeit with a hearing impairment in the severe-to-profound range (basically the last step before total deafness). I have cochlear implants, which helps some, but for me, it's very difficult to listen to speech without a secondary frame of reference (lipreading, captioning). Without those secondary assists to listening comprehension, speech is very difficult to understand. The best analogue I've come up with is the adults speaking in Peanuts movies - you know it's supposed to be speech but it's an auditory blur.

I do feel left out as far as the rise of podcasting goes, especially for the WMH community where podcasts are a big thing, as I'd really like to follow them, but the nature of my disability means that comprehension would entail repeated listenings, hyper-focused on understanding the speech. I don't know how difficult it would be to include a written component - not necessarily a full script, but hitting on the big points of the podcast at least - would be, but I at least would greatly appreciate it.

For this particular one, it seems like it was only stories from the M1E books, which I already have copies of, so I'm not too concerned, but for stuff like the game designer chats, that sounds really interesting and I'd like bullet points.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

Just listend to the first episode and really enjoyed hearing the old fluff.

Is the person doing the reading one of the Aethervox guys? The voice certainly sounds like it. I really enjoyed their stories back in the day.

Cheers,

Judas

• Like 1

Just listend to the first episode and really enjoyed hearing the old fluff.

Is the person doing the reading one of the Aethervox guys? The voice certainly sounds like it. I really enjoyed their stories back in the day.

Cheers,

Judas

Yeah thats Ian (The Aethervox guy)

BTW got it from iTunes the other day and put it straight on :)

Excellent!

• 1 month later...

Any chance of posting a brief description of each episode? Just enough to jog my memory if I've listened to it already or not.

I assume you mean beyond the story titles listed on the podcast website: http://www.breachsidebroadcast.com/

No Spoilers (at least I don't think they're spoilers)

Episode 1:
Snow on a Tombstone - Rasputina & Seamus fight over the contents of a tomb
Into the Breach - Viktoria rides train to Malifaux and meets Leveticus & Alyce

Episode 2:
Secrets Within - Rasputina at Ridley Station reading Philip's Journal
Staying Dead - Samael & Justice discuss the aftermath of the Snow on the Tombstone battle

Episode 3:
Lost and Found - Leveticus & Sonnia dicuss Viktoria's arrival in Malifaux
Rude Awakening - Lilith attacks Rasputina in a forest

Episode 4:
Dead Man's Hand - McMourning & Seamus make a deal
Luck of the Draw - Viktoria gets her fortune told by Zoraida
The Union - Rasputina meets Ramos and the M&S Union

Edit #1, new episode posted.

Episode 5:
Surprise - Seamus provides a distraction for McMourning
Doppelganger - Viktoria meets Dora "not a hardy Explorer type" and a Doppelganger
Edited by Cats Laughing