Two questions about Marcus' Alpha

surly

Question

1 - When Marcus uses Alpha on Leveticus, is Levi considered to be friendly?
I guess he is, but can't really find an explanation for it, so I'm not sure.

However, if not, does this mean I can use Levi's Rebirth to kill an opposing (from my point of view) construct or undead?

If so, in case it was a construct, will I also draw the 2 cards?

2 - Alpha counts as a Chain activation. In case Marcus gives himself fast with Imbued Energies, can you use it twice though?
I'm not sure about the wording here, if it either prevents using it twice like in this scenario or if they simply wanted to avoid Alpha & Accomplice/Companion.

Thanks, cheers ;D

16 answers to this question

ad 1) Levi does not count as friendly. He is still friendly to his own crew which means you can use Rebirth to sacrifice his models. You would draw the cards, as it's you who controls the action.

ad 2) Good question. My interpretation would be that one of the Alpha'd models activates immediately after Marcus. Then, as it's a Chain activation, the opponent can activate something. Then, as Alpha says immediately, the second Alpha'd model has to activate. Don't know if it will ever happen, but there it is.

• Like 1

First it should be noted that Alpha only works on Beasts. 

Next, unless otherwise stated models do not change allegiance during the course of a game. Certain Obey or Obey like actions do state they are treated as friendly. As Alpha does not state this in your example Leveticus would not be considered a friendly model for the duration of the chain activation. 

There is nothing stopping Marcus from using Alpha twice in one activation. If Marcus were to cast Alpha twice during his activation to affect two separate models he would only be able to chain activate one of them. As a chain activation can only include two models It would go

Marcus > Model A OR Model B. 

Not 

Marcus > Model A > Model B.

As such casting Alpha twice in one activation with Marcus is a total waste of AP. At least that's how I see it. 

• Like 2

First it should be noted that Alpha only works on Beasts.

Sure, haven't written it but Marcus would need to use Feral first (or an Malifaux Raptor/Canine Remains Trigger). I simply left it out since it's not so much related to the question :)

Okay, the interesting part about this question is:

Does Alpha work on the second model or not? We know they cannot activate in a chain. Same thing if Marcus was Accompliced. Does that mean that Marcus doesn't take control at all? 

Okay, the interesting part about this question is:

Does Alpha work on the second model or not? We know they cannot activate in a chain. Same thing if Marcus was Accompliced. Does that mean that Marcus doesn't take control at all?

Literally the only thing Alpha does is cause the targeted model to activate right after Marcus. If it can't do that, it doesn't do much.

Literally the only thing Alpha does is cause the targeted model to activate right after Marcus. If it can't do that, it doesn't do much.

Exactly, it doesn't hand out a condition and it doesn't treat the activation as the actual activation of the targeted model. It just forces them to take an activation immediately after Marcus ends his which is under Marcus' control. As it counts as a chain activation and you cannot activate two models simultaneously you would have to pick one or the other to activate after Marcus and the other would lose it's chance to activate. There's nothing stopping a second model from being affected by Aplha (such as a once per turn clause) but it's a waste of time as only one model can chain activate after Marcus.

• Like 1

No. The Alpha doesn't make any changes on the Friend/enemy status of the model. As such everything that was friendly to it, still is, and everything that was an enemy still is. The interact action removes all enemy scheme markers in base contact, and Levis scheem markers are not enemy scheme markers to him. 

10 minutes ago, feagaur said:

Also on this, If you did Alpha Levi and say melee'd Alyce killing her and getting the trigger for an abomination. Would that abomination belong to the Levi crew or the Marcus crew?

The Levi crew.  From the summoning rules:

If summoning is the result of an Action, the summoned model must be placed within LoS to the acting model. In addition, the summoned model belongs to the acting model's Crew, and is under the control of the acting model's player (regardless of which player controlled the acting model during the Action).

Leveticus is the acting model (the Marcus player is controlling the activation), the summoned abomination belongs to Leveticus's crew.

And don't even think about asking whether Leveticus still belongs to his original crew.  :P  Control effects don't change crew membership.